Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What NSC'ers from days of yore do you miss?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
LI was great value, he trod on a few egos and made some posters apopleptic with rage, which in turn made GREAT reading, get him back Bozza :thumbsup:

He also had a great way with words.

Yea he was good entertainment. He was a bit of a cock though really, wasn't he?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Very disappointed that WW and TCB have evaporated as the season has got better an better. Only goes to prove that - for some inexplicable reason - those two were only happy when they had something to moan about. Shame.
Don't really miss them. Ok 99% of the time they were always wrong and it WAS funny when people would dig out their quotes a few months later to prove how wrong they were - but when they made the posts originally I found their general fug of negativity a bit depressing. Now as you say there's nothing to moan about so they've stopped posting.

:...

It was you who drove him away! I believe you called him a 'nasty piece of work'.

I think he is probably a good sort really, he just had a way of winding people up the wrong way with his patronising manner and inability to ever admit he was wrong on anything ever ever ever.
Spot on analysis. It's funny how his name STILL crops up about five years after he left. Proves he made an impression.

Oh, and to people who mentioned him, I'm sure most of you know that 'Anne-on-a-mouse' became the NSC legend 'Tom Hark Preston Park'

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Meades Ball, it's been said before but please write a blog. It will become my homepage.

Surprised to see my name there as I've been posting a fair bit recently. Then when I looked at the OP username I thought, I haven't seen him on here for ages. Always enjoyed his posts too. Guess we must just post in different threads all the time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"NSC legend"? Fucks sake Brovian, I thought you had to be younger than 25 to use the word "legend" as annoyingly flippantly as that. :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's a point - where have WW and TCB gone?

They still go to games, right?

Wasn't there some sort of incident involving one/both of them at a game? Perhaps a case of realising, finally, that there is not a nice neat line dividing online life and 'real life' any more.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"NSC legend"? Fucks sake Brovian, I thought you had to be younger than 25 to use the word "legend" as annoyingly flippantly as that. :lolol:
Just proving I'm down wid da kids! At least I didn't call him a 'Ledge'.

And whatever DID happen to old Barnet? I see you namechecked him as well.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Meades Ball, it's been said before but please write a blog. It will become my homepage.

Surprised to see my name there as I've been posting a fair bit recently. Then when I looked at the OP username I thought, I haven't seen him on here for ages. Always enjoyed his posts too. Guess we must just post in different threads all the time.

Like ships that pass in the night. I haven't been on here as much as I used to as I got royally fed up with life-draining negativity of WW and TCB and some of the newbie trolls, as well as not being able to get on here at work anymore. Things seem to be balancing out a bit again now though.

Glad I'm not the only one who misses LI.

And no Biscuit, Iwasn't joking, different strokes eh.

:lolol: Meades Ball you f***ing loon

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Simster,

Might change my name back to sb in that case!

The more bizarre fact is that I can't even remember why I changed in the
first place.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It would be like the good old days, sb: Quimster, sb, Barntit Seaweed, Hart's Shirt and of course MONG of Harveys all prattling on about sandwiches.

Except Albion aren't SHIT anymore. :down:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I could dust off my Bob Monkhouse joke compendium as well :)

That's as long as Barntit doesn't beat me to it.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Wasn't there some sort of incident involving one/both of them at a game? Perhaps a case of realising, finally, that there is not a nice neat line dividing online life and 'real life' any more.

Weren't they spat on or something at Charlton away? However unsavoury the incident, this place is better for it. You could tell WW especially almost wanted us to lose so he could post something inflamatory. He probably even knocked one off thinking about it.

I'd 2nd London Irish. He talked loads of bollocks (See any post Re : George Galloway) but his ability to wind up posters was a cracking read especially those who complained he used 'long words'

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Posted recently - musta bin in nick, or the hammock came unhooked

Gawd the cheek of it Nice Mr. H.
I leave the banter to you thrusting young Turks but chip in very occasionally when the surf is down and the mai tais (as Mumm astutely observed) permit.
Personally, I miss Harvey's witty everpresence, Hart's Shirt, Barnet, and not nearly enough Lush. I saw Gezza back the other day, which was nice.
OK, back to the Hammock. Keep the noise down, blasted kids.

And more sandwich threads, please.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
That's a point - where have WW and TCB gone?

They still go to games, right?

they do still go to games - indeed, both have only having missed a handful away from home this season. i think their absence can be put down more to the fact that now both have finished university and got jobs, they just dont have the time to spend sitting around on nsc anymore

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
they do still go to games - indeed, both have only having missed a handful away from home this season. i think their absence can be put down more to the fact that now both have finished university and got jobs, they just dont have the time to spend sitting around on nsc anymore

They were BOTH at UNIVERSITY?! No wonder the country's in the state it's in.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!

They were BOTH at UNIVERSITY?! No wonder the country's in the state it's in.

f*** me i thought they were both about 50 odd..... :wozza:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here