Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the difference between Brighton and Pace so far...

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
The arrogance after just 5 games is remarkable. Lets see where you are after 15-20 games.

Goaded into arrogance maybe - after listening to Palace shite for several years about how tough the Championship is and that the Albion will never be able to survive in it - hey presto we arrive and we are top of the league and playing brilliant footie. Christ you must be crap to have struggled for all those years.

The quality I have witnessed so far only confirms that their is little or no difference between the top six of League 1 and the majority of the Championship sides. Us, Southampton & Peterboro all seem comfortable at this level.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There's loads of newbies on the BBS so don't try to make that out. Most of us (myself included) have come on here to try and shut you lot up from giving it the biggun, you really think you're the best thing since sliced bread all of a sudden. It's a good start, nothing more. I think your be found out soon enough and even if you keep winning it's just gonna make a Prem team come in for Gus sooner rather than later. Lose, lose.
If we keep winning we will be a Prem team:wave:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There's loads of newbies on the BBS so don't try to make that out. Most of us (myself included) have come on here to try and shut you lot up from giving it the biggun, you really think you're the best thing since sliced bread all of a sudden. It's a good start, nothing more. I think your be found out soon enough and even if you keep winning it's just gonna make a Prem team come in for Gus sooner rather than later. Lose, lose.

Nope nothing to do with this seasons results - we've got a stadium and a future. It just so happens we're champions and are good on the pitch currently. Oh and the best manager outside the prem. Oh and the best striker too...

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Goaded into arrogance maybe - after listening to Palace shite for several years about how tough the Championship is and that the Albion will never be able to survive in it - hey presto we arrive and we are top of the league and playing brilliant footie. Christ you must be crap to have struggled for all those years.

The quality I have witnessed so far only confirms that their is little or no difference between the top six of League 1 and the majority of the Championship sides. Us, Southampton & Peterboro all seem comfortable at this level.

It's still early days though. Hull, Burnley and Blackpool in recent years started out very well in the Prem then got found out and went down. I personally never thought you would be in relegation trouble but i also didn't expect you to be at the top.

what are you on about? You've posted loads since the start of the season.

Oh,I forgot, it's the Palace way isn't it? To conveniently forget those tricky sums, just like when your sorry club had to NOT pay the taxman, St. John's etc :)

edit for accuracy.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Nope nothing to do with this seasons results - we've got a stadium and a future. It just so happens we're champions and are good on the pitch currently. Oh and the best manager outside the prem. Oh and the best striker too...

We have a bright future as well so nothing to be jealous about. New stadium in pipeline, great academy, a board that care about the club, fans united, club legend in charge, a hard working team of talented players that finally is playing to it's potential. Being a Palace fan now is fantastic :thumbsup:

And CMS best striker outside the Prem? Do me a favour...

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It's still early days though. Hull, Burnley and Blackpool in recent years started out very well in the Prem then got found out and went down. I personally never thought you would be in relegation trouble but i also didn't expect you to be at the top.

Yeah, we're not playing in the Prem though, are we?
(not yet anyway)
:lolol:

After four games, not a lot.

Yo threw away a two goal lead at home against a relegated club, we threw a one goal away advantage against a promoted club.

Who on Saturday in the next home game, scored 7...without their star player, sold to you.

Your top scorer of last season can't even get on the bench at Selhurst.

All in all I'd say it's honours even so far.

GoBarbra.com | Make Your own customized Barbra Streisand song!

Not only that, but GoBarbra.com | Make Your own customized Barbra Streisand song!

We have a bright future as well so nothing to be jealous about. New stadium in pipeline, great academy, a board that care about the club, fans united, club legend in charge, a hard working team of talented players that finally is playing to it's potential. Being a Palace fan now is fantastic :thumbsup:

I predict CMS will massacre your defense, and make our team proud to humiliate a load of 'fantastic' pikeys. :wrong:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Your amazing board never wanted the palace gig, they are fans who stepped in because there was no one else. As far as I can see, everything they have done so far has been 'on the cheap'. This lot have saved your club, but I sense a reticence from them to spend any real money. The new ground isn't in the pipeline, more a pipe dream I'm afraid to say. With CPFC2010 in charge you'll never get to the next level.

Open your eyes palace fans.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Your amazing board never wanted the palace gig, they are fans who stepped in because there was no one else. As far as I can see, everything they have done so far has been 'on the cheap'. This lot have saved your club, but I sense a reticence from them to spend any real money. The new ground isn't in the pipeline, more a pipe dream I'm afraid to say. With CPFC2010 in charge you'll never get to the next level.

Open your eyes palace fans.

From what i've read the new stadium is a reality. And of course we can get to the next level. It may take 3 or 4 years but were more than happy with that, Dougie is looking to build a team that progresses each season and if he gets it right we can easily be challenging in a couple of years. He's buying players that buy into that way and prove that they want to be here and play for us. Our board have still provided funds for him and the new signings so far have been fantastic (Murray was outstanding today by the way) Our budget is the same as Swansea's was last year and they did pretty well if i recall. Just cause you spent 3 million on one player doesn't mean your be doing that every transfer window.

Cornerpost

Aug 27, 2011
Hove
The biggest difference has been evident for years. The majority of our fans live in nice houses on or near the beautiful south coast. The majority of Palarse fans live in a fetid shithole somewhere up the A23 where their 5 a day consists of 3 chicken legs, 1 portion of chips and a gallon of coke. Their definition of confusion is Fathers day. And women come in two versions, ugly and pig ugly. There is a reason why the trains come into Brighton every weekend full of day trippers. Don`t recall seeing throngs of people heading up to Cwoyden for a day out.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
From what i've read the new stadium is a reality. And of course we can get to the next level. It may take 3 or 4 years but were more than happy with that, Dougie is looking to build a team that progresses each season and if he gets it right we can easily be challenging in a couple of years. He's buying players that buy into that way and prove that they want to be here and play for us. Our board have still provided funds for him and the new signings so far have been fantastic (Murray was outstanding today by the way) Our budget is the same as Swansea's was last year and they did pretty well if i recall. Just cause you spent 3 million on one player doesn't mean your be doing that every transfer window.
Watch this space next week...........

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
must admit i was surprised you got a result from blackpool , you are obviously a better team than we are giving you credit for at this stage.....27 is looming as a collossus of an event.......just hope we can all enjoy the football and not let the occaision get hi-jacked by a few cavemen from both sets of fans ...sure ob will have done their homework for this.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Difference between BHA and palace is that we are top of the league and they are not.

Excellent post - and facts :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here