Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's happened to Adam Webster.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It’s someone’s opinion and others are free to call it out for what it is. That’s always how this site’s worked.

I’m sure Webster knows the Twitter abuse is by a few juvenile loons but I’ve never understood why players have open social media. You can limit replies to just people you follow very easily.
Webster's always been quite entertaining on SM and seems like he enjoys the banter.

Many people are one bad day away from leaving twitter.
It might not necessarily have just been the juvenile posts yesterday, that made his decision.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It’s someone’s opinion and others are free to call it out for what it is. That’s always how this site’s worked.

I’m sure Webster knows the Twitter abuse is by a few juvenile loons but I’ve never understood why players have open social media. You can limit replies to just people you follow very easily.
Thanks - I just did. :shrug:

I don’t think we are disagreeing here about the difference between NSC and Twitter - or that the toxicity of the comments on Twitter is rank - one directs the comments at the player and one is about the player - but both are openly visible to anyone that choses to read the comments.

For that reason, I also would strongly advise no player to look at social media, including NSC, for feedback from the fans but listen to their teammates and coaches.

Most of us are just full of self-opinionated shlt spouting off on the internet at the end of the day anyway 😎

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Only because he has a reputation for it.

Dunk has a string of mistakes leading to goals over the last season or so.
Yet is deemed less likely for some reason.
Sorry, I don't agree.
Dunk and Veltman get audible criticism from PotG corner when relevant, but Webbo gets more due to sheer numbers.
As per usual, it's all about opinions.
I like the guy, but he does worry me sometimes.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He is very clearly asking for (getting off on) it...

At which point do the club get involved and ban this individual for a period of games?

The whole ticketing scrutiny, seems over the top compared to this.
Personally, I’d ban Ethan for 10 games, might help him longer term as well

I get constructive criticism, but “just f-off Adam” post apology is OTT.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thanks - I just did. :shrug:

I don’t think we are disagreeing here about the difference between NSC and Twitter - or that the toxicity of the comments on Twitter is rank - one directs the comments at the player and one is about the player - but both are openly visible to anyone that choses to read the comments.

For that reason, I also would strongly advise no player to look at social media, including NSC, for feedback from the fans but listen to their teammates and coaches.

Most of us are just full of self-opinionated shlt spouting off on the internet at the end of the day anyway 😎

Agree re the player and social media point, but IMO NSC is mild and constructive and not dissimilar to a group of mates down the pub having a chat.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sorry, I don't agree.
Dunk and Veltman get audible criticism from PotG corner when relevant, but Webbo gets more due to sheer numbers.
As per usual, it's all about opinions.
I like the guy, but he does worry me sometimes.
We're all critical . . . . Usually in the heat of the moment on a match thread . . .throw away comments that are forgotten in seconds when you're actually on the terraces.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
At which point do the club get involved and ban this individual for a period of games?

He’s 16 so will hide behind the parents I suspect

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

think he needs to be sent to bed with boxing gloves on for a week and have his lego taken off him.....little tit.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Can't understand why players have SM apart from private ones. It appears to be a vehicle to abuse and look at me types.

So far as being critical of a player either here or at the match is fine as long as it remains being critical and not abusing. I like many believe Webster is not good enough for the team. His mistakes always appear a brain fart type. Others may make a mistake but it's normally in an attempt to do something such as an interception. Webster's appears to be due to lack of attention or care. Yesterday his pass wasn't just short insomuch as not putting enough speed on the ball, he barely touched it. It happens too often with him. It appears to be the same sort of mistake.

We will concede, like many other teams, by passing out in tight areas at the back. It's the risk managers want to take. Webster's, though was a simple ball not under any pressure you'd expect to see time and again during the game.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
IF anyone needs to be 'called out' it is the manager who doesn't seem to take on board that we don't have the personnel to play such a high line but that wouldn't mean or need a torrent of abuse it's an opinion.

Webster made a mistake but if we are playing a low block he might get away with it as there is more likely to be someone closer covering.

Webster had a good game other than that.

Minteh (as an example) came on and repeatedly cut inside when it was clear (from where I was watching on the side) that going to the bye line was the better option. Lots of (5?) missed opportunities because of that poor decision making(mistakes).

We play spurs next we may need Webster to play so hopefully the crowd can be supportive.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
You still have to read their horrible tweets to know they need blocked though.

Webster doesn’t deserve any of that. Yeah he had the mistake but he actually played ok otherwise, as well as anyone else did and I don’t see why his two goal line clearances don’t seem to matter to the arseholes tweeting as much as the mistake.
It's because they're thick, reactionary children

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Webster has so many fantastic attributes, that not too long ago had him mentioned for a potential England call up. It seems the run of injuries have taken their toll and even at his best he always had one mistake in him every 90 minutes

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Agree re the player and social media point, but IMO NSC is mild and constructive and not dissimilar to a group of mates down the pub having a chat.
Well NSC is a form of social media - but I agree on the whole. I think there is no harm in criticising a player or a manager after he’s made specific mistakes - most of us do that, especially during the match and in post match threads - nor is there any harm in having an opinion about what level the player is at - we all do the talk.

If a player is on the pitch it is because of what the Manager and coaches have seen in training. If a manager is sitting in our dugout, it is TB and PBOBE that have put him there. No player is going to refuse the opportunity to play so let’s not attack the players just for being in the line up.

I just also happen to think there is a line between what is reasonable and objective criticism and what is vitriolic scapegoating and goes over the top. Fortunately most of the latter is spoken in frustration in response to us playing poorly as a team. Then we move on.

Thankfully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here