Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best thing the UK has ever given to the world?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
er, i think you'll find the reverse is true with australians, constantly whining , "pommie this and pommie that", to be honest i think its just a little bit of the "country cousin" inferiority complex manifesting itself.

I have never been to Australia but I have worked with many here and even worked for an Australian company a few years ago. I only met one I couldn't stand but she was rather sad, used to brag about being a virgin at 27. Mind you if you'd have seen her you could understand why.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
And you're not factoring in how much closer America is to Europe.

Surely you jest about the political landscape?

Considering we use virtually the same political system as the UK i'd say were far more politically stable than the USA is.

Remember the vote rigigng in Florida that saw G W Bush get back into power?

Never happen here.

Look I'm sure Australia is a lovley place to live now, and being proud of your country is very laudable, but the development is nothing extraordinary.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Australia has a vastly superior standard of education than the USA for a start (not hard). They also are far better than us on that score. They are also rather good at most sports and when you consider how many of them there are that too is quite remarkable.

Oh, they're also mainly far more civilised than Americans and don't have the poverty that is so often found in the US (and to a degree, here).

Go ask the aborigenes about poverty

You really are a prize dick.

Just you alone would be reason enough to suggest Australia has in such a short time surpassed England for intelligence alone.

No other nation on the planet has grown as much as we have from absolutely nothing in 200 years.

But don't let facts get in the way of your total ignorance :thumbsup:

You refer to Aboriginal culture as "absolutely nothing". Is that why your forefathers hunted them down for sport?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here