Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What NSC'ers from days of yore do you miss?

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Here I am, basking in the glow that someone actually misses my boring posts. I shall wake in the morning and discover it was all an accident and my name has been removed from the list.

As my good mate Tricky correctly states I am keeping the wolf from the door, food on the table and in my spare time knitting mittens for mishapen dwarves from the planet Oberon, well someones got to do it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
elder for england :love:

she never did show up for our date in the roots hall away stand cafeteria

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
LI was a great poster. The thread posted above demonstrates a standard bit of NSC revisionism. Previous to actually reading it, this gets posted 'I don't think London Irish would ever recover from comparing the actions of Tony Bloom to that of Belotti, IIRC.' Read the thread of course and he does nothing of the sort, in fact he asks where TB's wealth comes from because one of his company's appears to not being doing well. Even on the thread itself he is roundly abused for even questioning it - for doing the very thing that our history has taught us to do. What a load of nonsense.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
I miss (from years back) Professor Peanut. Strangely, I also miss Ernest and Looney, the year ban was well over the top.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Professor Peanut became Prof P didn't he? Looney was OK but became tiresome in anything other than small doses.

Barnet Seagull, Sompting Seagull, and I wish Kylies Stunt Arse would post more often.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I had an off-NSC discussion with LI a while back and he generously donated to the NSC Kit Sponsorship pot. I think he's a good sort really and NSC is poorer for his absence.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Very disappointed that WW and TCB have evaporated as the season has got better an better. Only goes to prove that - for some inexplicable reason - those two were only happy when they had something to moan about. Shame.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I spend a lot of time on a gasman-impersonation forum nowadays taking some tips from some of the legends of the industry, planning my next old-person's-home heist. I entered the scene thinking it was the old women, those mauve-haired troglodytes forever in plastic wrapping, that would be the easiest to prey on, but it turns out it's the elderly gents who ache the loneliest and beg for the outskirts of company. They're eagerer to answer doors that ring and offer cups of tea they've run out of all but powdered milk to make in exchange for an ear that feigns listening and a single crooked smile. On entry, i look out for the likelihood of other potential visiters in the form of large-fonted appointment diaries left somewhere in the unkemptness, and ancient weapons either dangling from walls or hidden neath beds to be used against me when my job is in full flow. One can't keep a constant eye on the tied-up when scouring for loot, and i learnt from Tim "four-finger" Spitley about the dangers of turning to find a war veteran coming at you with a rusty scimitar. And there's often talk on June 16th of Arty Trowel, the forever-uncaught toolkitted master of disguise, whose name was all those in the trade new of thanks to his face being blown clean off by someone wilier than they appeared on that very date back in '06. There are rumours of his blunder - the possibility that the "old geezer" who took him and his face outmastered sly Arty and was no more than a rival wearing the cloth of a man beyond his years; and the one about a dash of over-confidence that made him forget the basics and underdose the drugged tea he fed his mostly-decrepid victims - but no one really knows. It's all just hearsay with Arty and his faginesque myth. Personally, i follow very simple rules, and they are as follows: 1 - have a batch of well-designed headed-paper that validates my visit. 2 - have the deepest of smiles on the face of the badge i deceptively wear and flash. 3 - always ask where the wife is today so that a lengthy and befuddled tale of tragedy and love-at-first-sight can rattle on as i mentally log areas of interest and value around the yellowed room. 4 - carry a selection of sweets from gobstoppers to toffee eclairs. 5 - hold a concealed weapon in case a dog comes at me. 6 - make a series of pretend phonecalls on my mobile to the manager, normally called Bill, to say i've spotted a leak and to send Derek down ASAP to get it sorted. With those, and the obvious oversized holdall of crowbars and blow-torches, i normally do quite well. In the last month i've done three places and collected over £700, mostly in smallchange. Admittedly, i earnt more lecturing at Brunel in Biomedical Science, but this give me more of a buzz.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Seriously, where does it come from, MB? Do you sit down and think about it or is it all stored up somewhere and it just comes flowing out?

I had an off-NSC discussion with LI a while back and he generously donated to the NSC Kit Sponsorship pot. I think he's a good sort really and NSC is poorer for his absence.

It was you who drove him away! I believe you called him a 'nasty piece of work'.

I think he is probably a good sort really, he just had a way of winding people up the wrong way with his patronising manner and inability to ever admit he was wrong on anything ever ever ever.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Commander;4035995It was you who drove him away! I believe you called him a 'nasty piece of work'. I think he is probably a good sort really said:
LI was great value, he trod on a few egos and made some posters apopleptic with rage, which in turn made GREAT reading, get him back Bozza :thumbsup:

He also had a great way with words.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here