Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were your first ever nightclubs?

Oval Gull

Feb 5, 2004
black & white seagull said:
Am I the only one that used to practically live in the Savannah? (Thanks to the free 18th birthday party tickets they used to send out...)

Nope, went there a few times myself. Along with:

Hungry Years
The Gloucester
Event

Start of my drinking career. Great memories!:)

D

Deleted User X18H

mendoza10 said:
my first was hoves finest
now called the babylon lounge, cant remeber what it was called back in 1996 though
It was called the ISLAND I lived opposite sold the flaT FOR A £35000 PROFIT hate hate hate to think what its worth now:angry:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
First time I went to a club was in 1991 when I went to The Event

Saw The Prodigy, did my first pill and didn't look back!!!

PS For all those that slag The Event 2, The Event (Numero Uno!!) was a quality venue for a boogie and chemical-enhanced evening!! However I saw the light after 12 months of raving and graduated onto The Zap! Happy days indeed :)

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
berkshire seagull said:
Yeah utopia was my haunt for many years grrrr and was there the week before it closed a year ago or so with only 150 people inside grrrrr???
Nue valbones was in caversham and rg1 by the bridge bottom of the station road.:smokin:

Rg1 was o.k and level 1,but to think they all closed within 2-3 years and no replacements is a joke and of course matrix has gone,so its well crap now.:ohmy:

I went to RG1 years ago now mate was living up that way had a corking night involving 4 stunners from some university, resulted in the next morning bolting over a load of alotments on the way back to said mates pad in the middle of no where, apart from that Reading was god awful apart from some cocktail bar with a stupid name... Something slammers, this was Pre the Oracle and Chav central.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Downtown Saturdays at Hastings was another much frequented joint - when we ventured out and Ziggys at Eastbourne

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Rutherfords in Worthing, then frequented the MIB/Area 51.

First club in Brighton wa sthe Event, shit then, shite now, then the Gloucester.

Last club i went too was Ethos/Visagei n Huddersfield a northern Icon/Diva but with friendly northern ladies.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Goring Gull said:
First club in Brighton wa sthe Event, shit then, shite now, then the Gloucester.

As stated earlier, I guess your views on The Event depend on when you went there and your reasons for going

If you ever went on a Saturday or midweek night it was tacky and pants

However if you went in the early 90s on a friday night, when they used to organise legalised "raves" a top, top night was to be had by all........and the drugs were better/cleaner than they are now :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here