Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's happened to Adam Webster.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hello “Dazzer”, and @BN9 BHA. Thank you for the comments aimed towards me, however given you both follow me on Twitter for a public reply, and have the ability to drop me a message, I would rather you did that instead of bringing it onto a site where you perhaps think I may not see it.

I publicly apologised for my melodramatic tweet towards Webster mid-game on Saturday, but the tweet shared there was merely me defending myself from someone who had repeatedly used my tweet to justify their own comments about Webster. The person in question (“The Dutch Maldini FYI”) and I have sorted it publicly.

On the “Ethan Saggers” individual, him trying to use my comments to justify him literally telling Webster that he deserves to be publicly hung makes me sick, and as such I called him out on it. There is a fairly big debate on here of the line between criticism and abuse, for me if it’s based on a footballing basis it’s criticism, as soon as you directly wish harm on someone it becomes abuse. I would expect it’s things like this (which he has publicly called out before) that made him deactivate.

Whilst my tweet was melodramatic, it was merely football-based criticism and in no way made to be abusive, however one I do regret as aware it isn’t constructive at all. A good example of why you shouldn’t pick your phone up during a break in play and why I won’t in the future.

Webster has been a great servant for 5 years now, particularly outstanding during his first three seasons. Struggled a fair bit over the last 12 months but equally one of our own. On a personal level I wish him nothing but good things.

UTA.

(Apologies for the long post, but felt I should get that off my chest)
I posted your apology on here yesterday for balance :shrug:

mikeking

Sep 29, 2024
I posted your apology on here yesterday for balance :shrug:
My “full” one can be found in response to TheGullPost, who was the one who shared my tweet in the first place (The two of us also had a good, constructive chat in the replies)

You’ve shared a tweet where I had to add it again because otherwise the point I was making would be immediately redundant. But also a point in an argument that has since been squashed. Whataboutary maybe, but one where I’m not going to sit and face full judgement from people who aren’t going to directly say anything to me, and will share it elsewhere.

It is what it is but please speak directly to me in the future if you find that you have a problem with something I have said.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
On the subject of online abuse I see a moronic Sheffield Wednesday fan mocked the death of the West Brom fan at the game on Saturday (rip) and the consequences have caught up with him.

Arrested, lost his job, banned from massive for life and also a lifetime ban by his golf club (where he was captain)

Richard Crisp - if you want a read

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On the subject of online abuse I see a moronic Sheffield Wednesday fan mocked the death of the West Brom fan at the game on Saturday (rip) and the consequences have caught up with him.

Arrested, lost his job, banned from massive for life and also a lifetime ban by his golf club (where he was captain)

Richard Crisp - if you want a read

A year ago this Massive supporter was convicted after mocking young Bradley Lowery who’d died from C.
https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news...ng-bradley-lowery-at-sunderland-match-4414277

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hello “Dazzer”, and @BN9 BHA. Thank you for the comments aimed towards me, however given you both follow me on Twitter for a public reply, and have the ability to drop me a message, I would rather you did that instead of bringing it onto a site where you perhaps think I may not see it.

I publicly apologised for my melodramatic tweet towards Webster mid-game on Saturday, but the tweet shared there was merely me defending myself from someone who had repeatedly used my tweet to justify their own comments about Webster. The person in question (“The Dutch Maldini FYI”) and I have sorted it publicly.

On the “Ethan Saggers” individual, him trying to use my comments to justify him literally telling Webster that he deserves to be publicly hung makes me sick, and as such I called him out on it. There is a fairly big debate on here of the line between criticism and abuse, for me if it’s based on a footballing basis it’s criticism, as soon as you directly wish harm on someone it becomes abuse. I would expect it’s things like this (which he has publicly called out before) that made him deactivate.

Whilst my tweet was melodramatic, it was merely football-based criticism and in no way made to be abusive, however one I do regret as aware it isn’t constructive at all. A good example of why you shouldn’t pick your phone up during a break in play and why I won’t in the future.

Webster has been a great servant for 5 years now, particularly outstanding during his first three seasons. Struggled a fair bit over the last 12 months but equally one of our own. On a personal level I wish him nothing but good things.

UTA.

(Apologies for the long post, but felt I should get that off my chest)
I very rarely post on Twitter anymore I only read it, I have no intention of getting involved in petty arguments about football on there. I spent far too much time arguing with people on there in the past, I really can’t be arsed with it anymore.
All the decent Albion fans that were on there 11 years back when I joined hardly post anymore.

If you are really offended by my comment about your Twitter post I apologise, not that I posted anything offensive in post #254 IMO. I also still stand by my comment.
Also I don’t believe I accused you of being abusive to Adam Webster.

Fair play if you have learned from this and apologised on Twitter etc.

Last edited:

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
It is what it is but please speak directly to me in the future if you find that you have a problem with something I have said.

@mikeking If you put things onto a public platform like Twitter then people can and will talk about them elsewhere. They have every right to because you put it out there and after all, you think it’s fine to say this stuff in public.

That’s why you should think about what you post first, rather than issuing apologies after the fact (especially now the person you should be apologising to in Webster has gone off Twitter and won’t see it).

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wonder if any of those dishing out the abuse saw the fantastic goal saving clearance he made?
No, of course they didn't. Any more than those shouting that both our goals were shocking errors by Sanchez saw the two game-saving saves he made.
When some people get their claws into a particular player, they instantly become blind to anything which doesn't support their agenda.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I know, but your initial post asked the question: “At what point in the abuse do the club get involved and ban him from games?”.

My answer, based on what I’ve seen, is never. He’s been a bit mean, and that’s nasty and pathetic and not something I would do myself, but you can’t ban someone for being a bit mean unless they cross some very specific boundaries.
Fact that Webster felt it necessary to shutdown his twitter account because of perceived abuse is enough for me to say the club should ban the 'abuser' even if it is 5 games it establishes a line which should not be crossed..

I was there and I guess most of the crowd shouted FFS Webster or similar , probably not audible by him and forgotten by most as the gam moved on. He certainly realised he had had got it wrong, doesn't need a 16 year old kid ramming it down his throat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here