Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He just got a mega pay rise from us + we're actually playing in Europe this season. Chelsea aren't + they've shown that they're currently a mess. Would make sense to transfer to literally any other team playing in Europe or wait 12 months but Moises "dream to play for Manchester United"/"i only want Arsenal"/"chelsea is the team for me" Caicedo wants £
Chelsea will improve this season. And Europa League is great but it’s not really ‘Europe’ is it - champions league is the holy grail

But yep really it’s money driven I expect

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Chelsea will improve this season. And Europa League is great but it’s not really ‘Europe’ is it - champions league is the holy grail

Europa League is Europe. Look at the last finals and winners https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UEFA_Cup_and_Europa_League_finals

Big clubs and big games. Is it disappointing for top 6 teams to qualify for Europa and not CL? Yes but it's still a huge tournament and gives us pull for players

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He just got a mega pay rise from us + we're actually playing in Europe this season. Chelsea aren't + they've shown that they're currently a mess. Would make sense to transfer to literally any other team playing in Europe or wait 12 months but Moises "dream to play for Manchester United"/"i only want Arsenal"/"chelsea is the team for me" Caicedo wants £
Chelsea will pay him 2-3 times what we will, simply comes down to that as long as they meet TB’s valuation. The ‘quotes’ are mostly BS.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've said this before and I said it when everyone couldn't understand why Ben White would LOWER himself by signing for Arsenal. It was clear what Arsenal were trying to achieve and last year was a clear indication of how it has worked (based on the improvement, as opposed to not winning the title).

While it clear that, last season, Chelsea didn't really have a clue what they were doing, the turnover (mostly outgoings) of players has been impressive (credit to Losestanley, maybe?) in preparing for this season. If – and it might be a big if – it all clicks, they could/should be title contenders, especially if Caicedo goes there.
But we're a BIGGER club than Chelsea, because we finished sixth and therefore we're playing in Europe and are just so much bigger and richer and more attractive.*

*It must be the case for the simple reason that I support B&HA and not Chelsea

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

Of course it's largely money driven, I agree. This theory of Champions League being the holy grail I don't think has the pull some people think it does.

You may only play 6 matches in the Champions League and then crash out so there's no guarantees, and only 1 club can ever win it per season. Yes, it is an attraction but I suspect most players are looking for the best finanacial package they can get first, and then if Europe or the Champions League is available then that's a bonus.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So no new news. Chelsea havent yet started any negotiations, and although he says 'personal terms not an issue' he doesnt commit to saying they're agreed. He's tweeted exactly this, but worded differently about 4 times now.
I'm still waiting for us to submit the 40m bid for Colwill that Romano tweeted back on June 6th that BHA were 'preparing'.

See, he always adds a bit of ambiguity to fall back on when his guesses turn out to be wrong.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Profile and money . Simple as that

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Disagree . Europa league is europe

Conference league agree but Europa is prestige

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Of course it's largely money driven, I agree. This theory of Champions League being the holy grail I don't think has the pull some people think it does.

You may only play 6 matches in the Champions League and then crash out so there's no guarantees, and only 1 club can ever win it per season. Yes, it is an attraction but I suspect most players are looking for the best finanacial package they can get first, and then if Europe or the Champions League is available then that's a bonus.
I think it's linked. The Champions League means more money for the clubs involved, meaning more money to pay players, larger bonuses. Etc. Then there is also the appeal of showing you can do a job in Europe showing potentially bigger clubs who have regular european football that you can adapt to that football within the season, etc.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So no new news. Chelsea havent yet started any negotiations, and although he says 'personal terms not an issue' he doesnt commit to saying they're agreed. He's tweeted exactly this, but worded differently about 4 times now.
probably being paid by agent to stir up the story. :wink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am beginning to think he won't go anywhere this season and like Ale Mac, he'll be off for a more "reasonable" offer next season.

It seems to be the way the club work anyway. First summer: allow player to leave only if obscene offer comes in. Second summer: allow player to leave on terms that will interest sufficient clubs that the player gets his pick.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am beginning to think he won't go anywhere this season and like Ale Mac, he'll be off for a more "reasonable" offer next season.

It seems to be the way the club work anyway. First summer: allow player to leave only if obscene offer comes in. Second summer: allow player to leave on terms that will interest sufficient clubs that the player gets his pick.
No chance - he's outta here.

Betcha one English pound.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Has he? Really?

Sauce?
No sauce.

I didn’t mean that statement to be read literally but it’s come across like that, I admit.

More a reaction to the various Romano-clones who are filling twitter with guff about us pricing Caicedo too high at £100m and being in danger of losing out on a deal. Ideally, we want it keep him FFS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here