Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What Pisses Me Off about NSC

Re: Re: Re: What Pisses Me Off about NSC

gerbil said:
Is this some sort of thinly veiled compliment that I should be proud of?

No, it means he dislikes me more than you, it's a crumb of comfort :D

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Re: Re: What Pisses Me Off about NSC

Brovian said:
My twopennyworth:

1. How nobody is allowed to ever say anything derogatory about (a) Dick Knight (b) Dan Harding (c) The club in general.
Absolute rubbish, you can say what you like. However if you are going to slag off Dick Knight be prepared for the fact that most people will disagree with you simply beacuse most people realsie he's the best chairman we've ever had. That's not an NSC view BTW but an overall view of all Brighton fans. Harding is fair game.

2. Everyone with a post count of over 5000 is assured that whatever bollox they post will be agreed with by everyone else that can't think for themselves.
Largely agree. There is a clique on here who all know each other and tend to agree with each other's posts and massage each other's egos.

3. People on here with a "I'm a much better fan than you are" attitude because they give to the begging bowl fund.
Again, largely agree, but it's more "I'm a better fan because I currentlly go to more matches than you. Just say 'The play-off tickets were distributed fairly' and watch the bobble-hat brigade froth at the mouth.

4. London Irish and his sarcastic pedantic replies whenever someone dares to disagree with what he says. You're NOT funny mate give it up.
Disagree. LI and people like him make this board. There's more to life than football and politics IS important.

5. You're doing things for Wrexham.That's all very noble but to be honest I and I'm sure a lot of other people that use this board don't really want to hear about it all the time.
That is a disgusting comment. I'm glad that most football fans are far more generous in spirit than you, you selfish twat. Like others have said it's a good job other fans didn't think like you when we were fighting Archer.

6. Ernest and Beach Hut's love ins on every other thread.
Couldn't agree more.

So there we are, on some points I agree with you and on others I don't. And guess what? Other people will disagree with me. If you're going to post on here regularly (and I HATE post counts btw) you'd better get used to the fact that there are a number of different strands of opinion and so long as points are made fairly and coherently no one minds the differences - indeed it would be a dull old place without it.

I was reading through the thread to try and come up with a balnced response but the above covers it. imo

Don't forget of course, that if you remove the posts on the Word Association thread etc. the 'league table' would look very different

gerbil. What is your point?
Everyone is entitled to a rant, but what makes your rant any more valid than anyone elses? Surely the fact that your list of complete and utter bollox creates a discussion is testament to what is actually GREAT about NSC. Of course NSC can never be one persons utopia, that is because it is made up of such diverse personalities. That is its strength.
I don't agree with your points, but in what way does that disagreement degrade NSC as a forum. Not to put too fine a point on it, you're talking shite mate.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
RoyalAli said:
I don't think so.
Fans of other clubs have helped yours, but you don't want to have anything to do with it when fans of another clubs need your help.

Read it again.I didn't say that.All I said was I don't want to READ about it all the time.I never once said I didn't want to have anything to do with it.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Lokki 7 said:
gerbil. What is your point?
Everyone is entitled to a rant, but what makes your rant any more valid than anyone elses? Surely the fact that your list of complete and utter bollox creates a discussion is testament to what is actually GREAT about NSC. Of course NSC can never be one persons utopia, that is because it is made up of such diverse personalities. That is its strength.
I don't agree with your points, but in what way does that disagreement degrade NSC as a forum. Not to put too fine a point on it, you're talking shite mate.

But you can't possibly say things like that.
I've got more posts than you.
I'll be putting you on the " I disagree" list then?

gerbil said:

And make sure you put me on the "I agree" list.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
RoyalAli said:
Where else will you read about it?
When you were in trouble with Falmer, then you posted round onto other clubs message boards, including Reading's, and got help. Without posts like these then nobody would know about various campaigns which are there for the sole reason on helping a club in need, which you must remember yours is.

Well on account of your far superior post count I'll have to just accept that I'm a selfish twat that will be well behind most people when it comes to vying for position at the gates of heaven. I'm sure I'll live with that.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
gerbil said:

You're keeping a list?

Where do I stand? Seriously - I've managed to confuse myself...

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
gerbil said:
1. How nobody is allowed to ever say anything derogatory about (a) Dick Knight (b) Dan Harding (c) The club in general.

2. Everyone with a post count of over 5000 is assured that whatever bollox they post will be agreed with by everyone else that can't think for themselves.

3. People on here with a "I'm a much better fan than you are" attitude because they give to the begging bowl fund.

4. London Irish and his sarcastic pedantic replies whenever someone dares to disagree with what he says. You're NOT funny mate give it up.

5. You're doing things for Wrexham.That's all very noble but to be honest I and I'm sure a lot of other people that use this board don't really want to hear about it all the time.

6. Ernest and Beach Hut's love ins on every other thread.

I'm waiting for all the "if you don't like it piss off" comments so don't let me down.
Maybe I can try and get a few thousand more posts and then everyone will agree with me.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Only 120 odd posts and you like Shania Twain .... Do you really expect poeple to take you seriously on here? :D

BTW I agree with you wholeheartedly on point 2.

Oct 19, 2004
Hastings
What really pisses me off is people who make points like No1 on gerbils list. I've said this before, I will say it this one last time - in capitals.

YOU HAVE FREE SPEECH. YOU POST YOUR VIEWS. THEY ARE NOT CENSORED OR REMOVED. THEY ARE ALLOWED TO STAND. HOWEVER, FREE SPEECH DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN POST WHATEVER DRIVEL YOU WANT AND EXPECT NO ONE TO DISAGREE OR PICK YOU UP ON IT. CHANCES ARE, IF YOU THINK ONE THING AND THE VAST MAJORITY THINK THE OPPOSITE, YOU ARE IN THE WRONG. YOU HAVE YOUR OPINION, WHICH YOU HAVE STATED. OTHER PEOPLE ALSO HAVE THE RIGHT OF FREE SPEECH WHICH MEANS THEY CAN TELL YOU THEY BELIEVE YOU ARE TALKING BOLLOCKS.

And relax.....

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
RoyalAli said:
So Gerbil, do you agree with me because you think I'm right, or have you assured yourself that you're wrong because you have assumed that a higher post count means people are more likely to agree with me?

I agree with you because of your far superior post count.
I've only got 100 odd so I can't possibly have my own view on anything can I?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Couldn't give a rats arse said:
What really pisses me off is people who make points like No1 on gerbils list. I've said this before, I will say it this one last time - in capitals.

YOU HAVE FREE SPEECH. YOU POST YOUR VIEWS. THEY ARE NOT CENSORED OR REMOVED. THEY ARE ALLOWED TO STAND.

That's not strictly true - go too far and things will be removed but we don't like to do it so it doesn't happen very often...

Oct 19, 2004
Hastings
Bozza said:
That's not strictly true - go too far and things will be removed but we don't like to do it so it doesn't happen very often...

I realise that but with gerbil's argument that you can't say anything against the club - you obviously can - it's just people don't agree with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here