Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Am I right in thinking nobody actually knows our valuation of Caicedo, do they?

I've obviously seen £100 million bandied about, but as far as I know, the exact figure has not come from the club. It came from the Telegraph.

Interested clubs will not know our valuation because it has not been published.

Something that has not been mentioned, is that every time a club puts in a lower offer that is rejected, it might unsettle the player or players who currently hold that position in the buying club. By not disclosing the price he would accept, Bloom may encourage a bidding war.

There's a lot to be said for his negotiating strategy.
I think the £100m thingy has been banded about by journalists who normally make you think that it could be correct. I think Naylor was one of them.

It may be that the club have let that one out deliberately.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wasn’t there something from the club (PB possibly) linking his value to the Rice deal ?
Not sure. 95% of the stuff I read is ignored as tosh. But for some reason I've felt the £100m thing is probably correct. I can't remember the original source.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Wasn’t there something from the club (PB possibly) linking his value to the Rice deal ?
I'm pretty sure I remember that as well, although I expect I read it in a newspaper report.

If you can trust it, this link from Nigeria a month ago, reports the Guardian as saying 105m for Rice is the benchmark:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nope! Distant two year old mention that other transfers affect the price of BHA players bought and sold. Otherwise only mention is £70 million buys half a M. Caceido. All seems to be newspaper guesswork without sources. Guesswork w/o economic reality, length of contracts etc.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not sure. 95% of the stuff I read is ignored as tosh. But for some reason I've felt the £100m thing is probably correct. I can't remember the original source.
I would love Todd and Winstanley to be having a similar conversation right now.

Todd….we need to pay Brighton’s price, don’t we ?
Winstanley…..hang on, that’s £100m, isn’t it ?
Todd….well, you said it was.
Winstanley….no, you said it was.

Todd and Winstanley…..fuckkkkkkkk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unless TB has put a cut off date for this transfer I am certain that Chelsea will stump up whatever TB is asking at the 11th hour :down:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Really think TB wouldn’t let it get to that, in fact it wouldn’t have surprised me if this week is the cut off.
On that subject, I really like what Bayern have done with Spuds/Levy. Give the deal a deadline and move on if the other club does not respond. This weekly incremental increase of a few million is getting on everyone’s nerves. They need an extra £25m or they can **** off. Hopefully you are right about TB.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Could be Man City..,they did bid for rice after all (Man City ITK account on twitter expecting business with brighton).

Attachments

• IMG_1115.jpeg
    IMG_1115.jpeg
    301.4 KB · Views: 184

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003