Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Storer scored - where were you?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Where I was every home game, North Stand, on the left hand side of the middle section, halfway up!!

One of the things I noticed about that game and in fact a couple of games precedding that one (Wigan, Northampton on a midweek) was that the club made the game all ticket but no way was the North Stand full.....if you went regularly you knew what was full and what wasn't and they could have easily have got more people in the North Stand without there being a safety issue

God, I miss the place!!

i was always thought that too!! did annoy me a bit but i guess the capacity is for everyone to be spread out and not rammed intot the middle... ???

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Gwylan said:
Does anyone remember the bloke who took all his clothes off and danced on the East terrace.

It's not someone on here is it?

yes, i remember that - didnt see much though - if you get my drift......:D

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
On the South West terrace, as near to the dugouts as we could get after Belotti & co put an extra fence in to stop us using the tunnel to get up into the West Stand.

While this thread is great it (1) makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck just thinking about it and (2) I am getting very little work done.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
I was in me usual seat, south stand, 10 rows back just to the left of the goal (left if inside south stand, right if you were looking at if from outside.).

I had just returned to my seat from crouching by the wall on the edge of the pitch for 30 mins or so trying to get a picture of us shooting at goal, commenting to the person sat next to me. I got the feeling if I stayed there we would never score. Then as my arse plonked on the seat we went and bloody scored!

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In the North, we had heard that Orient were 1-0 up at the time and when it ping-ponged around the penalty area following the corner the whole stand held it's breath before going mental.

Best thing that had happened before that was Ian Baird getting send off with Darren Moore, who looked very tasty for a third division player

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
In the north stand looking up from the pitch at back just to the right by trhe middle entrance where i stood for years:clap2: :clap2:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
When Moore was sent off a couple of bananas were thrown in his direction from the West Stand (terracing not seats)

Did this person throw away his lunch or did he/she bring a banana on the off chance that the man mountain that is D Moore would have a scrap in front of him/her and get sent off??

El Presidente said:
Best thing that had happened before that was Ian Baird getting send off with Darren Moore, who looked very tasty for a third division player

Cracking scrap, some quality punches were thrown. Shame about the bananas coming on the pitch though. :(

You remembered as well, Ninja.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
beeneys could have sworn we were in the east stand (or I definitely was!!!) mummy,daddy and the whole dwayne family were there.

I'm sorry but anyone who wasn't there that day (either in or out of the ground) CANNOT call themselves a true supporter (unless they hadn't started supporting them)

Rambo - a part time job at boots - how ashamed should u be
Tinx - couldnt be bothered??

disgarceful scenes:angry:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was on the West Terrace, about 10 feet away from the wanker who threw bananas at Darren Moore.

Great day apart from that.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
well and the 1000 outside the ground!!!

classifying a true supporter is subjective, but I believe that if you weren't at the goldstone for an unbelievable good reason that day u cant call yourself a true fan.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
north stand:clap2:

Albion Rob

Was on the East Terrace.

Had bunked off school to get the ticket, my mate's mum had tried the day before but been unsuccessful.

Was ordered to stat behind for an hour when the reason for my disappearance was discovered. Teacher leading thedetention show was Albion through and through. Ruffled my hair before telling me to piss off home and not get bloody caught next time. Good bloke.

Was a rubbish day really wasn't it? Couldn't say goodbye properly because of all the fear of relegation.

Anyone else on the East remember being on the running track about five mins before the end, then on the touchline for the last minute. If Donny had made a counter attack it would have been easy to trip them up!

Pablo said:
In the East stand normally used for the away fans. The surge when Storer knocked it in was superb!

Same here. After two days of trying to get through on the phone from work, I managed to get a ticket. Couldn't get a ticket for the North stand. Was fitting in a way though, as the first game I ever saw as a ten year old was in that part of the East terrace.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I was in the North West Terrace, had a great view of Ian Baird and Darren Moore coming together that got them both sent off, but not such a good view of the goal as it was rather squashed up near the front. A mate paid £40 for a £5 childrens ticket in the Doncaster end and managed to persuade a copper to transfer him into the South East corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here