Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Storer scored - where were you?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
At Sandown Park racecourse working for a bunch of in-bred toffs at the (then) Whitbread Gold Cup. Having had to sell my Goldstone ticket. Bastards. Forgive and forget? You must be joking.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Was drinking with some Doncaster fans before the game, and explained that me and my mate didn't have tickets, two of the fans offered us their tickets, saying it was 'our day'. They actually gave us the tickets for nothing!! :clap2:
The two Donny fans decided to sample the atmosphere outside the ground, so we all headed to the ground.
Near the west stand, there were a couple, in their 40's, and the women was crying because she couln't get in as they had no tickets.
So we gave them the 2 tickets the Donny lads gave us. They were so happy.
Me and my mate then went outside the north stand where everybody else was without tickets, and bumped into the Donny lads again, who had a box of Carling, we stayed outside with everybody else until OB allowed us all in with 5 mins remaining.
Had great night out with the Donny lads, a day never to be forgotton.

RIP The Goldstone

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
East terrace, down by the goal. Like others on here, i was there for the first, last and only time. I guess my spot on the North Stand just behind the goal and up to the right was otherwise occupied that day.

I just remember being totally dumbstruck for pretty much the whole match- it was just too huge. Relegation staring us in the face, the clock ticking down on the Goldstone that i loved.

The only time i think i said a word was when Storer belted it in. Suffice to say i went absolutely mental :clap2: :p

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Wookiee said:
Was drinking with some Doncaster fans before the game, and explained that me and my mate didn't have tickets, two of the fans offered us their tickets, saying it was 'our day'. They actually gave us the tickets for nothing!! :clap2:
The two Donny fans decided to sample the atmosphere outside the ground, so we all headed to the ground.
Near the west stand, there were a couple, in their 40's, and the women was crying because she couln't get in as they had no tickets.
So we gave them the 2 tickets the Donny lads gave us. They were so happy.
Me and my mate then went outside the north stand where everybody else was without tickets, and bumped into the Donny lads again, who had a box of Carling, we stayed outside with everybody else until OB allowed us all in with 5 mins remaining.
Had great night out with the Donny lads, a day never to be forgotton.

RIP The Goldstone

That is a great story. Premier League? No thanks. Unless we get there, of course....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here