Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's happened to Adam Webster.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
At which point do the club get involved and ban this individual for a period of games?

The whole ticketing scrutiny, seems over the top compared to this.
Personally, I’d ban Ethan for 10 games, might help him longer term as well

I get constructive criticism, but “just f-off Adam” post apology is OTT.
I appreciate what you’re trying to say, but I don’t think you can ban someone for having an opinion. What next, banning Brexit supporters?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I appreciate what you’re trying to say, but I don’t think you can ban someone for having an opinion. What next, banning Brexit supporters?
If the the Brexit supporters are sending directly abusive messages to people, then yes, I do

Either way, they can moan, fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but the abuse of Webster has been constant.

Webster will play for us again, that's a fact. We should be getting behind him

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I think you’re missing my point 😃, it’s not having an opinion that’s an issue, it’s the “just f-off Adam” and similar that is the issue.
It’s just not necessary, IMO there should be zero tolerance to this type of abuse.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
If the the Brexit supporters are sending directly abusive messages to people, then yes, I do

Either way, they can moan, fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but the abuse of Webster has been constant.

Webster will play for us again, that's a fact. We should be getting behind him
I’m not saying people shouldn’t get behind him. Of course they should, especially at games. But you can’t dictate peoples’ opinions on social media, and you certainly can’t ban them from a football game for it.

Should he be banned from X? Now that’s a different question.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I think you’re missing my point 😃, it’s not having an opinion that’s an issue, it’s the “just f-off Adam” and similar that is the issue.
It’s just not necessary, IMO there should be zero tolerance to this type of abuse.
On X sure. But not from Brighton games. If you’re playing by that logic of abuse, most clubs would never have any fans attending games, as they’d all be banned… I honestly can’t believe there’s an adult fan alive that hasn’t gone to a game and gone “oh f-off player X” about one of our players. I know I have.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sorry, I don't agree.
Dunk and Veltman get audible criticism from PotG corner when relevant, but Webbo gets more due to sheer numbers.
As per usual, it's all about opinions.
I like the guy, but he does worry me sometimes.
And Dunk doesn't?
Why is that?

Directly responsible for 2 goals conceded in Europa League and one against Arsenal.

Hasn"t looked comfortable yet this season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
On X sure. But not from Brighton games. If you’re playing by that logic of abuse, most clubs would never have any fans attending games, as they’d all be banned… I honestly can’t believe there’s an adult fan alive that hasn’t gone to a game and gone “oh f-off player X” about one of our players. I know I have.
This individual’s abuse is on X as I understand it, (see previous attachments).
This is about social media abuse.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Apart from the horrible error (and he wasn't the only one as Bart did the same for one goal and Estupinan for the free-kick) he had a very good game.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There’s opinion and there’s abuse. Barber has said the club do not tolerate abuse of their staff and will act, I hope they do in this instance.

wendy's tackle

NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2004
East Dean, Eastbourne
I don't often post , but I'm really angry about anyone who thinks Adam Webster deserves any kind of abuse. Totally out of order and a complete lack of understanding of what that guy has done for our club over the years. Yes, he made a bad mistake that cost us yesterday, and not for the first time either. But that's the nature of the game, how is it he gets abuse while others making just as many mistakes are somehow exempt? This guy has been a stalwart for us for many seasons and was instrumental keeping us in this division. Maybe we've moved on from his level, but when picked he continues to give his all and even yesterday saved a certain goal with a superb clearance and rescued Pervis from a red card with his positioning. He's man enough to own his mistakes unlike many, so anyone having a go outside the moment of the match should take a long hard look at themselves.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Webster's a donkey who shouldn't still be here, but this Saggers kid is the bigger problem. Saggers out. No place for the abuse he dished out at all, deserves a knock on the door from Webster to discuss the Tweets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here