Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Storer scored - where were you?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
seems like there was only Albion Edd, me, my son, my mum and my dad plus a few mates in the South Stand that day! yet it was packed.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
For only the second time in 15 years I sat in the West Stand, at the southern end. I desparately wanted to be in the North Stand, o on the East terrace, where it all started for me, but being 9 months pregnant I thought I'd play safe & sit down.

Reading this thread has made me go & read my copy of More Than 90 Minutes, which always brings a lump to my throat. Mr Prescott, we need Falmer so that we can finally put aside the bad times & look forward at last.

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
Grizz said:
In the top right hand corner of the North Stand as you look at it from the pitch. We got there early so we could stand in the places that we had done for years and i must admit it was a roller coaster, but i always had faith that we'd score. When the "1-0 to the Orient" chant went up i just knew we'd do it.

When the corner came over and the goalie saved the first header, then the second hit the bar everyone was jumping up and down hands on heads and thinking christ just bloody well get in the goal! Then Storer pops up and it went mental.

Blimey, getting tingles up my spine just typing about it.

I was standing next to him!

Jason Speaks

Feb 4, 2004
Portslade
I was in the East Stand even though I had a season ticket for the North and the club announcing that they wouldn't sell season ticket places until the following day by the time I got to the front of the queue, "sorry only east terrace left."

The tannoy in the east didn't work and when the girl played the trumpet at the start we carried on singing until we were booed by the North.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
How did this thread get woken up after 5 and a half months?

Couldn't get in the North Stand so had to settle for East Stand, Southern end by the gate. Did mean we had a great view of the goal.

I hate those three c**ts more as each day passes.

:angry: :censored:

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Front row of the south stand in the west corner. Me and my mate are immortalised in history as you can see us in the pictures as Storer went charging towards the west stand :clap2:

We also ended up in load of papers as well as the person who played the last post stood in front of us.

Remember thinking at the time how symbolic the rain was, and how weird that it didn't stop raining until the end.

Oh the memories

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
West Terrace South, directly in line with the goal posts. I think my reactions were something like:

Get it in (ball floats into area)
Get on it! (Morris heads it)
YYYAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!NOOOOOO!!! (Ball hits bar and rebounds)
Oh go on! (Storer latches on to ball)YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! (Storer fires ball into net)

Very nearly had a marvellous comedy moment when I nearly fell flat on my face after shinning over the wall and onto the pitch. Got a piece of turf that still grows in the garden to this day. Saw the blokes carrying the clock up Old Shoreham Road after the game. Weirdly me and my Dad ended up going for a drink in the Sportsman after the game. If you'd told me that 2 years later we'd be playing at the stadium behind it i'd have thought you were mental.
There was plenty of room on the West Terrace (as there had been for the Wigan game) the whole ticket farce really summed up how things were run back then.
I remember that it was raining at the end of the game but I didn't feel it all. Just didn't seem to have any effect. You only get that feeling when you've broken up with something or somebody you love very much.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
I was in the South Stand with my leg in plaster (hence not my usual North Stand spot). I jumped out of my seat, waved my crutches in the air and sat back down with a shooting pain from toe to groin and a smile a mile wide.

"IT'S ALL GOOD STUFF DEAR"

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
North Stand, about two-thirds of the way up and a bit to the left of the goal, as usual. Agree with Bwian about those three c*nts, and was interested to read Paul Samrah in the Arsegas saying he held Stanley most responsible.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I was on a camping holiday (please dont make the obvious jokes) with my family, and the family of 'riskit'...all gatherd around the radio...turned up to highest volume.

When he scored we all jumped on each other scream shouting crying...People thought we had been relegated!

:lolol:

arrrr the memories.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I was just behind the goal thinking that will be disallowed because Maskell had pulled the defender out of the way. He did, it wasn't.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
North stand, west side

22915-3.jpg

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Biscuit said:
I was on a camping holiday (please dont make the obvious jokes) with my family, and the family of 'riskit'...all gatherd around the radio...turned up to highest volume.

When he scored we all jumped on each other scream shouting crying...People thought we had been relegated!

:lolol:

arrrr the memories.

That was the Hereford game - Clown! :jester:

West terrace north.

Can't remember if I actually saw the ball go in. A lot of people in front oof me and the wrong end of the pitch.

No of course i saw the bloody thing go in!!!!!!!!!

STTTTTTTTOOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are staying up
said we are staying up.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I was working in Germany and didn't know the score until approx 7pm.Celebrated with a few bottles of Bitburger:drink:
Had to wait until I came home in July to see the goal on video

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here