Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were your first ever nightclubs?

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Creation was the first club i went too, although that was less than 2 years ago :p

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
poke said:
The first club i went to was the beach, then i visted caps quite often after that

Always a quality night out Caps - where else can you order your kebab at the bar??!

:clap2: :drink:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Zeitgeist said:
If there's a dodgier nightclub in Sussex, I've yet to find it. It's been a few years since I've had the pleasure ( ? ) of sampling the delights of this place. It used to be full of deperate divorcee's who were 40+, wished they were 30 and dressed like they were 20! :eek: The men were no better. Balding beer gutted flabby flops in Millets jeans and cheesecloth shirts trying to pull the same birds every Friday night, but with little success. This being Bexhill-on-sea, they were usually related anyway!

I'm definately gonna edit my post now, can I state for the record that I am none of the above and it was nearly 20 years ago and it was after a number of drinks ...............

:blush:

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
You bunch of trendy wankers. I was brought up in the backwater of Crowborough. Valentines (which is now called Bugattis) has recently been voted the worst club in the country by FHM.

Put that in your cool pipe and puff. Brighton was always the pot at the end of the rainbow. We had to wait until we were 17 to hop on the 729 bus and avoid the parents to have a night out in Brighton..........................

Wonderful days..............Marvellous scenes:lolol: :lolol:

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Dandyman said:
Bonus points to us old gits who went to the Escape before it became a club ! :D

I used to drink upstairs in the Escape when it was a pub upstairs and a club downstairs. We'd start off upstairs and then go downstairs just about every fri and sat 85/86/87 when I was home from Uni. The alternative was the Savannah but I always preferred the Escape. Is it still owned by John Holland?

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Just read all of these and no mention of a place I think was called 'The Underground' (?). It was next to Paradox (as it was then) and you had to go down to the basement, played indie, metal stuff.

I frequented that place more than others but did do the rounds on most of the grim clubs Brighton has to offer, event, paradox, etc. Zap was a good laugh, also seem to remember going to a jazz club which had a dance club upstairs somewhere in the lanes. No idea what is was called as both times I went there I was twatted but had a great time.

Tend to avoid clubbing in Brighton when I visit, too many twats around.

Re: Re: What were your first ever nightclubs?

fatboy said:

And to all those who think Danny Seagull lives in the Event - he has allegedly been frequenting REVENGE this week.

It's true, but lack of competition for the ladies is the only attraction. Honest. At least I hope they're ladies.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
chez said:
It was probably called "The Island" at that point. I used to go there quite a bit as well come to think of it !! :drink:

I worked as bar manager during the summer at this place in1990 & 1991 when it was the West End Cafe. The bar downstairs was quite rough. Steve Foster took it over at some point later. It became the 01273 bar. He also had the place in Dyke Road (I think it is now called "New York"). It was an all day drinking club and pretty seedy, red walls and carpets and lots of chrome and mirrors.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Jenkinsons...Busby's ( Sherry's was pants frequented by hooligans) and that place on the A23...Stroods Motel..Cinderella's I think it was called.

Top Rank occasionally, the place underneath Hennekies, Club Papillion( my missus used to dance there as part of a cabaret)

Cinderella/Rockafeller in Streatham was good for a laugh:eek:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
Jenkinsons...Busby's ( Sherry's was pants frequented by hooligans) and that place on the A23...Stroods Motel..Cinderella's I think it was called.

Top Rank occasionally, the place underneath Hennekies, Club Papillion( my missus used to dance there as part of a cabaret)

Cinderella/Rockafeller in Streatham was good for a laugh:eek:

Bet they were more like 'Nightcaves' back in your day, eh DAve?

:eek:ldtimer:

:jester:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
you youngsters have no idea have you?

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

PS Can someone change this smilie to a pint of Harveys as I HATE guiness

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Busby's
Top Rank Suite
Pink Coconut

The Savanhah

Anybody go to The Top Rank Suite on a Tuesday night when you were 15 and try to get upstairs?

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Gloucester. Never the coolest club but always a laugh.

For some sick reason, I even remember the song playing when I first ventured in there in my Lois cords aged about 16: Love Song by Simple Minds. And the Wednesday 70s night was unmissable for years, especially if (like me) you hate most house music and clubs. Back then it also sold draught Harveys.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I remember 70's nights.

Anyone used to go to The Hungry Years? Rocktastic

The pink Coconut was a gay bar on Sundays ( I was told:angel: )

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Starlight Rooms in Montpelier Road and Florida Rooms at the Aquarium back in the mod days. Also, small mod club down West Street where the Small Faces played all night at one gig.
Then mainly frequented West Street places such as Top Rank, but occassionally went to the Orchid at Purley and a club at Streatham whose name I can't remember.
Marvellous scenes.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Digweeds Trousers said:
You bunch of trendy wankers. I was brought up in the backwater of Crowborough. Valentines (which is now called Bugattis) has recently been voted the worst club in the country by FHM.

:clap2:

Bugattis was one of the first ever nightclubs I went to, being 16. It's an absolute fcuking hole, still! same people, same music but at 16 it was ok but I still have my membership card, oh yes.
Chez Moi in Tunbridge Wells, another hole wouldn't go in there now if I was paid. Best of sticking to Davinchi's . . . or SOS in Tonbridge.
:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here