Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the difference between Brighton and Pace so far...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Come on admit it, you thought Palace would be where Coventry and Doncaster are. The fact is we are right behind you.
I can be quite honest about what I expected for us this season. I thought you'd finish in the bottom half, around 17th/18th, and I thought (hoped) we'd finish just inside the top half, maybe 11th or 12th. Our start has surprised all (bar a few dreamers) of us, and I imagine your start has surprised you guys too. Maybe you'll do better, maybe you'll finish above us, but I'd be happy to bet against it.
And if you f*ck up against Peterboro at home, a side who you deprived of their main striker from last season, I think it will prove you aren't quite as good as you think you are.
You can search through my posts, I never said I thought we were amazing. We could lose against any team in this league, and with Posh's win at the weekend it's not beyond belief that they could beat us (although we are favourites for that game). I'd guess that we'd finish above Peterborough at the end of the season though.
All that being said, a good win over Sunderland last night. Poyet is taking the League Cup more seriously than last year, eh?
Thank you. Yes, Poyet is on record saying the cups were more important to us last year. When he joined us he was told his job was to get us to the Championship in time for the opening of Falmer (that gave him one season to do it). That was all that was important, so the cups were irrelevant, even though we did well in the FA cup. This year his job is primarily to stay up (not too ambitious I know), and begin to establish ourselves as a championship team, before aiming for promotion in the next few seasons. With those lower expectations this year, we can try harder in the cups. That said, Sunderland should have been good enough to beat us last night, but we had a good day.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I can be quite honest about what I expected for us this season. I thought you'd finish in the bottom half, around 17th/18th, and I thought (hoped) we'd finish just inside the top half, maybe 11th or 12th. Our start has surprised all (bar a few dreamers) of us, and I imagine your start has surprised you guys too. Maybe you'll do better, maybe you'll finish above us, but I'd be happy to bet against it.
You can search through my posts, I never said I thought we were amazing. We could lose against any team in this league, and with Posh's win at the weekend it's not beyond belief that they could beat us (although we are favourites for that game). I'd guess that we'd finish above Peterborough at the end of the season though.
Thank you. Yes, Poyet is on record saying the cups were more important to us last year. When he joined us he was told his job was to get us to the Championship in time for the opening of Falmer (that gave him one season to do it). That was all that was important, so the cups were irrelevant, even though we did well in the FA cup. This year his job is primarily to stay up (not too ambitious I know), and begin to establish ourselves as a championship team, before aiming for promotion in the next few seasons. With those lower expectations this year, we can try harder in the cups. That said, Sunderland should have been good enough to beat us last night, but we had a good day.

Fair comment. Sadly, as I think September 27th will prove, a lot of Albion supporters are not capable of that. I just hope the away dug-out has got a sturdy roof.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What a stupid op question..."What's the difference between Brighton and Palace?2 The answer is obvious is'nt it...Brighton smell better!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair comment. Sadly, as I think September 27th will prove, a lot of Albion supporters are not capable of that. I just hope the away dug-out has got a sturdy roof.
I won't be passing fair comment towards your players on the 27th either :) I will, however, be one of the 20 or so fans to applaud GM if he's fit enough to come on.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Danny-Boy Your top scorer of last season can't even get on the bench at Selhurst..[/QUOTE said:
Oh! You mean the one Glenda Murray....the same chap who when he signed for you, you lot creamed your knickers and had orgasms on our board saying how clever of you...now let's see 20 min sub for you...and got injured...well that is unusual...and your posters were saying you had the better bargain than us when we got CMS...GM no goals...CMS 3 goals due to his tremendous work rate....something Murray will never have.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I never wanted us to sign Murray TBH, but it has at least racked up the rivalry which wouldn't have happened if, as so many of you wanted, we had ben relegated.

What about the comment by one of your players reported as a screaming headline back in mAy "Don't leave us Glenn!"

Anyway at least we won't have to loan you Calvin Andrew again; he wouldn't be good enough for you, would he?

Oct 25, 2003
the 27th won't really show who the better team is will it? in fact neither games will......the league positions at the end of the season are the only thing that can show it

when we beat palace 1-0, there is no way on earth that we were the better team over the course of the season

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
the 27th won't really show who the better team is will it? in fact neither games will......the league positions at the end of the season are the only thing that can show it

when we beat palace 1-0, there is no way on earth that we were the better team over the course of the season

Especially as we lost the return 3-2 at Withers in the last min after being 2-1 up.

Thats why I never crow about that 1-0 win. And we finished well below Palace as well.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Probably worth a bounce for a number of reasons:

We are top of the league
We are 5 places ahead
We are 3 points ahead
We didn't f*** up against Peterborough
17090 Vs Blackpool - 14776 Vs Blackpool

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

We are top of the league well done, impressive start
We are 5 places aheadwe are 6th, hardly doing bad are we?
We are 3 points aheadas above
We didn't f*** up against Peterboroughthat game seems a long time ago now. And going to P'boro is not easy, just ask Ipswich
17090 Vs Blackpool - 14776 Vs Blackpooat least there all our fans not a load of Tottenham and Chelsea fans watching you as there second team. Plus i bet there were more away fans at the Amex last week, new ground etc. Your attendences appear to be falling already, not a good sign...

Last edited:

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India

We are top of the league well done, impressive start
We are 5 places aheadwe are 6th, hardly doing bad are we?
We are 3 points aheadas above
We didn't f*** up against Peterboroughthat game seems a long time ago now. And going to P'boro is not easy, just ask Ipswich
17090 Vs Blackpool - 14776 Vs Blackpooat least there all our fans not a load of Tottemham and Chelsea fans watching you as there second team. Plus i bet there were more away fans at the Amex last week, new ground etc. Your attendences appear to be falling already, not a good sign...

Desperately failing to compete with us on any level, already. I can understand how violated you must feel. Awww

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Can't wait to get a decent away crowd down here - still September should see capacity away attendance from Liverpool & Leeds.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
CMS got a great reception from the Peterborough fans today. If fit, Glenn Murray will get a very hostile reception from us, even though he scored loads for us last season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Especially as we lost the return 3-2 at Withers in the last min after being 2-1 up.

Thats why I never crow about that 1-0 win. And we finished well below Palace as well.

I agree to an extent BUT our 1-0 meant a lot more that their 3-2 in terms of bragging rights - the last 4 meetings we've been massive underdogs and ended up getting relegated on both occasions (if memory serves me right). Therefore 2 defeats 1 AWAY win and 1 draw actually isn't that bad...

On the 27th we'll finally be on fairly even ground...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Not at all! You obviously didn't read my post!

So why are you here? I respect your stones and all, but seriously we're finally getting on top of you. Shouldn't you go back to Croyden Central and decide how you're going to deal with an Albion team that is finally odds on to beat you this year? Good luck with keeping Zaha by the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here