Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best thing the UK has ever given to the world?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I can get it in Athens. When its like the British style, which is very rare as they don't like to batter their fish, its advertised as British Style fish and chips.

When they do batter their fish, it is calamari or white bait.

And because some Greek retailers decide to call it "british style" this actually makes it British then? Riiiight.

Face it - its not British. The UK has given the world many, many things but fish and chips wasn't one of them. I think you're getting far too protective of 'home' due to being away.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
And because some Greek retailers decide to call it "british style" this actually makes it British then? Riiiight.

Face it - its not British. The UK has given the world many, many things but fish and chips wasn't one of them. I think you're getting far too protective of 'home' due to being away.

I did not mean retailers. I ment Restaurants or Tavernas, especialy fish Tavernas.

You face it - Tradional British fish and Chips is British. So is a fish and chip shop British? Or is this French?

Maybe I am. Im not that botherd. Im just waiting for the footie to start.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I did not mean retailers. I ment Restaurants or Tavernas, especialy fish Tavernas.

You face it - Tradional British fish and Chips is British. So is a fish and chip shop British? Or is this French?

Maybe I am. Im not that botherd. Im just waiting for the footie to start.

And you can't define 'traditional british fish and chips' other than providing a photo of something I've seen on sale from Bondi to Bratislava...

Such a concept doesn't exist except in the minds of marketers and ex-pats.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the railway.

and Fish AND Chips is f***ing British, alright. the individual components came from foriegn parts but they were first combined in a single dish (and documented as such) in this fair land.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Has anyone suggested fish and chips yet?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sorry to be pedantic but

The British did not invent the internet. It was invented/innovated/created by the US so that devices (predominately computers) could communicate in the event of a nuclear attack by the USSR.

Tim Berners Lee invented/created the world wide web, which is a more user friendly interface so that the general public gain access to information that is available on the internet.

E-mail is also part of the internet but Berners Lee didn't invent that.

For my two pennith, our judicial system.

Best tell Nick Griffin, he thinks the UK invented the internet too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here