Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I don't understand the logic there...
We reject a £60 million bid, then bid £40 million for Colwill, and that proves we value Caicedo at £100 million. Eh?
Doesn't it just prove we value Caicedo at more than £60 mil and Colwill at at least £40mil?
Yeah i tend to agree. I dont think the maths is that simple. At the moment these are two separate deals.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Unfortunately I think romano has nailed it again. They bid 60 we rate at 100. We will settle on 80-85.

We won't try keep a player that clearly wants to leave.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It is a real shame as he’s definitely the best player I’ve watched play for Brighton. However the huge transfer fee looks like it’s come at a good time when the club needs to strengthen a lot more than they would have probably envisaged due to qualifying for Europe .

£100m goes a long way in our recruitment ..
This is how I see it. The 3-4 players that we will buy and pay wages of with the Caicedo money will definitely make us a stronger overall squad, and probably a stronger starting 11 as well.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Because people are not really interested in the history, ideosincracy or other information of clubs (that is why personaly I dislike Chelsea). It is just another big club, no difference with any other.
For me Chelsea are the least interesting of the 'top end' clubs, no real identity, no direct rival, Kings Road tourist fans, 12k crowds in the 80s, one of the lowest PL attendances ever recorded being Chelsea v Coventry in 1994 at around 8k. Soulless and pointless.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
How can Chelsea be in the market for anyone when several reports say they need to sell around £120m of players by June 30th to comply with FFP?

Also, all other clubs know about the urgency of Chelsea's need to sell, so what's stopping them from waiting untill the last minute before offering rock bottom prices?

Finally, if Chelsea don't manage to sell enough before the June 30th deadline, might they be forced to accept our offer for Colwill?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Look at mac

Prices always inflated in jan

I hope for 80 but we’ll prepared for it to be something like 65 with add ons
The Mac deal was an anomaly because of his contract clause. No such clause with Caicedo so we have no reason to do a cut price deal on him even if Jan was slightly inflated. We can still push for top dollar.

I imagine if a deal was announced for 65 plus add on it would total near enough 80. No point doing an add ons deal if they're minimal.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He knows f*** all
I’d accept that he seems to get a lot of inside info via agents. However, he knows f*** all about what BHA’s intentions are and what we would accept as a fee or what we might bid for a player - eg Colwill.

Tweeted a couple of weeks ago that we were ‘preparing’ a 40m bid for Colwill, even though there’s no way that Bloom/Barber will be giving him the heads up on any bid BHA are going to make. That tweet was purely guesswork - it doesn’t take a genius to work out that after bidding 30m, our next bid might be 40m. Significantly, the actual bid doesn’t seem to have materialised.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I’d accept that he seems to get a lot of inside info via agents. However, he knows f*** all about what BHA’s intentions are and what we would accept as a fee or what we might bid for a player - eg Colwill.

Tweeted a couple of weeks ago that we were ‘preparing’ a 40m bid for Colwill, even though there’s no way that Bloom/Barber will be giving him the heads up on any bid BHA are going to make. That tweet was purely guesswork - it doesn’t take a genius to work out that after bidding 30m, our next bid might be 40m. Significantly, the actual bid doesn’t seem to have materialised.
He obviously does get a lot of info from agents. But he's also built a career on tweeting things that nobody could ever prove if he was or wasnt correct. Saying things like 'Brighton are preparing a £40m bid' and 'talks are due to start' are such vague comments, which make him look well connected, but are also things that he knows nobody will be able to disprove. If a £40m bid never comes to fruition he can just say 'well they were thinking about it' and he stills appears to have been correct at the time of tweeting. Unless of course Tony directly commented on it to disprove things, which he knows would never happen. Its clever really, and sucks in so many people to think he is this all knowing oracle. Tell enough small lies (that you cant disprove) and people start to believe the big ones.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Unfortunately I think romano has nailed it again. They bid 60 we rate at 100. We will settle on 80-85.

We won't try keep a player that clearly wants to leave.
Rubbish.

Chelsea , under Mr Toad, have gained the well deserved reputation of overpaying for players, sometimes by £30m+.

Caicedo signed a big extension on his contract for us. If Chelsea meet the valuation (which they will) he’ll leave. The valuation is widely being reported at £100m. You really don’t know Tony Bloom well enough if you think he is going to hand Chelsea a £15m - £20m discount, especially as they are not letting us get our hands on Colwill.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Broja, the left back Burnley are after and £60 million up front in cash.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Rubbish.

Chelsea , under Mr Toad, have gained the well deserved reputation of overpaying for players, sometimes by £30m+.

Caicedo signed a big extension on his contract for us. If Chelsea meet the valuation (which they will) he’ll leave. The valuation is widely being reported at £100m. You really don’t know Tony Bloom well enough if you think he is going to hand Chelsea a £15m - £20m discount, especially as they are not letting us get our hands on Colwill.
Let's see. I don't see anyone paying 100m for a player that's had one and a bit seasons in the epl. I don't see us keeping him as we seem to have a gentleman's agreement to let him go.

80-85m has got to be a good middle ground.

Don't get me wrong I would love to keep him just being realistic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here