Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What single thing in football annoys you the most?

WEll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
People that support one of the big 4 AND Brighton. I don't really want to sit next to some cock that's constantly going on about what the Chelsea score is at an Albion game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
People that support one of the big 4 AND Brighton. I don't really want to sit next to some cock that's constantly going on about what the Chelsea score is at an Albion game.

THAT would annoy me almost as much as GOAL MUSIC, to be fair.

Almost.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Admin/cheating

Teams that have shit loads of debt, but spend money on players instead. Man Utd, Crawley etc

Diving or going down clutching your face when you havent been touched or been brushed on your shoulder. Drogba, El Abd etc

Ticket prices. Way too high

Chants being sung so fast that the original tune is unrecognisable - us with Sussex by the Sea, Great Escape, Just Cant get Enough

Teams that sponsor corner kicks, substitutions, throw ins, injury time, corner flags etc

Booing a team off if they haven't won, even if its off the back of a decent run.
GO ON BRETT!!! hard to disagree with that list.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Should a penalty only be awarded if there is a direct threat on goal then? ???

Indeed. It actually annoys me when penalties are NOT given for 'little fouls' in the box, that WOULD have been given anywhere else on the pitch.

Oh, this brings me to another one though. I HATE it when players / teams celebrate winning a penalty - high fives and shit. Hate that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ref blows for a free kick against a player. Said player picks up the ball, trots along for about 5 paces and then drops the ball somewhere randomly no where near where the opposing team has to take the free kick. If I was the ref I would book every single **** that does this. Just me or anyone else agree?

Similarly, any player who has a free kick awarded against him, then either him or his team-mate stands in front of the ball preventing the kick from being taken quickly.

The perverse things is that it's the free-kick taker's privilege to take it quickly and if the ball hits that player, they get booked (or should be), though protocol seems to dictate that doing that is seen as deliberately getting another player booked, so isn't done. Nicky Forster was (quite annoyingly) a chief protagonist of doing that.

The only time I've seen a player booked for that lately was a Portsmouth player at the Amex last week.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
also people who spend the WHOLE game slagging off one player then change their tune when he scores the winner.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Centre Forwards backing into centre halves and then demanding a free kick for a foul by a defender.

Attackers knocking the ball past a defender, running into them and winning free kicks. Unless that defender moves towrds the attacker, what do you want him to do, throw himself to the floor?

I'm a defender BTW

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Similarly, any player who has a free kick awarded against him, then either him or his team-mate stands in front of the ball preventing the kick from being taken quickly.

So, they should just stand out of the way and let the opposition have a free shot? ??? It's called professionalism and ANY player who didn't stand in the way of an attacking free-kick preventing it from being taken whilst you aren't ready to defend it, would get all kinds of stick for not stopping them.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So, they should just stand out of the way and let the opposition have a free shot? ??? It's called professionalism and ANY player who didn't stand in the way of an attacking free-kick preventing it from being taken whilst you aren't ready to defend it, would get all kinds of stick for not stopping them.

The defending player has an obligation to retreat 10 yards. It's not called professionalism - it's called cheating.

Another thing - supporters who defend cheating.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So if Greer gives away a free kick on the edge of the box tonight, you want him to move aside and let them take it immediately, and probably scoring the goal? And you'll be sitting there all smug because Greer had done what, presumably, you consider to be the right thing. Absolute nonsense, it isn't cheating in the slightest. If you've given away a free kick, that's one thing. To then just step aside and let them take it unopposed while you aren't in a position to defend it is just criminal.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
So if Greer gives away a free kick on the edge of the box tonight, you want him to move aside and let them take it immediately, and probably scoring the goal? And you'll be sitting there all smug because Greer had done what, presumably, you consider to be the right thing. Absolute nonsense, it isn't cheating in the slightest. If you've given away a free kick, that's one thing. To then just step aside and let them take it unopposed while you aren't in a position to defend it is just criminal.

Quite. Anyone who has played the game will tell you that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Poor example.

Of course it's cheating. That's why it's punishable with a yellow card. :facepalm:

Following your argument to a logical progression, you'd also condone a 'professional foul' (Christ, if ever there was a misnomer), deliberate handball on the line, and shirtpulling as being 'professional' if they deny a goal being scored. Or diving to try and be awarded a penalty. Bollocks - it's cheating; win by ANY means...?

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Poor example.

Of course it's cheating. That's why it's punishable with a yellow card. :facepalm:

Following your argument to a logical progression, you also condone a 'professional foul' (Christ, if ever there was a misnomer), deliberate handball on the line, and shirtpulling if they deny a goal being scored.

You are part of what is wrong with modern football.

In the words of John McEnroe, you can NOT be serious. ???

If you are, we differ completely and that will do for me.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
diving and cheating in any form, it ruins everything good about the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here