Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Talked about briefly on talk sport last night. No one will pay 100 million for Moises (what Tony wants) allegedly so leaves an unhappy player demanding a move. Brighton won't win this battle and will have to sell 🤣🤣🤣.
Well we can’t have L’il Ole Brighton holding back players that bigger clubs want can we? :smile:

Except we can…if they don’t meet TB’s valuation

As for the price being quoted for Rice, I am not seeing that he is in any way worth up to 30 millionish more than Moises :shrug:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Talked about briefly on talk sport last night. No one will pay 100 million for Moises (what Tony wants) allegedly so leaves an unhappy player demanding a move. Brighton won't win this battle and will have to sell 🤣🤣🤣.

He's on a long contract, Moises might get upset but when he sees the lads performing in the league and preparing for Europa am sure he'll get over it quickly.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
it’ll be weird if Moises ends up in a situation where he’s unhappy as surely he’d have had some inkling of what the club would demand from a summer buyer before extending his contract. Unless Albion renege on a deal that was made in Jan, he can’t really complain.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Talksport also reporting that no bids have been received for Caciedo so Romano talking BS at the moment
I don't follow Romano at all other than seeing the occasional tweet that is posted on here, but doesn't that marry up exactly with what he's said?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I don't follow Romano at all other than seeing the occasional tweet that is posted on here, but doesn't that marry up exactly with what he's said?
I think so. I don't think it's him who claimed Chelsea had bid 60m. just that talks remained ongoing with the players reps but that Chelsea weren't bidding until they'd got their other business done

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Agreed. Chelsea don’t just get to finish top four because of their name. They’ve an overstuffed first team, FFP problems, a clueless owner and a severe lack of confidence.

The Premier League has Man City, Arsenal, a resurgent Man U, a Saudi funded Newcastle and Liverpool. Europe might kill us or Villa but probably not both. Brentford could easily repeat last season and there will be a break out surprise.

At this stage, short Chelsea odds represent hopeful punts from their plastic muppets.

I don’t even think Poch is that great a coach. Watching his Spurs struggle against a Brighton side containing Aaron Connolly was illuminating
Totally agree about Poch. Also he tends to be one of those coaches that at some point dramatically falls out with everyone / gets over emotional. He's living off one Champions Leagie run that ended with them easily being despatched by Liverpool in the final.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Whilst Chelsea were crap last season, and we have justifiable cause to dislike them, I think some posters need to understand that a move there wouldn't be one that lacked ambition. They've won every trophy they have competed for in the last ten years (bar the Community Shield for some weird reason) and will, sooner rather than later, be challenging for trophies again. If Moises were to go there, then he'd be trading up a year outside of European competition for a career at the top of the game.

People can't seriously think Chelsea are going to be the same as they were last season?
I've said this before and I said it when everyone couldn't understand why Ben White would LOWER himself by signing for Arsenal. It was clear what Arsenal were trying to achieve and last year was a clear indication of how it has worked (based on the improvement, as opposed to not winning the title).

While it clear that, last season, Chelsea didn't really have a clue what they were doing, the turnover (mostly outgoings) of players has been impressive (credit to Losestanley, maybe?) in preparing for this season. If – and it might be a big if – it all clicks, they could/should be title contenders, especially if Caicedo goes there.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I don’t see someone paying £100m for Moises, so IF that is the price he may well be staying here, but at the same time i don’t believe that figure has come from us. I think it’s just journalists trying to add fuel to the fire in this story and create headlines. Journalists love a big round number. Given that Arsenal bid £70m in January and then he signed a new contract somewhere around £80/90m seems more plausible. And IF that £100m figure has come from the club it could well be a negotiating tactic where we set an inflated valuation knowing full well we’d actually accept somewhere around £80/90m, but the high valuation just helps set where the opening bids would be, rather than letting slip our actual valuation (80/90m) and then clubs start coming in with bids even lower than that. Who knows, all smoke and mirrors at the moment.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I've said this before and I said it when everyone couldn't understand why Ben White would LOWER himself by signing for Arsenal. It was clear what Arsenal were trying to achieve and last year was a clear indication of how it has worked (based on the improvement, as opposed to not winning the title).

While it clear that, last season, Chelsea didn't really have a clue what they were doing, the turnover (mostly outgoings) of players has been impressive (credit to Losestanley, maybe?) in preparing for this season. If – and it might be a big if – it all clicks, they could/should be title contenders, especially if Caicedo goes there.
As @Weststander has pointed out a few times, Arsenal should be challenging now based on their spend over the last 2 years and they’re likely to top £200m this window. The genius of Mikel Arteta has been well and truly bankrolled.

Quietly they are mega spenders.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don’t see someone paying £100m for Moises, so IF that is the price he may well be staying here, but at the same time i don’t believe that figure has come from us. I think it’s just journalists trying to add fuel to the fire in this story and create headlines. Journalists love a big round number. Given that Arsenal bid £70m in January and then he signed a new contract somewhere around £80/90m seems more plausible. And IF that £100m figure has come from the club it could well be a negotiating tactic where we set an inflated valuation knowing full well we’d actually accept somewhere around £80/90m, but the high valuation just helps set where the opening bids would be, rather than letting slip our actual valuation (80/90m) and then clubs start coming in with bids even lower than that. Who knows, all smoke and mirrors at the moment.
Caicedo is 3 years younger than rice. He is quicker, stronger, more dynamic and better in the tackle. He beats Rice in most stats.

Rice had more interceptions last season but if Moises was playing for a team like West Ham who have such little possession, he’d have way more interceptions than Declan. He’d also have carried the ball a lot more if he’d have had as many interceptions. It’s tough to lead on those stats playing for one of the world’s ultra elite possession teams (2nd in the EPL last season).

In short, £105m for Rice is astonishing. We have the better player (by about £30m imho). No wonder Tony has told his transfers team that no one gets to speak to him about Caicedo without £100m on the table as a starting offer.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Caicedo is 3 years younger than rice. He is quicker, stronger, more dynamic and better in the tackle. He beats Rice in most stats.

Rice had more interceptions last season but if Moises was playing for a team like West Ham who have such little possession, he’d have way more interceptions than Declan. He’d also have carried the ball a lot more if he’d have had as many interceptions. It’s tough to lead on those stats playing for one of the world’s ultra elite possession teams (2nd in the EPL last season).

In short, £105m for Rice is astonishing. We have the better player (by about £30m imho). No wonder Tony has told his transfers team that no one gets to speak to him about Caicedo without £100m on the table as a starting offer.
Has he? Really?

Sauce?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Totally agree that Moises is the better player and we should be holding out for a very high fee. When we played West Ham and they were both in the middle it was like a world class player vs a school boy. But the usual english player tax, plus Rice's England performances & longer time in the Prem will likely mean that West Ham get a higher fee for him than we do for Moises. Or at least very similar.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Totally agree that Moises is the better player and we should be holding out for a very high fee. When we played West Ham and they were both in the middle it was like a world class player vs a school boy. But the usual english player tax, plus Rice's England performances & longer time in the Prem will likely mean that West Ham get a higher fee for him than we do for Moises. Or at least very similar.

Rice was very good imho, surrounded by ****, I do think he'll improve his next team and he's quietly quality for England.

Whereas Caicedo is that much better, helped by his athleticism and at just 21 he's only going to improve.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
As per Fabrizio… Man City will not match Arsenals bid for Declan Rice.

Arsenal won’t come for Moises. Just United and Chelsea now

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011

I don't understand Moises. Why would you not want to stay with us for one season to play in Europe instead of playing for Chelsea who have no Europe and very unlikely to win a trophy also

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I don't understand Moises. Why would you not want to stay with us for one season to play in Europe instead of playing for Chelsea who have no Europe and very unlikely to win a trophy also

Loads of money ? Better longer term opportunity to play Champions League probably 2 aspects

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Loads of money ? Better longer term opportunity to play Champions League probably 2 aspects
He just got a mega pay rise from us + we're actually playing in Europe this season. Chelsea aren't + they've shown that they're currently a mess. Would make sense to transfer to literally any other team playing in Europe or wait 12 months but Moises "dream to play for Manchester United"/"i only want Arsenal"/"chelsea is the team for me" Caicedo wants £

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

So no new news. Chelsea havent yet started any negotiations, and although he says 'personal terms not an issue' he doesnt commit to saying they're agreed. He's tweeted exactly this, but worded differently about 4 times now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here