Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What single thing in football annoys you the most?

WEll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I voted 'card waving' but now feel I need to change my answer to 'Alan Green'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Premier League.

Which I'd say was responsible of at least 80% of the answers, on this thread.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
As I said on a post when I joined, for me it is people I know that are fans of clubs when they live no where near them. For example I know a few Liverpool fans that have never been Anfield. That is one of the reason why clubs like Portsmouth go bust. If everyone supported there local team then they would have the money they need. In my 6th form college, which is in Sussex, I can only think of 2 Brighton fans.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Everybody that has Sky TV or watches games down the pub. They, collectively, are the ones who have brought about the current state of the game.

1. Ridiculous wages for players
2. Kick-off times all over the place and spread through the week.
3. FA Cup meaning jack-shit anymore, plus with staggered semi-finals.
4. Teams stuffed full of no-mark foreign players.
5. Pin-drop atmospheres at matches.
6. Matches meaning far more than they should, because of the enormous financial implications of dropping down the leagues.
7. Players doing that ridiculous shaking hands thing before games in front of corporate banners. Total shite.

Sky has ruined football, but made alot of players and shareholders very rich.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
cheats like drog last week, its embarressing and they should get done after by the FA and the book thrown at them. Its just shit.

and goal music....

and birds of prey being ill treated at football matches

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's quite hard to name just one as asked ...there are several that are on a par....one would be players who go down as if poleaxed writhe around in supposed agony and then within minutes have made a Lazarus like recovery ...that definitely annoys me

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Players wages. They are the reason for only the top clubs winning the premier league each year because they are the teams who can offer them the most money. They are always at the top so they attract glory supporting "fans" (the second most annoying thing about football). And also, because of the high wages, more foreign players come over here to play.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If they played Goal music after a red card for diving, this would present a bit of a parradox.???

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Andytownsend306x206.jpg

Most definitely this!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
All listed in the poll are annoying....waving of imaginary card....if I was ref and a player came up to me waving imaginary card I would book HIM for unsportsmanlike behaviour...diving...goal music...aka Tom Hark...so childish...

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
all the matches not kicking off at 3 o'clock on saturday & all seater stadiums

they're not f***ing stadiums there grounds & they're not referee's assistants,they're f***ing linesmen

some twat twirling round a board with the added time on it,red & yellow cards,can't they just book 'em and right they're name down

subs,should only be one,to be announced

dug outs,too big and comfortable,bring back the bench seats

foreign players,should only be 2 in each team

goby goalies,like they never make a mistake

champions league,only 25% of the teams in it are actually champions!

semi finals at wembley

but the single most biggest thing would be players feigning injury

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I voted diving.

Can I also add to the poll, shit officials! :censored:

I thought we had some crap ones last season in league one!

But, we seem to have more than our fair share over this season, of refs and assistant refs, that seem to get the most easy decision completely wrong, in favour of our opponents. I don't think I've seen a ref or lino get it completely wrong so it goes for us!! :censored:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
for me it's when a team deliberately wastes time to ensure they win. Fucks me right off.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ref blows for a free kick against a player. Said player picks up the ball, trots along for about 5 paces and then drops the ball somewhere randomly no where near where the opposing team has to take the free kick. If I was the ref I would book every single **** that does this. Just me or anyone else agree?

Good call, IMO all those gamesmanship antics totally wind me up, why can't footballers just be honest anymore? I hate it when they put their arms up to claim a throw in/corner/goal kick when they know 100% that they just kicked the ball out. The crap with waving imaginary cards, rounding on the ref, 'seeing' a ball out for a goal kick, it's f***ing obstruction you tools. Rolling over time and time again when you get fouled, feigning injury, holding your face in mock agony when the other guys arm brushed past your shoulder, and then checking for blood, when he never f***ing touvhed you. And as for cheating, diving etc, really, the authorities should tighten up on it, it is becoming embarrassing,

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
What pisses you off the most?

Something really important, like the Football Creditor Rule, or the general abuse of the Administration process?

Something morally corrupt like 'simulation', or the sight of professional players and coaches waving imaginary cards to get fellow pros sent off?

The obscene salaries drawn by average players, with the additional percentage on top for the parasytical agents and fixers?

For me, I simply can't look beyong GOAL MUSIC. It genuinely has me raging. I bloody HATE it.

Poll to follow...

I fcuking hate the play offs top 3 should go up end of .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A single thing? That's hard, there are a fair few things...

Few people bothering to keep up with the laws of the game. Particularly annoying when it's a commentator showing complete ignorance of what the laws are, instead of what they used to be or what they think they should be.

-Most of the things on that list (I'm not particularly annoyed by player wages as a rule, just those that have little consideration for the club when demanding wages - e.g. those that I don't have a problem with someone demanding 150k a week from man utd or chelsea, but do have a problem with players expecting 30k from portsmouth.
-Players celebrating the award of penalties
-winning being more important than playing with respect, integrity and sportsmanship
-fans complaining about football being sanitised or tackling being outlawed
-fans who think you have to support any english team in the champions league/europe
-british attitude of 4-4-2 as king
-players can't be expected to play well if not playing in their best one position/system
-the misconception that the best 11 player will automatically make the best team
-the way we complain there are too many international friendlies and trying to get them reduced, then explain that england weren't playing as a team because they are too tribal

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
O well...if others r going for more than one......another annoyance is refs who like to b the centre of attention ..in a gd game when the players behave themselves thy should blend into the background

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here