Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What single thing in football annoys you the most?

WEll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
I am concerned by the current state of football finances and players wages etc, but I wouldn't say that it annoys me, or certainly nowhere near as much as GOAL MUSIC does :rant:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The penalty rule, in that if a player's leg is touched in the box and he goes to ground, then it is considered a penalty regardless of the fact that the contact was too light to have even made a player break stride, let alone fall over.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
It was a tough call between administration as cheating and goal music. Goal music edged it for myself, love to hear the roar of the crowd, sends me weak at the knees. No place in football for goal music and drums. Just makes a club look noddy.
I didn't go for administration because at least in a way it's punishable, although some might argue the punishments aren't drastic enough.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Ref blows for a free kick against a player. Said player picks up the ball, trots along for about 5 paces and then drops the ball somewhere randomly no where near where the opposing team has to take the free kick. If I was the ref I would book every single **** that does this. Just me or anyone else agree?

Pisses me right off.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Football Pundits. Do not just moan about the ref. Provide some analysis.

Everyone enjoys football in a different way, and I like to watch matches from England, Spain and whatever ESPN are fancying that day. Punditry does annoy me aswell, the vast majority of it is lazy and obvious. Very little tactical analysis, just picking one or two incidents of the same problem/mistake and give the impression that is all that was the cause of the result. And I don't think pundits, or fans in general, show anywhere near enough respect for their opposition. Sometimes you lose because the other team were really good on the day.

D

Deleted member 18477

The scummy agents. All dickheads! Worse than f***ing bankers!

Also John Terry. Utter rat.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
All the songs being done to the tune of "Sloop John B" at every ground, every time I watch a English Premier league or Football league match its the same songs.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Andytownsend306x206.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Players booting the ball out and claiming the throw despite it clearly not going anywhere near an opposition player.

Fans shouting foul abuse " because it's a passionate game " so, that's alright then..?

The ridiculous jostling in the box when a corner or free kick is delivered.

All equally bad

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
When a player is referred to as a “baby faced assassin” – think it started with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Don’t know why but it really irritates me.

Agree with pundits – Warren Barton on Fox Soccer Channel is a waste of space.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Players that blatantly hack another player down, then after the ref blows up for a foul, runs 10 yards and picks the ball up as if to say "I played the ball ref"

Players that wave imaginary cards at the ref annoy me as well.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Away strips! - should be banned unless there's a serious colour clash that would make it diffficult to identify which team was which. Just there to grab more money............

Mega wages too - high wages, yes, it's a short career, but it's gone too far.
Too many sendings off - I don't pay to see 10 against 9; if they're going to insist on a yellow card for every slightly mistimed tackle, then perhaps two yellows should be miss the next match, but stay on the pitch for this one.
Agents.
FIFA..........need I say more?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It has to be goal music for me. Absolutely no place in a crowd participation sport.

I am concerned by the current state of football finances and players wages etc, but I wouldn't say that it annoys me, or certainly nowhere near as much as GOAL MUSIC does :rant:

It was a tough call between administration as cheating and goal music. Goal music edged it for myself, love to hear the roar of the crowd, sends me weak at the knees. No place in football for goal music and drums. Just makes a club look noddy.

FOUR correct answers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here