Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were your first ever nightclubs?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
berkshire seagull said:
Yeah utopia was my haunt for many years grrrr and was there the week before it closed a year ago or so with only 150 people inside grrrrr???
Nue valbones was in caversham and rg1 by the bridge bottom of the station road.:smokin:

Rg1 was o.k and level 1,but to think they all closed within 2-3 years and no replacements is a joke and of course matrix has gone,so its well crap now.:ohmy:

I liked RG1's it reminded me of Oriana's in Brighton. I remember 1 christmas eve they opened at midday - d'ya think I lasted the trip?? Bed by 7 as I remember!!
I think I still have my Utopia loyalty card somewhere, that was a good place but just too far away from everywhere else.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sherrys and Annabelles - greatest clubs ever

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
chez said:
I liked RG1's it reminded me of Oriana's in Brighton. I remember 1 christmas eve they opened at midday - d'ya think I lasted the trip?? Bed by 7 as I remember!!
I think I still have my Utopia loyalty card somewhere, that was a good place but just too far away from everywhere else.
Yeah its the best club reading ever had and was to far as many visitors where from newbury,oxford and basingstoke,but then these places got new clubs leaving utopia a morgue.:shootself
Rg1 was more a place for blacks in its latter stages,but mostly they all had upstairs.:drink:

Utopia was at its best when it was trousers,shirts and shoes only,but then it got quiet and casual wear came in meaning mouthy little shits etc.

Its true if you have a club with smart dress i.e trousers they are the best nights with quality totty etc.:clap2:

A small place called The Belfry, just outside Sutton Coldfield. Friday nights in my mate's bubble car, hoping for an overcrowded ride home.

They've built a huge f***-off golf course there since those days.

In Brighton - a place called the Pool Centre (in Pool Valley) was the place to be in the late sixties. I was there the night that Federico Fellini (no less) was in there filming a documentary for Italian TV on "Swinging England". I remember someone feeding the jukebox with sixpences and selecting a succession of Jim Reeves records just to piss Signor Fellini off.

:lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Central Hotel, Gillingham. That eighteen month period just before punk when things went from being pretty damn good (Silver Convention 'Fly Robin Fly' and Bowie 'Fame' and real dark stuff) to a totally wanky media-led Glen Millar revival with tossers pretending to get off on 'Little Brown Jug' and the like. A disgusting fore-runner of the New Romantics. Destroy!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lord Bracknell said:
I remember someone feeding the jukebox with sixpences and selecting a succession of Jim Reeves records just to piss Signor Fellini off.

:lolol:

:lolol: :lolol: Excellent. Bet his vita wasn't dolce that night.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
ritzy in doncaster. i walked in with my brothers girlfriend, too get in as i was only 14. my brother is only 18 month older than me. but he walked in alone. we thought it worked anyway. we got in and got drunk.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Anyone remember the Bird's Nest ,with the smallest dance floor in the world?

poke

Oct 19, 2003
The first club i went to was the beach, then i visted caps quite often after that

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
The Carioca in Worthing was dreadful but it was probably the only place you could get a late drink at the time in the seventies.Somenights you could only get in if you were with a girl so you would wait 50 yards up the road and promised to buy an approaching girl a drink if you could tell the bouncers you were with them.Trouble was some of the real ugly ones would then latch on to you for the night...................... Also to get round the late drinks law the ``establishment`` had to supply you with a supper.4 chips, a teaspoonful of mushy beans and a hideous looking thing which was supposed to be a fishfinger was served on a paper plate and then normally thrown straight into the waiting bin.Some brave folk would actually eat them but usually regret it a couple of hours later once you`d downed a few more pints of Watneys Special and half a dozen rum and cokes.

Sad looking back now but when u were 18 or 19...... ?

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Used to go to a disco called the `Inn Place` in Brighton in the late seventies but cannot remember where it was now.

Lush

Mods' Pet
H block said:
Used to go to a disco called the `Inn Place` in Brighton in the late seventies but cannot remember where it was now.

"I saw her at the Inn Place - uh-oh
She really made my heart race - uh-oh.
From the time i walked in the place
Couldn't take my eyes off her face
It was love at first sight - uh-oh
Could have watched her all night - uh-oh
So after half a while
I thought I'd take a chance
I said come on baby have a dance
She said
No thanks, I'm waiting for me boyfriend...."

Boyfriend - The Piranhas

And a summary of may people's clubbing history! Don't remember ever going there though!

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I’d like to think it was Arena but it is more likely to have been somewhere crap like Rococo’s. Both are in Exeter.

My first clubbing experience in Sussex was at Sheiks (I think it has been renamed Visions now) on the pier in Bognor.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
What that club called in Worthing, just 2 mins walk from the station!! Near I think, Chapmans....? That used to be an old Boundstone school haunt......

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Think I have remembered the one...

"Bensons!"

hehehehehehe!!!!
:lolol: :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here