Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's happened to Adam Webster.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Ethan Saggers obviously didn’t see Ashley Neale play as CB for the Albion!
I actually think that Adam is one of the better suited defenders to Fabian’s style of play due to his comparative speed but he suffers from a lack of consistent game time due to his injuries. Some really good defending at times yesterday although the back pass mistake was a bad one.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
He's received lots of abuse on Twitter and has in turn deleted his Twitter account.

I feel bad for him. He's not up to the level we're at anymore, but he has been a great servant to the club - and does not deserve any abuse he's getting.
This is the problem. A "torrent of abuse" normally equals a couple of local young idiots and probably a couple of longer distance social media 'fans'. Which leaves tens of thousands of fans who haven't abused him on Twitter - probably 99.99% of Brighton fans. But he's probably better off deactivating the account or not reading the comments in any case.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wankers!

Ethan Saggers looks about 12 as well

Feel for Webster, despise fans that go on player‘s Twitter accounts and abuse them.
The BHA Harvey kid is a regular WUM on Twitter and seems to have the IQ of the goat in his bio. Worse than most of the fishermen on here and regularly owned.

Doesn’t make it right, nor would Webster know that, but that’s the level we’re dealing with.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can’t Twatter users block abusers/trolls in a microsecond? Piers Morgan and JO’B boasted about routinely do it.
Only until Elon realises that people block him and stops people from doing it, I suspect

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Absolutely top bloke. Credit to the club.
I strongly suspect he would be the best one of the squad to have a pint with.

I never abuse him, even when he misplaces a pass in a critical area (it's usually in the final thid tbf).
Dunk was equally culpable against Arsenal. after being beaten in an aerial duel with Saka FFS!
Barely a word said against him.

He was the much needed upgrade on Duffy, when he came in and has now been surpassed by JPVH.
Anyone claiming he isn't good enough for this division, needs to take a good look at some of the centre backs playing regularly at this level.

Webster seems totally aware of his position in the squad, and accepts it as it is and gets on with his business, whilst supporting the rest of the squad.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Can’t Twatter users block abusers/trolls in a microsecond? Piers Morgan and JO’B boasted about routinely do it.
You still have to read their horrible tweets to know they need blocked though.

Webster doesn’t deserve any of that. Yeah he had the mistake but he actually played ok otherwise, as well as anyone else did and I don’t see why his two goal line clearances don’t seem to matter to the arseholes tweeting as much as the mistake.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You still have to read their horrible tweets to know they need blocked though.

Webster doesn’t deserve any of that. Yeah he had the mistake but he actually played ok otherwise, as well as anyone else did and I don’t see why his two goal line clearances don’t seem to matter to the arseholes tweeting as much as the mistake.

4-2 with a soft penalty, worldie free-kick and a crazy 20 minutes from the defence, is a totally different situation to a 6-2 loss.
Webster's second half has probably reduced the pressure on the squad and Huerzler, but left him as the scapegoat for 1 error.

Disappointed he got hooked instead of Dunk tbh.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Wankers!

Ethan Saggers looks about 12 as well

Feel for Webster, despise fans that go on player‘s Twitter accounts and abuse them.

Agree but some of the comments from NSC over the past few seasons haven’t been any kinder

“No one wants to sign a sick note in Jan”

“I'm sure he's a good voice in the dressing room and nice local guy, but as a player, his time is up unless it's as a perennial bench warmer.”

“He was nowhere near the England squad. Just silly rumours.”

“Think he is a really poor defender. Almost every clearance went to them. I get really nervous when he has the ball.”

“just not up to it”

“Webster just seems to be a liability”

“Not good enough, has to go.”

“he has one big error in him each match”

“he's a yard slow in his brain and that's why this is his final season with us”

No player deserves to be ever personally trashed or otherwise abused by fans of the Club - they are selected to play by the coaches who see them day in day out in training. It’s fine criticising players for mistakes they have made during a game but not scapegoating them for a loss - it takes a team to lose a match - but if the argument is they shouldn’t be selected at all, that is down to management.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Agree but some of the comments from NSC over the past few seasons haven’t been any kinder

“I'm sure he's a good voice in the dressing room and nice local guy, but as a player, his time is up unless it's as a perennial bench warmer.”

“Think he is a really poor defender. Almost every clearance went to them. I get really nervous when he has the ball.”

“just not up to it”

No player deserves to be ever personally trashed or otherwise abused by fans of the Club - they are selected to play by the coaches who see them day in day out in training. It’s fine criticising players for mistakes they have made during a game but not scapegoating them for a loss - it takes a team to lose a match - but if the argument is they shouldn’t be selected at all, that is down to management.
There is a narrative about Webster that gets trotted out whenever he makes a mistake.
Confirmation bias kicks in immediately, when he makes any kind of misstep.
The same thing happens for Steele.

Dunk has made some calamitous mistakes over the past season and a half.
Against Marseille, Roma, Arsenal he made horrible mistakes leading to goals every bit as bad as Webster's yesterday.

Not saying Dunk should get abuse.
Just that Webster's abuse is massively over the top.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
There is a narrative about Webster that gets trotted out whenever he makes a mistake.
Confirmation bias kicks in immediately, when he makes any kind of misstep.
The same thing happens for Steele.

Dunk has made some calamitous mistakes over the past season and a half.
Against Marseille, Roma, Arsenal he made horrible mistakes leading to goals every bit as bad as Webster's yesterday.

Not saying Dunk should get abuse.
Just that Webster's abuse is massively over the top.
Exactly.

It may not be on the same level of abuse as the Twitter comments but it is still ott abusive comments about a player that has served us well over the years and through no fault of his own (injury, playing out of position, manager style) has at times been inconsistent.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

“just not up to it”

There is a world of difference between Twitter and NSC.

On Twitter people can openly tag him, reply to his posts etc and he’ll see some of them. It’s like calling him shit to his face but from the safety of two way glass or perhaps while wearing a disguise.

No players are on NSC as far as I know, and haven’t been since Guy Butters who rolled with the punches. He and his Mrs seemed to enjoy it here. Whereas I would absolutely counsel the current squad to avoid this place like the plague.

On NSC we’re debating players we rate, why things have happened in games, who we’d pick etc as if we were down the pub. We wouldn’t be talking about Webster with him sat on the bar stool next to us. But I had a full blown conversation about him with my son and others on the way home and that’s what I saw on NSC last night and this morning.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
There is a world of difference between Twitter and NSC.

On Twitter people can openly tag him, reply to his posts etc and he’ll see some of them. It’s like calling him shit to his face but from the safety of two way glass or perhaps while wearing a disguise.

No players are on NSC as far as I know, and haven’t been since Guy Butters who rolled with the punches. He and his Mrs seemed to enjoy it here. Whereas I would absolutely counsel the current squad to avoid this place like the plague.

On NSC we’re debating players we rate, why things have happened in games, who we’d pick etc as if we were down the pub. We wouldn’t be talking about Webster with him sat on the bar stool next to us. But I had a full blown conversation about him with my son and others on the way home and that’s what I saw on NSC last night and this morning.
As I said, it’s not the same level of abuse. But neither is justified imo. It has gone a bit further on NSC at times than simply rating a player as far as some players are concerned - for example calling loyal, long-serving Brighton players ‘sicknotes’ that nobody else wants to sign is fcuking wrong - it just is.

Agree absolutely though with your reasons and comparative examples in pointing out the difference between saying something on Twitter to a player’s ‘face’ and posting stuff on here.

I hope Webby knows that the toxic comments on Twitter aren’t representative of the Brighton fan base (nor are the comments I highlighted above representative of the majority of NSC members, especially once the post-match anger and frustration resides 😉)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
As I said, it’s not the same level of abuse. But neither is justified imo. It has gone a bit further on NSC at times than simply rating a player as far as some players are concerned - for example calling loyal, long-serving Brighton players ‘sicknotes’ that nobody else wants to sign is fcuking wrong - it just is.

Agree absolutely though with your reasons and comparative examples in pointing out the difference.

I hope Webby knows that the toxic comments on Twitter aren’t representative of the Brighton fan base (nor are the comments I highlighted above representative of the majority of NSC members, especially once the post-match anger and frustration resides 😉)
It’s someone’s opinion and others are free to call it out for what it is. That’s always how this site’s worked.

I’m sure Webster knows the Twitter abuse is by a few juvenile loons but I’ve never understood why players have open social media. You can limit replies to just people you follow very easily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here