Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Last couple of minutes he’s removed Gallagher and Broja from the “deal”

Can’t see Chelsea paying £100m+ or letting Colwill leave so maybe Caicedo stays?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Last couple of minutes he’s removed Gallagher and Broja from the “deal”

Can’t see Chelsea paying £100m+ or letting Colwill leave so maybe Caicedo stays?
With our current additions we would be a serious team again next year .

Bolster the defence with quality and would fancy improving on this year

ifs and buts at this stage

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wonder if anybody's considered Colwill's view on all this? He's enjoyed himself playing for Brighton - maybe he'd rather stay here and not go back to Chelsea; unikely I suppose, because Chelsea will pay him a lot more. But looking at it longer term (a difficult concept for PL players and their voracious agents, I know) he's only, what - 19? 20? so a couple of years at Brighton, playing in Europe, learning his trade, developing, breaking through to the England team (and all the while earning about £3M a year) as a stepping stone to a much bigger move, to a much bigger and better club would be a pretty good plan.

Chelsea would want a pretty hefty sell-on clause, which is fair enough. It would be great though if he would start pushing for a move from Chelsea, turning down a new contract and threatening to play out his time and eventually leave on a free if he doesn't get the move he wants now. Oh boy, bring it on, PERLEEEASE! £40M plus Colwill for Caicedo would be a great transfer deal.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
The problem is, given the narrative seems to be 'he wants to leave and has had assurances he can leave' how will he react to not going this summer?
He was exemplary after the January bid, but he might just look at the Mac transfer (obviously entirely different) and create an agent fuelled fuss.
I suspect we will be looking for the 100million mark, something like 90 plus add ons likely to be very hard to turn down.
That might be the narrative being pushed by those who are set to gain financially from him getting his big move, doesn’t mean it’s true. I suspect he probably will go this summer, but the perceived wisdom is that we’re looking to hold out for a massive fee (ie. £100m+), which is somewhat at odds with any kind of “promise” that he can leave, wouldn’t you say?

As others have mentioned, any such “promise” will be heavily caveated with us receiving a fee that matches our valuation, which he’ll have accepted, as it’s always been our approach.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I wonder if anybody's considered Colwill's view on all this? He's enjoyed himself playing for Brighton - maybe he'd rather stay here and not go back to Chelsea; unikely I suppose, because Chelsea will pay him a lot more. But looking at it longer term (a difficult concept for PL players and their voracious agents, I know) he's only, what - 19? 20? so a couple of years at Brighton, playing in Europe, learning his trade, developing, breaking through to the England team (and all the while earning about £3M a year) as a stepping stone to a much bigger move, to a much bigger and better club would be a pretty good plan.

Chelsea would want a pretty hefty sell-on clause, which is fair enough. It would be great though if he would start pushing for a move from Chelsea, turning down a new contract and threatening to play out his time and eventually leave on a free if he doesn't get the move he wants now. Oh boy, bring it on, PERLEEEASE! £40M plus Colwill for Caicedo would be a great transfer deal.
Getting a bit Leeds Ben White there again. He has a contract with Chelsea until 2026.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I thought it was this year plus a years option so 2025 hence Chelsea's desire to get him locked in for longer
See post 457.
2026 plus a year by my interpretation but even if 2026 includes the option to extend that wouldn’t change anything in 2023 as at the moment they intend to play him. If they don’t there’s no way that can be determined this year.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Do we know if Moises *wants* to leave?
I get that he wants more money, and I'm not having a pop, but if Man U say were in the running, you couldn't begrudge him CL football and a bumper pay packet. For pure footballing reasons he wouldn't go to a club who aren't in Europe, so... would he leave just for money?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I get that he wants more money, and I'm not having a pop, but if Man U say were in the running, you couldn't begrudge him CL football and a bumper pay packet. For pure footballing reasons he wouldn't go to a club who aren't in Europe, so... would he leave just for money?
He’d join Chelsea for the ‘Project’. Obviously.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Getting a bit Leeds Ben White there again. He has a contract with Chelsea until 2026.
Yes, I'm sure he has. Hasn't any player ever kicked up a storm about wanting to leave, being awkward, making a nuisance of himsef and eventually engineering a move away? Amazed if some people beieve that never happens! Not that I'm saying this will happen with Colwill - I suspect the lure of instnt financial gratification will prove too big a draw - but it's an intriguing, if very unlikey,scenario.
As for the 'Leeds Ben White' thing it was only in the minds of Leeds supporters that he desperately wanted to stay there (although I've no doubt he'd enjoyed having a very successful season there) but in his case the progression through one season with Brighton and a big money move to a club he wanted to join was a much better pathway.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If he's really set on playing for his dream team (if that really is Man. United) he might I suppose consider hanging around for a season to see if they sort themselves out and come in with a bid. Can't see it though - all those starving little Caicedos back in Ecuador need feeding, and £50-£60K a week doesn't go far these days.........

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If he's really set on playing for his dream team (if that really is Man. United) he might I suppose consider hanging around for a season to see if they sort themselves out and come in with a bid. Can't see it though - all those starving little Caicedos back in Ecuador need feeding, and £50-£60K a week doesn't go far these days.........
It's a weird logic isn't it? If he and his family are so poor how far does 50k a week go? Like, I get it if he was English and from a really poor background and maybe had 20 siblings- it's expensive to live here. But surely in Ecuador he's basically the equivalent of a billionaire now, at 21. They already have a life changing amount of money and that's a tenth of the way (if that) through his career. How much money do they need?! It feels really short sighted to choose Chelsea given the mess they're in.
You do wonder who advises these people. If he gets his head down and has at least as good a season again he'd be able to take his pick next summer.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yes

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Ever since Moises drove past Al-Ahly’s famous King Abdullah Sports City stadium, he has dreamed of joining Al Malaki.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It feels really short sighted to choose Chelsea given the mess they're in.
You do wonder who advises these people
. If he gets his head down and has at least as good a season again he'd be able to take his pick next summer.
I rather suspect that while Moises has sorted his family out, the same can’t be said for his agent.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
- shame we'd be dumping Caicedo in a club like that though, project or no project. He seems to be a nice lad.
We wouldn't be 'dumping him' in a club like that. We're not forcing him to go there! If he wants to stay - we'd keep him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Yes.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We wouldn't be 'dumping him' in a club like that. We're not forcing him to go there! If he wants to stay - we'd keep him.
Well, we can't do a deal that involves him and Colwill with any other club, can we. So, if we're using his transfer to facilitate getting Colwill, then yes, we're dumping him with one of the worst moves for him (apart from the money of course). Of course, the money might be the be-all and end-all for him, rather than his footballing career, but we don't know that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here