Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Storer scored - where were you?

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
graz126 said:
i was behind said goal.

Ditto...I was second row from the front slightly to the right of the goal. On the video of the goal, I am in a blue sweatshirt and you can see me jumping up towards the pitch with both arms up in the air! Something to proudly show the kids when they are old enough!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I lived in the Midlands and when tickets went on sale I tried all day to get through but failed.

However, a friend at work came from Yorkshire and had a friend of a friend who was a Doncaster season ticket holder. He arranged to get tickets for me and two friends in with the Donny fans in the South Stand. The tickets finally arrived on the morning of the game!

Worth all the effort though - despite having to contain myself when the goal went in!

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
I was somewhere in East Anglia at my oldest daughter's wedding. I didn't have a mobile phone and couldn't get to a radio. I made a call from a public phone box at around 6 o'clock and cried buckets when I heard the result. I was glad I'd already bought my ticket for Hereford.

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
I was in the east stand south corner right at the front.I got crushed but I have to admit that it was the best rib crushing experience of my life.I will never forget it till the day I die.:rolleyes:

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
In Taunton listening to the game on the telephone. Did the same for Hereford.

I got kicked out of a couple of clubs over those two weekends.

Bloody egg chasing counties they had no idea!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That day, I was in the SW terracing, right in line of where Storer came sliding over. It was absolute pandamonium.

West Stand, south end, courtesy of my mate who worked for the sponsors and took pity on me when I didn't have a ticket. Got a great view of the goal and briefly got introduced to the great man in the sponsors lounge afterwards.
:clap:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
In the park opposite the North Stand.

Buckingham

Feb 23, 2004
Brighton
Fantasic memories, I was in the South West Terrace, about 30 yards from the by-line at the southern end, wonderful moments as Storer came over to celebrate in front of us.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I've found some photos that I took on that eventful/sad day inside the ground that I would like to put up here. However I don't have a scooby doo how to do it, or the technology!!

There is an internet cafe near the clock tower on West Street, do you think that they'd have the ability to do it there, if I ask them nicely?!!

D

Deleted User X18H

I was on the East Terrace for the first last and ........... only time.

D

Deleted User X18H

Albion Rob said:
Was on the East Terrace.

Had bunked off school to get the ticket, my mate's mum had tried the day before but been unsuccessful.

Was ordered to stat behind for an hour when the reason for my disappearance was discovered. Teacher leading thedetention show was Albion through and through. Ruffled my hair before telling me to piss off home and not get bloody caught next time. Good bloke.

Was a rubbish day really wasn't it? Couldn't say goodbye properly because of all the fear of relegation.

Anyone else on the East remember being on the running track about five mins before the end, then on the touchline for the last minute. If Donny had made a counter attack it would have been easy to trip them up!
What school didi you go to.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
East terrace south - couldn't get a north stand ticket. At the end of the game and after the mass pitch invasion, I went and sat in the North on my own and said goodbye.:cry:

I've still got the Nationwide League extra programme on video of both that game and the Hereford game. Watching them still makes my spine tingle to this day.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
I was in the east terrace,

I had £2 that day on storer to score the first goal £14 in the bag, c,mon!!!

later that night i was down the Paradox and Storer and a few other brighton players were in there i went up to storer to congratulate him and offer him a drink ,he declined, i showed him my winning betting ticket, for all of £14!!!!

what a day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here