Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the best thing the UK has ever given to the world?

A great writer who was French!

Good man

Half French but a good point well made. I sometimes think that the ones who see the best of Britain/England are those who come from elsewhere such as Bill Bryson and the Archbishop of York.

....What about "Father Ted" or is that stretching the "UK" definition too far!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
The British just carried on the job from what the romans did, taking over the world to make it a better place, well we did do it, sort of...

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Considering what Australians have contributed to in the fields of war, medicine, science, sport etc i'd say they would be the UK's greatest legacy.

If the Japanese hadn't been turned back and defeated during WW2 there wouldn't be any Aboriginals left :thumbsup:

hahaha the uk's biggest legacy is australia. classic. and island full of insecure people with no real identity banging on about how great they are to their big brother on the other side of the world who forgot about them years ago.

its just overspill. Its just a giant crawley with hot weather.

Don Bradman and a couple of VC's do not get you on the top table with the proper countries mate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I fear you've all missed the greatest gift to civilisation from the British. It is, as the Great Boris Johnson so eloquently put, "Wiff-Waff".

upper class buffoons?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here