Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
is the boy really motivated by money though or have his agents been doing all the talking. Hell at 50k+ a week hes already earning 2.5m a year basic (and no doubt hefty win bonuses)- how much can a man his age spend?
Nobody mentioned the idea of a buy/loan back deal with another club. With AliMac gone, possibly Barber et all will be trying their utmost to keep him another year. The loan back option would ensure Caicedo gets his dream move but doesnt deplete our whole midfield in one season. Just my tuppence worth?
That's because it's a ridiculous notion.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Yep, he's got the Chelsea fans right at it again on The Athletic comments alone, I dread to think what Twitter looks like!
Good. The sooner Chelsea fans realise how much we value Moises, the sooner they can gripe about it. I'm hoping they come to the realisation that the only way they can get him will be if Colwill's included in the deal...

We now have to get them thinking Moises is invaluable and losing Colwill for him wouldn't be all too bad.

Get the Chelsea fans imploring to The Todd to let Colwill go may just swing it in our favour.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
is the boy really motivated by money though or have his agents been doing all the talking. Hell at 50k+ a week hes already earning 2.5m a year basic (and no doubt hefty win bonuses)- how much can a man his age spend?
Nobody mentioned the idea of a buy/loan back deal with another club. With AliMac gone, possibly Barber et all will be trying their utmost to keep him another year. The loan back option would ensure Caicedo gets his dream move but doesnt deplete our whole midfield in one season. Just my tuppence worth?
I don't think loan back deals are permitted between PL clubs anymore.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Whatever we sell him for, I believe we have to pay a percentage Independiente De Valle (20% was reported) - so they could be in line for nearly £20 million

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Basically the parasite agent group have told Romano that he’ll be leaving in order to put pressure on the club to sell him.

‘Personal terms close to being agreed’ ie - his agents have told me Chelsea are willing to treble his wages. If the clubs haven’t agreed an acceptable fee or even started discussions as he indicates, that’s basically irrelevant.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Basically the parasite agent group have told Romano that he’ll be leaving in order to put pressure on the club to sell him.

I highly doubt the agents actually think a few tweets from Romano will have any tangible impact on Blooms stance. They leak information to get people talking about their client, to drum up interest and make themselves as much money as possible.

RDZ told the world Caicedo was off on a couple of occasions towards the end of last season - it’s not news to anyone who doesn’t have their head in the sand.

Reactions: SAC

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
£150 million for 10 years seems like a bargain purchase.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I highly doubt the agents actually think a few tweets from Romano will have any tangible impact on Blooms stance. They leak information to get people talking about their client, to drum up interest and make themselves as much money as possible.

RDZ told the world Caicedo was off on a couple of occasions towards the end of last season - it’s not news to anyone who doesn’t have their head in the sand.
To be fair, he told the world he was probably off. He may well be, but only if potential buyers meet our valuation. Which seems way off atm.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
The club aren't going to accept less than 70 million plus add ons. Chelsea are f***ed under FFP. So either he goes with Colwill (and poss Gallagher) coming in + cash, they somehow manage to cook the books in their favour and pay full price or he stays.

Bellingham is the bellwether here. I don't think Caicedo gets the same cash as he does (88 million), even though i'd rate them as the two best young midfielders in the world right now.

TB and BHA know how crucial MC has been to our uplift in form.

He made his debut in the arsenal game last year and since then our record in all comps with him in the side is W30 D 10 L12 + 2 pen loss - a shade above a 68% win ratio. Our record for 21/22 before he came into the side was W10 D13 L12 + 1 pen loss which has a win ratio of around just under 28%.

Aware that it is not quite like for like here as there was a change in manager, style and playing talent - but Potter's Brighton started to bang with him in the side - probably because he does the job of two midfielders with his telescopic legs and first time passing ability.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Now I KNOW this is probably mainly dreamt up BUT this type of thing is really starting to grate with me. How can ‘personal terms be agreed’ if ‘the two clubs haven’t held talks yet’? Is this not just tapping up? An illegal approach? Or are those just forgotten rules like a keeper realising the ball after 6 seconds?
The club have made no secret that he will be allowed to leave- it follows that they will have given permission for him or his agent to talk to whoever he wants. Whether we will accept an offer is another story.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Indeed so what is Romanos inside scoop exactly?

From RDZ words it’s obvious he won’t stand in the way of Moises leaving, providing we get the right money, but that much is true of every single one of our players ultimately.

I actually think RDZ words and stance has been quite clever because it shows Moises he knows how good he is but at the same time it actually doesn’t really say anything other than what we already know (if the right offer comes, we will let him leave)

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
The lad is going to be a megastar, as someone else said, once in a generation player, be up there with the best of the best if he carries on the trajectory he's on. It was a privilege to see him in the stripes, but he was always off after the Arsenal nonsense in January. £80-120m is nuts for a 21 year old, basically pays for about 3/4 of the initial Amex building costs? I just hope it doesn't drag on. Don't care where he goes, though Chelsea is just bizarre, you might as well stay with us and play European football for a season, but money talks and if he's determined to go, then off you pop lad, it's been fun. It's been interesting talking to my Arsenal mates though. All of them have said they want Caicedo over Rice.

What I have absolute faith in is that Tony, Paul and Roberto will have planned for this, will adapt the squad, bring in who is needed and have the club prepared for another epic season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here