Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hasn’t he made a career out of knowing quite a lot? Enough for sky sports to employ him.
Sky sports is basically The Sun on Telly.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That hasn't stopped them recruiting resident liar Kaveh!
Transfers are becoming a huge part of the media football circus. To dedicate a channel to football transfers seems ridiculous to me. I was surprised the Albion bit back at FR over the Cucurella deal all very childish especially as he signed the next day.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Let's see. I don't see anyone paying 100m for a player that's had one and a bit seasons in the epl. I don't see us keeping him as we seem to have a gentleman's agreement to let him go.

80-85m has got to be a good middle ground.

Don't get me wrong I would love to keep him just being realistic.

They payed more than £120m for Enzo Fernandez a player with zero Premier League experience.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Standard scum club who can pay more money move, low ball bid, unsettle the player, force a lower transfer fee than the player is worth.

Despicable, and unusual given what a daft prat Boehly was with the 63m for Cucu

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We are not getting Colwill. Levi Colwill is not for sale. He is not leaving Chelsea. We are not signing Colwill. Whether that’s part of a swap deal, a separate transfer or a loan. Levi Colwill is not joining us.

Every time you feel the urge to post something like “£60m + Colwill” I want you to punch yourself in the face as a form of aversion therapy.

We are not signing Colwill. No Colwill. Not signing. He is staying at Chelsea because he is not signing.

Ffs

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
I assume Colwill is being used to drive the Caicedo price up, like he was for Cucarella. Tony is aware they won't sell him, but in not doing so, they have to pay more. It worked last year, why not try again?!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We are not getting Colwill. Levi Colwill is not for sale. He is not leaving Chelsea. We are not signing Colwill. Whether that’s part of a swap deal, a separate transfer or a loan. Levi Colwill is not joining us.

Every time you feel the urge to post something like “£60m + Colwill” I want you to punch yourself in the face as a form of aversion therapy.

We are not signing Colwill. No Colwill. Not signing. He is staying at Chelsea because he is not signing.

Ffs
Cheers uncle Tone, didn’t realise you were on NSC.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We are not signing Colwill.
Nobody knows that, we aren’t signing him right now, if Chelsea don’t offer him a promise of regular starts he wants to leave, that’s what seems to be the open secret.

I do think anything more than 40m is a big gamble for Colwill, yes he’s impressive for his age but he has also had a few injury and fitness issues which can be alarming for a young player.

Either way that’s besides the point, it depends how much they want Caicedo, they can’t offer us 85m at the moment I believe due to FFP, so what will they offer us? I’d be more than happy just to keep Caicedo, he’s far more important than Colwill is.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Players have the power these days with a year left on his deal he goes far free next summer. You can’t say we will never sign Levi Colwill.
Not sure of your source but the Guardian say his deal at Chelsea runs until 2026…

Players do not have the power. Contract terms have the power.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Nobody knows that, we aren’t signing him right now, if Chelsea don’t offer him a promise of regular starts he wants to leave, that’s what seems to be the open secret.

I do think anything more than 40m is a big gamble for Colwill, yes he’s impressive for his age but he has also had a few injury and fitness issues which can be alarming for a young player.

Either way that’s besides the point, it depends how much they want Caicedo, they can’t offer us 85m at the moment I believe due to FFP, so what will they offer us? I’d be more than happy just to keep Caicedo, he’s far more important than Colwill is.
I think they absolutely can afford it, they are selling dead wood and unwanted players like Koulibaly, Mount, Gallagher and about seven or eight others - Mount and Gallagher alone are £80-90m of pure “profit” for the purpose of FFP accounting.

So when Moises goes on an eight year deal or similar, it is immediately offset by the profit from player sales, as well as being amortised across a long period. It is their entire business model under Boehly.

Colwill is their starting CB next season, absolutely no question. It’s pie in the sky thinking that Chelsea will sell voluntarily without the player basically saying “I am running down my contract because I want to move to Brighton, so sell me now or lose me next summer for free”.

Which is never going to happen because he’s going to get a massive new contract and assurances of playing time.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

I’ve said already Colwill has been hyped to astronomic status I almost feel for the lad.
The Albion value of £30m is about right although there could be better options and value abroad I’m sure we have a list.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think they absolutely can afford it, they are selling dead wood and unwanted players like Koulibaly, Mount, Gallagher and about seven or eight others - Mount and Gallagher alone are £80-90m of pure “profit” for the purpose of FFP accounting.

So when Moises goes on an eight year deal or similar, it is immediately offset by the profit from player sales, as well as being amortised across a long period. It is their entire business model under Boehly.

Colwill is their starting CB next season, absolutely no question. It’s pie in the sky thinking that Chelsea will sell voluntarily without the player basically saying “I am running down my contract because I want to move to Brighton, so sell me now or lose me next summer for free”.

Which is never going to happen because he’s going to get a massive new contract and assurances of playing time.

I think you're probably right about Colwill being their starting CB next season, but that's a lot of pressure on a novice playing for that toxic fanbase.

He's not the finished article, as shown away to both Spurs and Forest. At Chelsea he'll be under greater pressure to perform every week, just when he needs time to develop.

And what happens if his form dips? Can Pochettino afford to honour any assurances when his own job will be on the line?

Many young English players nowadays are more sensible about how to shape their careers and big pay packets are less appealing than they once were. Just ask Ross Barkley.

Unfortunately I think both Caicedo and Colwill will both be playing for them next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here