Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the difference between Brighton and Pace so far...

If this isn't an attempt at fishing, and I think it isn't, then I think I have just read one of the thickest statements ever to be posted on NSC.

Well done

:dunce:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
After four games, not a lot.
Well, obviously.

You should read stuff back to yourself before you post it, you might realise what it sounds like when you're desperately trying to convince us you're not that much worse than we are after all.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Obviously 4 games in is way to early to draw conclusions, but I have been pleasantly surprised at how well we did against Cardiff, and how well we played against Blackpool.

I have actually been astounded by Palace's last 3 results - I had them down for just 2 or 3 points at most, so a bit of credit to them I guess.

We must take every game as it comes, but I see nothing to fear in theory against Peterborough and Bristol City, and I've a sneaking feeling we'll get something away at SEVEN's place as well.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Obviously 4 games in is way to early to draw conclusions, but I have been pleasantly surprised at how well we did against Cardiff, and how well we played against Blackpool.

I have actually been astounded by Palace's last 3 results - I had them down for just 2 or 3 points at most, so a bit of credit to them I guess.

We must take every game as it comes, but I see nothing to fear in theory against Peterborough and Bristol City, and I've a sneaking feeling we'll get something away at SEVEN's place as well.

Trying to be serious, let's parallel Freedman's achievements so far against Poyet's.

Freedman like Poyet took a club in serious danger of relegation mid-season and steered them into a respectable finish at the end of last season. Now in his second season he is beginning to show more promise. The big advantage Palace have over Albion is our youth system, which has consistently produced players, sadly most of whom we have had to sell on, with Premiership potenmtial.

Ben Watson, Wayne Routledge, etc etc.

Name me ONE former Albion youth player at the top level, apart from Barry who you only taught to do up his shoelaces before Villa got him.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Trying to be serious, let's parallel Freedman's achievements so far against Poyet's.

Freedman like Poyet took a club in serious danger of relegation mid-season and steered them into a respectable finish at the end of last season. Now in his second season he is beginning to show more promise. The big advantage Palace have over Albion is our youth system, which has consistently produced players, sadly most of whom we have had to sell on, with Premiership potenmti

Name me ONE former Albion youth player at the top level, apart from Barry who you only taught to do up his shoelaces before Villa got him.

Future players...Jake Forster Caskey England youth player and possibly Lewis Dunk...you prats live on past glories...look what happened to the Roman Empire...the moment is now...live with it your days are numbered!

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
13137.jpg

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Yo threw away a two goal lead at home against a relegated club, we threw a one goal away advantage against a promoted club.

Who on Saturday in the next home game, scored 7...without their star player, sold to you.

Your top scorer of last season can't even get on the bench at Selhurst.

All in all I'd say it's honours even so far.

Have a feeling crawley will beat you tonight !

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley

Freedman like Poyet took a club in serious danger of relegation mid-season and steered them into a respectable finish at the end of last season. Now in his second season he is beginning to show more promise. The big advantage Palace have over Albion is our youth system, which has consistently produced players, sadly most of whom we have had to sell on, with Premiership potenmtial.

You are trying to make parelels between Ours clubs yet in the statment above, reading between the lines you are saying your club has no ambition as you sell your youth best players etc, despite having supposed filthy rich owners.
We are building a brand new Acedemy stright after building a new home, we are signing qaulity players and we have ambitions to be in the top flight.
If you judge the clubs on this bases and not on having played four games, I think you will see there is no comparison between us at all!!! We will suceed, you will struggle

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Palace take on their new local rivals , Crawley , at Smellhurst tonight. Will there be a 1st round upset or will Crawley scrape through ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Trying to be serious...
The big advantage Palace have over Albion is our youth system, which has consistently produced players, sadly most of whom we have had to sell on, with Premiership potenmtial.
Is that you trying to be serious? I'll ignore the stupid comment about Barry. As for youth development, it's obvious that is an area that would struggle when you don't even have a proper stadium for your first team, and you are losing money just trying to survive. I would expect our youth development to improve significantly now that we have a home again.

If Palace were above us in the league (with equal games played) you'd be shouting about it. But Brighton are ahead, so instead you say that you have better youth development. You are very sad.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Is that you trying to be serious? I'll ignore the stupid comment about Barry. As for youth development, it's obvious that is an area that would struggle when you don't even have a proper stadium for your first team, and you are losing money just trying to survive. I would expect our youth development to improve significantly now that we have a home again.

If Palace were above us in the league (with equal games played) you'd be shouting about it. But Brighton are ahead, so instead you say that you have better youth development. You are very sad.

Come on admit it, you thought Palace would be where Coventry and Doncaster are. The fact is we are right behind you. And if you f*ck up against Peterboro at home, a side who you deprived of their main striker from last season, I think it will prove you aren't quite as good as you think you are.

All that being said, a good win over Sunderland last night. Poyet is taking the League Cup more seriously than last year, eh?

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

Yo threw away a two goal lead at home against a relegated club, we threw a one goal away advantage against a promoted club.

Who on Saturday in the next home game, scored 7...without their star player, sold to you.

Your top scorer of last season can't even get on the bench at Selhurst.

All in all I'd say it's honours even so far.

Our fans are literate...your fans are not

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Both clubs are exceeding most people's expectations. The difference is that most people can see that Brighton's quality summer signings, talented young manager and fantastic club set up mean we could quite realistically sustain this level of achievement. We're winning plaudits all over the shop for the way we play and the results we've picked up thus far.

Palace are exceeding people's expectations because they were initially so low AND even though they've picked up some good results, they aren't being mentioned in the same breath as Brighton because most people can see that they aren't good enough to keep winning games.

Good luck to Dougie Freedman, who knows perhaps he will become your Poyet. But you are still leagues behind us off the pitch now we've finally unlocked our potential. We are only looking up. Palace are still looking over their shoulders, forever fearing their debts will catch up with them or their ramshackle ground will collapse.

Ask any informed neutrals right now which club is wearing the trousers and I'm certain that at least 9 times out of 10 Brighton will come out on top.

However, if you really want it hammering home, we'll take your team apart when you visit next month

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Both clubs are exceeding most people's expectations. The difference is that most people can see that Brighton's quality summer signings, talented young manager and fantastic club set up mean we could quite realistically sustain this level of achievement. We're winning plaudits all over the shop for the way we play and the results we've picked up thus far.

Palace are exceeding people's expectations because they were initially so low AND even though they've picked up some good results, they aren't being mentioned in the same breath as Brighton because most people can see that they aren't good enough to keep winning games.

Good luck to Dougie Freedman, who knows perhaps he will become your Poyet. But you are still leagues behind us off the pitch now we've finally unlocked our potential. We are only looking up. Palace are still looking over their shoulders, forever fearing their debts will catch up with them or their ramshackle ground will collapse.

Ask any informed neutrals right now which club is wearing the trousers and I'm certain that at least 9 times out of 10 Brighton will come out on top.

However, if you really want it hammering home, we'll take your team apart when you visit next month

Fair comment, at least it's bile-free. Time will tell. Roll on September 27th...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here