Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
This makes so much sense... The Athletic reporting Chelsea bid £60m for Caicedo a couple of weeks ago and the rumours of us upping our bid to £40m for Colwill to make up the £100 m we value Caicedo at!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This makes so much sense... The Athletic reporting Chelsea bid £60m for Caicedo a couple of weeks ago and the rumours of us upping our bid to £40m for Colwill to make up the £100 m we value Caicedo at!

Yer or they meet in the middle. 80 sounds about right.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
They probably think they’re being really clever starting so low. I imagine all it’s done is piss us off

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
There have been a few posts on Twitter from Chelsea fans along the lines of : "No one should pay what Brighton are asking for Caicedo, that will show them."

I can imagine Barber going into RdZ and saying, "Sorry, we couldn't get rid of one of the best midfielders in the world, you're stuck with Moises for another season." Roberto will be crying into his Peroni. 😜

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I suspect that was has happened is a number (ie more than 1) of clubs have said to Moises 'would you accept huge amounts of dosh per week', and he has said yes, you just have to agree a price with TB.

Nobody has yet made an offer that meet's TB's valuation yet and if they don't, he'll be here next season. Again, I believe TB's valuation is going to be Cucurella, White high rather than AliMac, Burn, Tross level given how long he has been contributing to the team.

There's no doubt in my mind that he has the potential to be world class, but I thought that Biss, White and Cucurella were better players than they've proven to be since. Dan Burn, now there was a good buy :wink:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It is a real shame as he’s definitely the best player I’ve watched play for Brighton. However the huge transfer fee looks like it’s come at a good time when the club needs to strengthen a lot more than they would have probably envisaged due to qualifying for Europe .

£100m goes a long way in our recruitment ..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Athletic seem sure that we’ve put a £100m+ on Caicedo. Chelsea either cough up the lot, give us Colwill & £60m or **** off.
Yes, give us Colwill and 60 million and you can have Moises.

Not give us Colwill for 40 million and you can have Moises for 60 million. That would mean we would be getting Colwell and 20 million.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Do we have to have this on every transfer thread?

Personal terms are regularly agreed before prices are. It doesn’t really matter and it makes sense as it stops clubs/players/agents wasting their time on a transfer that isn’t going to happen. It won’t stop as it’s in all clubs interest as they all do it, including ours.
Agree with you.

But is it not technically an illegal approach to unsettle player under contract?
I understand we almost certainly do it as well.

Just modern football.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Huh? Them giving us £60m and us giving them £40 million = Us getting £100m for Caicedo? Am I missing something here?

Edit - no idea how I missed subsequent posts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here