Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What single thing in football annoys you the most?

WEll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
People who spend the whole match talking and moaning about their life or work, (please keep it for outside the ground)

People who moan after just 15mins into the game, in fact people who moan at all in a game,

West Ham, Newcastle etc. in the Championship getting on TV for nearly every game,

Cost of tickets, food etc.

People who are experts on football when speaking on fb/twitter when they've never been to a game,

I could go on.. I think these days there is more that annoys me about football than i enjoy..

Nov 20, 2003
hove
non football people running clubs ,dont understand the fans passions, and double standards preach one thing and do the same to suit themselves

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm with TLO, blocking a free kick is cheating.

I also think having no intention of taking a free kick quickly, but kicking it at the player who is attempting delay you just in case you were, is also cheating, but not worth getting worked up over, or booking.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
when people are trying hard to pay their taxes and these crooks are not paying over their deductions its a f***ing disgrace and gets my goat

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm with TLO, blocking a free kick is cheating.

It's an extremely liberal use of the term cheating. Some things are part of the game, not allowing the opposition to catch you with your trousers down, is one of them.

You're going to see a lot of cheating tonight I'm afraid, boys. You're going to see people fouling each other to stop them getting away into space. You're going to see people trying to disrupt the flow of the game by slowing down for goal kicks and throw ins and even worse, you might even see players pretending to be hurt to win free kicks in a dangerous position.

Personally, I really hope that Barnes doesn't win us any free-kicks around the edge of the area for LuaLua or Vicente to smash into the net. Or, even worse, I hope he doesn't win us a penalty by feeling some contact from somewhere. It would ruin the integrity of the game and I would be cross.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's an extremely liberal use of the term cheating. Some things are part of the game, not allowing the opposition to catch you with your trousers down, is one of them.

You're going to see a lot of cheating tonight I'm afraid, boys. You're going to see people fouling each other to stop them getting away into space. You're going to see people trying to disrupt the flow of the game by slowing down for goal kicks and throw ins and even worse, you might even see players pretending to be hurt to win free kicks in a dangerous position.

Personally, I really hope that Barnes doesn't win us any free-kicks around the edge of the area for LuaLua or Vicente to smash into the net. Or, even worse, I hope he doesn't win us a penalty by feeling some contact from somewhere. It would ruin the integrity of the game and I would be cross.

I'm glad you've come round to our way of thinking.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Nicky Forster was the daddy of blocking free kicks, whilst retreating. As soon as the decision went against us (and he was in the vicinity), he would get in the way, engage the ref and retreat backwards. Very good and nothing wrong with that.

I am voting for money (an umbrella term to cover ticket prices/wages/agent fees/parachute payments/CVAs/ad finitum

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Nicky Forster was the daddy of blocking free kicks, whilst retreating. As soon as the decision went against us (and he was in the vicinity), he would get in the way, engage the ref and retreat backwards. Very good and nothing wrong with that.

It did my head in every time he did that - just waiting for him to get booked. Amazingly, he never did.

I think Glenn Murray did once, though.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Players wages............I,m happy to pay to watch them run around enjoying themselves kicking a ball.......couple of hours training each day....games of golf in the afternoon...etc etc etc.

However, I do object that we have to pay them so much because the poor loves careers only last 10 years and therefore, they must have enough money to retire at 31-32 years old. FFS....32 years old...super-fit, yet obviously incapable of getting a job after football.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Another to add to my list:

redundant terms
- "shot stopper" as an attribute of a goal keeper. It's like saying "as a vocalist, Mariah Carey's strong point is she can sing" or "As a chef, Gordon Ramsey's strong point is he can cook".
- "box to box midfielder" like saying a goalkeeper is a strong 18 yard box goalkeeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here