Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Think there's a lot of blue and white tinted specs around the place! Daicedo is a very, very good player, and will command a huge price - but I doubt it'll be as much as some are suggesting. We had a firm offer of £70M in January, which was rightly considered not enough in January, when it could have derailed our season.
Now that the season has ended though, it's a different story. I'm not suggesting we would or should accept £70M, but a figure not too far north of that is likely, IMHO. We have a player who wants away, and we've (probably) promised not to 'stand in his way' (though hopefully we haven't given him a deal like the one Mac's dad brokered for his lad!)
Of course inflated prices are being bandied around at this stage - but realistically West Ham ain't going to get £100M for Rice, Chelsea won't get £70M for Mount - and we ain't going to get £100M for Caicedo either. Eye-watering amount, certainly, but not £100M (just my opinion, of course, I'm certainly not ITK, or claiming to be!)
I think he will go for £80m + £5-10m add ons as Rice will be the benchmark but expect him to go for over £100m.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Think there's a lot of blue and white tinted specs around the place! Caicedo is a very, very good player, and will command a huge price - but I doubt it'll be as much as some are suggesting. We had a firm offer of £70M in January, which was rightly considered not enough in January, when it could have derailed our season.
Now that the season has ended though, it's a different story. I'm not suggesting we would or should accept £70M, but a figure not too far north of that is likely, IMHO. We have a player who wants away, and we've (probably) promised not to 'stand in his way' (though hopefully we haven't given him a deal like the one Mac's dad brokered for his lad!)
Of course inflated prices are being bandied around at this stage - but realistically West Ham ain't going to get £100M for Rice, Chelsea won't get £70M for Mount - and we ain't going to get £100M for Caicedo either. Eye-watering amount, certainly, but not £100M (just my opinion, of course, I'm certainly not ITK, or claiming to be!)
We all watch Caicedo every single week, so in this instance ‘blue and white tinted specs’ actually assist in us valuing a player.

Rice will go for nearly 100m and every time I’ve seen Moises against him he’s made him look silly, granted I’m well aware Rice is an exceptional player. I can’t think of a midfielder in the league who I watched against Moises last season and thought bloody hell he’s levels above him.

He’s 22 years old, nearly always fit and has bossed 99% of his opponents, nailed on worth 80m+ even opposition fans acknowledge that.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We all watch Caicedo every single week, so in this instance ‘blue and white tinted specs’ actually assist in us valuing a player.

Rice will go for nearly 100m and every time I’ve seen Moises against him he’s made him look silly, granted I’m well aware Rice is an exceptional player. I can’t think of a midfielder in the league who I watched against Moises last season and thought bloody hell he’s levels above him.

He’s 22 years old, nearly always fit and has bossed 99% of his opponents, nailed on worth 80m+ even opposition fans acknowledge that.
I would say 'not too far north of £70M' might be round about £80M, no?

Chelsea fan reckons Caicedo +plus £50M should be the price for Colwill! :facepalm:

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Totally agree of than for the fact he's just 21.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yep - he absolutely dominated Rice in their last head to head at the Amex.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Has there ever been a 20 year old dominate centre midfield like him in the premier league? Yes we see some young strikers come in such as Rooney and Owen but has there ever been a 20 year old defensive midfielder who physically dominates opponents while having incredible technical ability with his distribution? I am trying to think of someone comparable. Possibly Viera is one but I can’t think of anyone else as Roy Keane was pre premier league. I must be missing someone.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Has there ever been a 20 year old dominate centre midfield like him in the premier league? Yes we see some young strikers come in such as Rooney and Owen but has there ever been a 20 year old defensive midfielder who physically dominates opponents while having incredible technical ability with his distribution? I am trying to think of someone comparable. Possibly Viera is one but I can’t think of anyone else as Roy Keane was pre premier league. I must be missing someone.
The same Roy Keane that made well over 300 PL appearances (and was famed for his battles with Patrick Viera)?

Viera is probably the closest one age wise etc to do what Moises has done. Keane was good but didn’t dominate at such a young age and got better as he matured.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Hasn't been such a pivotol role in this country as, in 4-4-2 days, you didnt really have SPECIFIC DMs. You needed your two central midfielders to do a bit of everything. Then Mourinho etc came in and soon we were seeing teams put 5 in midfield and move to a main central striker.

Keane and Vieira did a bit of everything. You think back to prime Arsenal and it was Vieira making 3rd man runs, busting a gut to get into the box for famous goals at White Hart Lane etc.

In my mind, we only got into the true defensive midfielder age when Claude Makelele came over. I remember that being a real game changer as we really hadn't seen players come in and just sit in that position, win the ball back and give it to the 'better' players.

Since then, Chelesea alone have gone through Makelele, Kante, Matic, Essien(arguably) etc
Liverpool went for Mascherano, Alonso

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Whilst Chelsea were crap last season, and we have justifiable cause to dislike them, I think some posters need to understand that a move there wouldn't be one that lacked ambition. They've won every trophy they have competed for in the last ten years (bar the Community Shield for some weird reason) and will, sooner rather than later, be challenging for trophies again. If Moises were to go there, then he'd be trading up a year outside of European competition for a career at the top of the game.

People can't seriously think Chelsea are going to be the same as they were last season?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Whilst Chelsea were crap last season, and we have justifiable cause to dislike them, I think some posters need to understand that a move there wouldn't be one that lacked ambition. They've won every trophy they have competed for in the last ten years (bar the Community Shield for some weird reason) and will, sooner rather than later, be challenging for trophies again. If Moises were to go there, then he'd be trading up a year outside of European competition for a career at the top of the game.

People can't seriously think Chelsea are going to be the same as they were last season?
No. But they won’t be as good as us, they won’t win a trophy and won’t play European football.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No. But they won’t be as good as us, they won’t win a trophy and won’t play European football.
"Won't be as good as us" by what measure?

The betting markets give Chelsea a 38% chance of a top four finish next season, whilst giving us a 12% chance.

We might finish above Chelsea again next season, of course, but it's not particularly likely.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
"Won't be as good as us" by what measure?

The betting markets give Chelsea a 38% chance of a top four finish next season, whilst giving us a 12% chance.

We might finish above Chelsea again next season, of course, but it's not particularly likely.
At 13/8 to finish top 4, Chelsea are ridiculously short and that’s only to do with history - nothing to do with the Boehly shitshow since Clearlake rocked up. At 5-1 our odds are MUCH too short given our history, but offers much better value than Chelsea. IMHO like.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The same Roy Keane that made well over 300 PL appearances (and was famed for his battles with Patrick Viera)?

Viera is probably the closest one age wise etc to do what Moises has done. Keane was good but didn’t dominate at such a young age and got better as he matured.
Yes him. But when he came to the country it was division 1.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Rice will cost more than Caicedo because:
- he’s homegrown and HGP tax is real
- he’s proven himself in the Premier League longer than Moises
- he’s very marketable in the commercial world of modern football.

That’s the reality, even if they are comparable players in terms of quality.

If we can keep hold of Ferguson and he continues to develop as he is now, we will have our own “Rice”, fulfilling those same criteria.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
New post on the BBC web page. Nothing new as far as I can see.

Where’s the analysis of Brighton keeping Caicedo for their maiden assault on Europa League Football? You know, the competition that Chelsea aren’t playing in. The one that United and Arsenal will be in after the group stage😂. I f***ing HATE THE TRANSFER GOBSHITERY.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here