Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were your first ever nightclubs?

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
first nightclub i ever went to was.................The Crypt in Hastings and if I lived there I would still go. Yeah, ther isn't much choice there!! But, seriously, Crypt could fit in well in Brighton with its wear whatever you want door policy, but at the same time sometimes slightly over excitable doorstaff. Also, there is another club at the other end of town which all the chavs go to, therefore leaving goths and normal people to go the Crypt, dunno what it is called now, but when i used to go there it was called 'The G Spot' and before that, though before my time, it was called 'Saturdays'. :)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The Roxy in Eastbourne, which became Odysey, and is now something else.

Also Shimmers and Ziggys in Eastbourne for some classic messy dance nights, both now sadly shut down.

1st Proper clubs I frequented were The Event for Mantra nights and Sterns.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Saturdays and JR's in Hastings, went to the Crypt a couple of times

The Continental in Bexhill, went there NEVER though

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sister Rays, the Gloucester and the original Concorde in Brighton,

Bashers in Shoreham, and the Crypt in Hastings, the Crypt is the best of the bunch in Hastings by far, we had some great gigs there. . .JR's was a bloody dreadful place.

and who can forget the basement . . . .ultra cheap stella for a start, the wettest slipperiest dance floor in the world and loads of trashed students !

Dandyman

In London village.
Trotster said:
Sterns from 14
Escape from 16

Bonus points to us old gits who went to the Escape before it became a club ! :D

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Davinchi's in Horley which was truely awful.

Thankfully I saw the light and the following week I was in Club UK in Wandsworth - happy days!!

:drink:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
zefarelly said:
Sister Rays, the Gloucester and the original Concorde in Brighton,

Bashers in Shoreham, and the Crypt in Hastings, the Crypt is the best of the bunch in Hastings by far, we had some great gigs there. . .JR's was a bloody dreadful place.

and who can forget the basement . . . .ultra cheap stella for a start, the wettest slipperiest dance floor in the world and loads of trashed students !

DENNY'S

:jester:

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Champagnes in Horsham, a few years ago mind. Happy days on a Thursday night with live bands. They even had The Mission once before it shut down.
First Brighton club Pink Coconut but saw the light of The Zap and Escape.
And I must agree Davinchi's in Horley was truely awful and I too went to Club UK!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Albion Dan said:
The Roxy in Eastbourne, which became Odysey, and is now something else.

Also Shimmers and Ziggys in Eastbourne for some classic messy dance nights, both now sadly shut down.

1st Proper clubs I frequented were The Event for Mantra nights and Sterns.

Ooops i'd forgotten about Ziggys! 50p night on a Weds was great!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Coasters
Top Rank Suite
Pink Coconut

Dance Factory/Cinderellas (Hurstpierpoint ??)

Spotlight (RAF Brize Norton)

The Paradox, and what a place that was too. Some of my very first sexual experiences occured in that place. And the ongoing battles I had with the gangs of Whitehawk chavs I started a long running feud with. :)

(My sexual experiences were with the chavs, I think that's why they were angry with me)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Probably Sterns near Worthing, so long ago that I either can't or don't want to remember.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here