Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were your first ever nightclubs?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
The Northstander said:
Whilst at school I frequented "Pink Coconuts, Oriana's and the event! Wouldn't go near em now mind!

Was talking about Pink Coconut with an old man in my pub today.

There is no way you could have a club called Pink Coconut today, unless it was full of chutney ferrets. :safeway:

And to all those who think Danny Seagull lives in the Event - he has allegedly been frequenting REVENGE this week.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
My first ever club was "The Event" on my 18th birthday. In my late teens and early twenty's it was "The Pink Coconut" & "Oriana's" which IMHO was the best club in Brighton - excellent tunes on a friday night. After that it was the legend that was "Jumping Jacks" and when that closed down it was "McClusky's". There are now no decent clubs in Brighton town centre left so I choose to go down the Marina to places like "Karma".

Chez's 13 year clubbing history in 8 lines!! :drink:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
chez said:
There are now no decent clubs in Brighton town centre left so I choose to go down the Marina to places like "Karma".

:drink:

Have you not only been down their once mate:p

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Harpers in Guildford, now called the Drink - the place where that bird out of Girls Aloud beat up that toilet attendant.

Oh, and the Ritzy, and Brooklyn Heights, both in Newport. Both highly reputable establishments (cough).

:cool:

Last edited:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
chez said:
There are now no decent clubs in Brighton town centre left

you must have very high standards. brighton is good to go out in. it is a lot better than a lot of other towns of a similar size.

gazwag said:
The Continental in Bexhill, went there rarely though

If there's a dodgier nightclub in Sussex, I've yet to find it. It's been a few years since I've had the pleasure ( ? ) of sampling the delights of this place. It used to be full of deperate divorcee's who were 40+, wished they were 30 and dressed like they were 20! :eek: The men were no better. Balding beer gutted flabby flops in Millets jeans and cheesecloth shirts trying to pull the same birds every Friday night, but with little success. This being Bexhill-on-sea, they were usually related anyway!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lush said:
Night Clubs? Urrgh how naff.

Used to go and see bands at the Top Rank Suite, The Alhambra and The Buccaneer though.

Snap. Thanks for reminding me Lush, I'd quite forgotten about the Alhambra.

Remember seeing the Stranglers in the Buccaneer when it was so crowded people were standing on ledges hanging on to the ceiling. And I saw Tom Robinson there when there were about a dozen people in the audience; about a month later, he had a hit with 2-4-6-8 Motorway, bet he didn't have so few after that.

Some great gigs at the Top Rank too.

I did go to a club in the early 80s that was in the Concorde, can't remember what it was called though.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
chez said:
Utopia was the 1st club in Reading I went to closley followed by RG1. Or was it New Valbonnes (spelling?) oh i dont know I was never sober up there anyway :drink: :drink:

Shame about Robert Codner walking around thinking he owned the place (Utopia). No surprises about being drunk all the time mate. do you remember the women we were with:lolol:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah utopia was my haunt for many years grrrr and was there the week before it closed a year ago or so with only 150 people inside grrrrr???
Nue valbones was in caversham and rg1 by the bridge bottom of the station road.:smokin:

Rg1 was o.k and level 1,but to think they all closed within 2-3 years and no replacements is a joke and of course matrix has gone,so its well crap now.:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here