Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What single thing in football annoys you the most?

WEll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Admin/cheating

Teams that have shit loads of debt, but spend money on players instead. Man Utd, Crawley etc

Diving or going down clutching your face when you havent been touched or been brushed on your shoulder. Drogba, El Abd etc

Ticket prices. Way too high

Chants being sung so fast that the original tune is unrecognisable - us with Sussex by the Sea, Great Escape, Just Cant get Enough

Teams that sponsor corner kicks, substitutions, throw ins, injury time, corner flags etc

Booing a team off if they haven't won, even if its off the back of a decent run.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Admin/cheating

Teams that have shit loads of debt, but spend money on players instead. Man Utd, Crawley etc

Diving or going down clutching your face when you havent been touched or been brushed on your shoulder. Drogba, El Abd etc

Chants being sung so fast that the original tune is unrecognisable - us with Sussex by the Sea, Great Escape, Just Cant get Enough

Teams that sponsor corner kicks, substitutions, throw ins, injury time, corner flags etc

calm down son

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Admin/cheating

Booing a team off if they haven't won, even if its off the back of a decent run.

And what's the SINGLE most annoying thing

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
-refs being blamed for ruining a game when he is simply applying the law, instead of blaming the players who break the laws
-fans/media/players always looking first to blame the ref for a defeat
-media making the ref the centre of attention by questioning his ever decision, then accusing him of trying to make himself the centre of attention
-fans who make their chants about themselves rather than the club or the players
-people using great performances by players who are being mercilessly crucified by his their own fans as proof booing doesn't work (most recently for example theo walcott being slaughtered first half v tottenham, then putting on a game winning performance in the second half)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
-refs being blamed for ruining a game when he is simply applying the law, instead of blaming the players who break the laws
-fans/media/players always looking first to blame the ref for a defeat
-media making the ref the centre of attention by questioning his ever decision, then accusing him of trying to make himself the centre of attention
-fans who make their chants about themselves rather than the club or the players
-people using great performances by players who are being mercilessly crucified by his their own fans as proof booing doesn't work (most recently for example theo walcott being slaughtered first half v tottenham, then putting on a game winning performance in the second half)

But then there r refs who want to be the centre of attention

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
stands not singing in time with each other. Seriously, sometimes it's like when we used to sing 'row row row your boat' at primary and half the assembly would start when the first half had finished their first line.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But then there r refs who want to be the centre of attention

I don't believe there are as many as people think. I honestly think most of the time this criticism is wrongly directed at them, either it's the players fault for not playing with the laws of the game, or it's the fault of this "how can we blame the ref? first" attitude.

Though yes, there probably is one or two.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't believe there are as many as people think. I honestly think most of the time this criticism is wrongly directed at them, either it's the players fault for not playing with the laws of the game, or it's the fault of this "how can we blame the ref? first" attitude.

Though yes, there probably is one or two.

I guess slow motion replays have a lot to answer for....also maybe shows such as MOTD should hav a former ref on the couch each week

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Brighton FANS who hate OTHER teams more than Palace and then give SPURIOUS reasons as to why such as we had Pompey as rivals. Really? So Southampton just popped up recently then or according to my maps Soton has ALWAYS been next door to Pompey unless it moved due to a continental drift or NODDY Bournemouth who like Charlton NO ONE gives a f*** about.

Managers who blame refs when actually it wasnt the refs fault that you missed 25 chances or defended like utter fucktards for 90 mins .

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It would seriously piss me off if we had goal music. Almost as much as it pisses me off when people slag Barnes off for no good reason.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Players not being 10 yards away from the ball on set pieces. It is the most blatant infringement of the laws in football, happens multiple times per game and yet players repeatedly get away with it. Winds me up big time.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Apart from my earlier observations I have to add one total hate of the game, and that is commentators. I never remember Brian Moore telling me how this game, how that game should be played out. He commentated, he told us the name of the player and did his job. Nowadays commentators that probably haven't even kicked a f***ing ball try to do the punditry to and it really irks me that someone that probably knows less about football in all it's guises than me can try and patronise me with his 'expertise'. Shut up and commentate... just. f***ing. commentate.!!!

D

Deleted member 2719

Chairmen that interfere in the football part of the game they need to stick to their job in hand and keep out of the managers, because when it all goes wrong for the manager they are just as much to blame, but they are in a position just to spin away and always look good from the outside.

Also players or managers that go straight to their rivals (no in between club).

Ie. Murray and the ultimate Harry Redknapp.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some pretty good arguments here. The suggestion of ALAN GREEN, in particular. He REALLY annoys me.

Not as much as GOAL MUSIC though. Seriously, I just don't get it. Why is it played? Is it the aural equivalent, of those "Clap now" prompt cards that get held up in front of the audience at live TV recordings?

If the fans of those clubs can't produce a few seconds of spontaneous noise, to celebrate a GOAL, then they might as well give up, frankly.

The whole concept of it is simply PREPOSTEROUS.

If, god forbid they ever played it at the Albion, I would BOOOOOOO every goal we scored, until they scrapped it.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Penalties

I get annoyed when referees/linesmen award marginal penalty decisions where there was little goal threat, often changing the course of a game.

Closely followed by Dennis Wise.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Diving and demanding yellow cards falls into the same camp for me - Attempting to change the game through blatant manipulation. Really think we need tougher punishments for this.

HOWEVER - what really gets my goats is FIFAs continued refusal to allow technology.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here