Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Storer scored - where were you?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Gwylan said:
On the East terrace towards the South stand. Great view of the goal.

Me too-right by the gate used to get on the pitch/running track.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
In the North Stand, with Superwife, I find it hard to really remember it because it was such a desparatly depressing day.

I had hated Archer, Stanley & Bellotti so much that on that day I just stood there and couldn't believe what they had done to my club.

I got a bit of turf and planted it in my garden, kept it nicely until the day the Albion moved back to Brighton, then I let it spread out and be integrated into the rest of the lawn, it will always be there now.

And I ask you all now to join in

Build a bonfire.....

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I was in the North Stand that day.......just!

Managed to buy a ticket off a mate of a mate with about half an hour till kick-off.

Holding that ticket in the pub before the game was amazing.
Similar emotions to that felt by the lad in Charlie and the Chocolate factory when he found the golden ticket.

I shall never forget that day.......Unbelievable scenes

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
West stand cause couldnt get a ticket for the North - Storer celbrated right in front of me!! we went wild, i cried - left with 2 seats, nearly an acre of pitch and a number plate from the garage at the back with BHA on it.

Fantastic day (in a way) but very very sad at the same time - i couldnt leave the ground - just sat there after and watched our history being torn apart. :nono:

BTW - the clock is apparently in a pub in Bexhill???? :(

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
In the North Stand.

Got my ticket the evening before for £60.00. Worth every penny.

I know that I hated Archer and Belotti for what they had done. I was so worried about going down and was so angry the club had been allowed to fall so far, and yet, it was one of my most emotional moments following the Albion. More emotional than the 1983 FA Cup run, more emotional than the two championships.

The team was truly awful, and yet somehow I was as proud of them as I was of the championship winning teams. By the end I really felt that the team pulling on the jersey believed in BHA and were part of the club. Storer epitomised that.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I was a lowley student (parasite on society) in those days.
I had a Saturday job at Boots, I had to work on that day and couldnt get out of it. Took my lunch at 3 and went and sat in my car to listen to the last post being played - very sad day.
I was back in the shop when I found out Storer had scored and proceded to run up and down behind the counter shouting Storerrrrrr to the amazement of some of the old fogey customers.

I always remember riding my push bike home from work that evening feeling fantastic and punching the air. I knew we had a chance of staying up...come on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Great Cornholio said:

And me. I couldn't get a North Stand ticket but the atmosphere in the East on that day was probably as good as I could ever remember it being in the North. Well I say good, I mean tense...

The goal celebrations were good though.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Up in the west stand, doing my nut.

Remember being struck by the fact that there were some empty seats around us while big crowds of people milled around outside, unable to get in. That said a lot to me about the Belotti /Archer regime of crooks: they weren't actually even particularly good crooks.

Please, in the glorious days following the hopefully-imminent painful death of either of either Archer or Belloti, be sure join me in a big ceremonal Albion-themed piss on their graves.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
In the South West terracing, right at the front in line with the 6 yard line with my 14 yo daughter. When the ball went in, everybody was :clap2: :clap2: :bounce: :bounce: . Storer came sliding straight over towards where we were. I must admit, shed a few tears that day, but managed to pass them off as raindrops.
Still got all the news clips on video about it. We were on the national ITV news.

Trotster, we must have been in the same area. Why didn't you give me a wave?:glare:

Last edited:

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
In the top right hand corner of the North Stand as you look at it from the pitch. We got there early so we could stand in the places that we had done for years and i must admit it was a roller coaster, but i always had faith that we'd score. When the "1-0 to the Orient" chant went up i just knew we'd do it.

When the corner came over and the goalie saved the first header, then the second hit the bar everyone was jumping up and down hands on heads and thinking christ just bloody well get in the goal! Then Storer pops up and it went mental.

Blimey, getting tingles up my spine just typing about it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Does anyone remember the bloke who took all his clothes off and danced on the East terrace.

It's not someone on here is it?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Where I was every home game, North Stand, on the left hand side of the middle section, halfway up!!

One of the things I noticed about that game and in fact a couple of games precedding that one (Wigan, Northampton on a midweek) was that the club made the game all ticket but no way was the North Stand full.....if you went regularly you knew what was full and what wasn't and they could have easily have got more people in the North Stand without there being a safety issue

God, I miss the place!!

Too late to get tickets for the North Stand, so East Terrace, about six rows from the front. A good part of the ground to hear the North Stand singing - particularly the crescendo of "One-nil to the Orient". Ten minutes later, when it was "Two-nil to the Orient" (thank you Martin Ling!) I knew that survival might just be possible.

A good view of Storer's goal and just enough space to go mental in celebration with the rest of the Bracknell posse. All except my oldest son, who'd never been a great follower of the Albion. At the end of the game, however, he turned up on the pitch, having watched most of the game from the roof of one of the warehouses in Newtown Road. He then proceeded to use the climbing experience he'd gained as a Newbury by-pass protestor to shin up the floodlight tower at the south west corner of the ground and dismantle removable souvenirs, which he promptly gave away to people watching below. I remember a very concerned policewoman being more worried about his safety than I was.

There's a photo of some very wet Bracknells at the end of the game in the Argus Sunday 'Goodbye Goldstone' Special Edition.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
back of the south east terrace as we couldnt get tix in the north.

quite a 'weird' story actually. i was still at school, and my brother at college so couldnt get out in the day to get tix. we knew it'd be very popular but didnt quite realise we'd miss out on tickets completely if we didnt get them that day. phoned my dad and told him to leave work early to get some....

on the way home from school, we stopped at the ticket office and snapped up 3 of the last south east tix (me, dad and bro). being before the mobile phone era, we couldnt ring my dad and tell him and seeing as though the ticket office was about to close, we thought he wouldnt be able to get any anyway.

when he gets home he tells us how he got there after it had closed and the one and only mr bellotti (scum) had reopened the office for him and sold him the last 3 tickets in the south stand (not all together as it was just about sold out) and for some unknown reason was as nice as pie and told him to enjoy the game!! :censored: unbelievable!!!

maybe he was in a good mood as we were nearly out of business.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
I was in the North West terrace with Dwayney, so annoying because had been in the North Stand for the last 3 years but everyone wanted to get to that game so we were forced to go in North West, absolutely amazing when Storer scored, one of the best moments of following the stripes ever!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here