Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Storer scored - where were you?

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
I assume I was listening in on the world service via Paddy whatsisname. Either that or I was a sleep. Can't honestly remember. It's tough listening to a crackly old radio at 4:30 on a Sunday morning - you don't quite get the same atmosphere.

So shoot me. :shootself

I do remember being wide awake for the Hereford game though.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Dwayne - I know quite a few people who had supported the Albion for years but didn't even try to get tickets for the last game because they saw it as a sad occasion. My dad was a season ticket holder for about 20 years but didn't renew for the last season because of the way the club was being run. He wanted to remember the Goldstone as it was when packed with 35000, not run-down and about to be demolished. After the game I went up into the West Stand and took the back of his old seat - he welled up when I gave it to him, yet because he decided not to go to the last game he does not count as a true supporter? Sorry mate, that logic passes me by

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
two friends of mine who came along to the barnet game before the donny one came down with me for the last one to see if we could sneak in. they enjoyed the barnet game and thought why not. to my knowledge they have never seen the albion since and don't support them. however, according to dwayne they are real albion fans, not like your gloryhunting dad spiros???

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
dwayne said:
well and the 1000 outside the ground!!!

classifying a true supporter is subjective, but I believe that if you weren't at the goldstone for an unbelievable good reason that day u cant call yourself a true fan.

I was told I would be fired if I went that day as we were short staffed, even taking a sicky would not have worked.

I have supported the Albion all my life and go to many games, does that make me less of a fan? But then this arguement has been done before hasnt it?

I dont think we need go there.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Rambo said:
I was told I would be fired if I went that day as we were short staffed, even taking a sicky would not have worked.

I have supported the Albion all my life and go to many games, does that make me less of a fan? But then this arguement has been done before hasnt it?

I dont think we need go there.

...it was a job at boots for gods sake...u can go down the high street and get a million similar jobs, there was only ever gonna be 1 last game at the goldstone.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
dwayne said:
beeneys could have sworn we were in the east stand (or I definitely was!!!) mummy,daddy and the whole dwayne family were there.

I'm sorry but anyone who wasn't there that day (either in or out of the ground) CANNOT call themselves a true supporter (unless they hadn't started supporting them)

Rambo - a part time job at boots - how ashamed should u be
Tinx - couldnt be bothered??

disgarceful scenes:angry:

Sorry it was the East stand, where the away fans used to go, got a bit mixed up there, i remember u had a radio and there was this really annoying bloke who kept asking the Orient score every f***ing second!!

superwife

Aug 13, 2003
With Superphil
In the North stand with Superphil half way back behind the goal, got there really early that day to make sure we could stand in our preferred place, what a goal, what a day.

dwayne said:

I'm sorry but anyone who wasn't there that day (either in or out of the ground) CANNOT call themselves a true supporter (unless they hadn't started supporting them)

Rambo - a part time job at boots - how ashamed should u be
Tinx - couldnt be bothered??

disgarceful scenes:angry:

I was on the other side of the world, where I'd been for the previous year. I was listening on the world service and desperately trying to get updates via the internet. I couldn't afford to get a flight back, although I did try.

Does that mean I'm not a TRUE supporter.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
South east terrace and on the pitch when the goal went in.i was so pissed.a steward grabbed me and i just started dancing with him.I wouldnt of given a toss about getting knicked that day.

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
in the north stand half way up behind the goal but don't ask where i ended up the roof came off,quality.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
I was on the other side of the world, where I'd been for the previous year. I was listening on the world service and desperately trying to get updates via the internet. I couldn't afford to get a flight back, although I did try.

Does that mean I'm not a TRUE supporter.

That's one of the shittest excuses I've ever heard - Hang your head in shame & go and support Palace scum as pennance!

I could only get tickets for the East - after spending the previous 12 years in the North........:( :(

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Just off centre, right at the very back of the North Stand. Wife (or girlfriend as she was then) was sharing sweets with a copper, was one side of me with Wozze the otherside !!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
i was at my nan's and grandad's house listen to in on the radio and i also remeber seeing the camara's at the goldstone where fans were on the pitch ripping the ground up on final score on grandstand

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here