Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats your Reception for Murray when he returns???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think it might have been TLO who said we should just:-

POINT AND LAUGH.

That would really be unnerving.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Probably indifference. Maybe short burst of polite applause, depending on how I'm feeling on the night.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
The Cumbrian Glenn Murray, having done a fantastic job at Brighton & Hove Albion – most successful and talented goalscorer since Zamora, committed team player and superb in defence - comes to the end of his contract.

He is offered a similar position with a club - equally hundreds of miles from his home area - that will pay him far higher wages. Would any of his NSC critics turn down a major pay rise offered by another local company in similar circumstances?

Oh, sorry. This footballing demigod is not perfect, after all. He once failed to return the end of match clapping by his then adoring admirers at an away game two seasons ago. Naughty Glenn.

WeAreTheAlbion

Aug 19, 2010
Northstand - AMEX Stadium
I hope Gordon gives him a massive Scottish headbut to the nose dirty pikey.
cannot wait for giving that judas the reception he deserves...
Wanker!
BOOOOOOO!

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
after reading this thread, i actually hope he scores against us...a consolation goal in a heavy defeat, of course. some of the comments on here are pathetic and i hope (for your sakes) that they were made by people under the age of 15. to be honest, i don't really want him to score against us but the consternation it would cause some on here might just make it worth it....

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
I think most people inside respect what he did for us last season. I think he would have had offers from loads of clubs. So instead of booing him, why not just break out into hysterical laughter when he gets the ball just to show him he made the wrong decision?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Boo the rest of the Palace players when they are announced before the game but 20,000 people in silence when his name is announced would be epic. The abuse he gets when he touches the ball is going to be nice though. Only bad thing is he is bound to score, will he celebrate?

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
after reading this thread, i actually hope he scores against us...a consolation goal in a heavy defeat, of course. some of the comments on here are pathetic and i hope (for your sakes) that they were made by people under the age of 15. to be honest, i don't really want him to score against us but the consternation it would cause some on here might just make it worth it....

You are right, Mr Bumlick. I just cant understand this anti-Murray hysteria. The guy scored 22 goals for us last season for god's sake. He was fantastic. Yes he moved to Palace - so what? It happens. He should get a standing ovation.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The Cumbrian Glenn Murray, having done a fantastic job at Brighton & Hove Albion – most successful and talented goalscorer since Zamora, committed team player and superb in defence - comes to the end of his contract.

He is offered a similar position with a club - equally hundreds of miles from his home area - that will pay him far higher wages. Would any of his NSC critics turn down a major pay rise offered by another local company in similar circumstances?

Oh, sorry. This footballing demigod is not perfect, after all. He once failed to return the end of match clapping by his then adoring admirers at an away game two seasons ago. Naughty Glenn.

Whilst I will be maintaing a steely silence/indifference, that's a ridiculous post IMHO.
He did F all for two years and then put in a good showing in the run-up to new contract negotiations.
Couldn't give a monkeys about him.

That said, I think some of this vitriol is a tad OTT! Seriously, just laugh at the idiot.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
There is a lot of Boooing on this thread, I do hope on the day people remember the hissing.

Billy Whizzkid

Aug 24, 2011
I've never understood the booing of ex players to be honest and certainly not those who actually did a decent job for us. A man is free to play where he wants, assuming he is out of contract, in the same way that any of us (and I suspect that's the majority on this board) are free to hand in our notice and move on to another place of work. I also think the general consensus was that Murray was never going to be first choice this season following the new arrivals so why wouldn't he want to go???

It would be interesting to see what the age split is between those who would boo him and those who wouldn't. I expect the majority in the former court are under 20 as it's a pretty immature view to hold.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
I've never understood the booing of ex players to be honest and certainly not those who actually did a decent job for us. A man is free to play where he wants, assuming he is out of contract, in the same way that any of us (and I suspect that's the majority on this board) are free to hand in our notice and move on to another place of work. I also think the general consensus was that Murray was never going to be first choice this season following the new arrivals so why wouldn't he want to go???

It would be interesting to see what the age split is between those who would boo him and those who wouldn't. I expect the majority in the former court are under 20 as it's a pretty immature view to hold.

its a game of passion.

i know there will be plenty of silver tops giving him shit.

i hope he breaks his femur.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
21lrfjd.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here