Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Brighton have no more business refusing to sell Caicedo to Chelsea than Coutts & Co. has refusing to serve Mr. Farage.
Chelsea is famous. And important.
That used to count for something in this country.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Brighton have no more business refusing to sell Caicedo to Chelsea than Coutts & Co. has refusing to serve Mr. Farage.
Chelsea is famous. And important.
That used to count for something in this country.
Chelsea is arrogance personified.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Interesting that the media have been briefed that the £90 million bid will be refused before it's even arrived. Assume it's to get Chelsea to raise it before even submitting it. Pretty sure all parties want to get it done now.

Also, do we know if Moises was told to stay away today, or is it possible he didn't turn up to push things?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

IMG_0429.jpeg

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
If Chelsea finally bid the right amount now they are sorted for the season and we are struggling to find a replacement. Think we should just stay firm.
Or we can pretend there's a deal to be done, draw it out and then say 'no' at 11.59pm on Friday 1st September.

If we don't need to sell Caicedo, don't want to sell Caicedo, and don't need the money, why would we sell to a rival title contender?

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Has it, though? Yes, we turned 70m down in January, but a lot of clubs don't like doing business in January, and with Arsenal looking going for Rice and seemingly not coming back in for Caicedo, Liverpool seemingly not prepared to spend big and Utd and City not declaring a strong interest, Brighton might have looked at a 70m bid from Chelsea as the only chance of getting such a fee. Caicedo (or his agents) had made a noise to leave in January, so there was a clear desire for him to go, the De Zerbi had noted an expectation that he would go after the final match of the season. It's not so insultingly low an offer in that context.

As others have noted, Brighton don't put a price tag on their players. We listen to a bid and say yay or nay. No club should be go in with over the top bids for players when they could possibly get them for significantly lower. So it's in Chelsea's interest to gradually increase the bid. 70m turned away instantly was apparently followed by an 80m bid. That's a significant increase, it's not like 70m was laughed off and they came back with a 70.1m bid.

Put the transfer rumour circus to one side (as one would suspect Barber et al and Boehly et al are doing, which includes putting aside the 100m "price tag") and it's playing out in a fairly standard manner.
What i will say, is after the last home game RDZ put his arms around Alexis in front of the north stand so that he got all the attention due to the fact RDZknew that it was Ali Mac last game for us. This was not the case for Caicedo,

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've tried reading the last few pages in my beer haze. Has he gone?

Incredible that there’s a 50 50 chance he’ll stay. We’ll be fricking awesome if he does, top 4 possible I reckon. Of course we’ve got this one Chelsea offer to come so not getting my hopes up. Obviously it’s important for our negotiating position that no one knows if we are merely holding out for a bit of extra cash or genuinely want to drive the Blues away

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Caicedo was a notable absentee from the PL Media Access day today, where all players get shot in full kit by a photographer ahead of the new season.

Could be an indication that a deal is close and the club don’t expect him to be around for much longer.
Was he at Chelsea’s? That would be significant 😉

Hard to think of a valid reason for that though. Will be interesting to see if he’s involved on Sunday.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How do you know this?

If Moises isn’t in the squad on Sunday then it’s good night viena me thinks.
Dunk was dropped for league games in a similar situation, stayed and is still here.

The only thing that matters is someone making an offer that’s acceptable to us. £90 mill won’t cut it. Anyone who followed the Rice transfer should understand how this all works.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Am I right in thinking nobody actually knows our valuation of Caicedo, do they?

I've obviously seen £100 million bandied about, but as far as I know, the exact figure has not come from the club. It came from the Telegraph.

Interested clubs will not know our valuation because it has not been published.

Something that has not been mentioned, is that every time a club puts in a lower offer that is rejected, it might unsettle the player or players who currently hold that position in the buying club. By not disclosing the price he would accept, Bloom may encourage a bidding war.

There's a lot to be said for his negotiating strategy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here