Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your "I was there" Albion occasion?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So many really, Wembley against Notts County - obviously not the correct result but as a young boy watching Brighton play at Wembley was really special. Bristol City at Cardiff was obviously amazing also.

I can't decide on my number one moment though between two games. One is the play off semi win against Swindon - the monsoon weather, the last kick minute equaliser, the chances Swindon (Mooney) missed, winning on penalties - it was just an incredible night.

My other game was the 3.1 win at St Marys. I know not many other fans will feel the same but I had waited years for that result! Growing up in Southampton supporting Brighton was not easy when they were in the top division and we were almost going out of the league. Drinking in town before and all the Saints fans were so so confident they were going to thrash us - they were on form and we had been dire. We played superbly and won comfortably in front of the TV cameras and the fact it was Gus' first match also made it that bit more special. The celebrations and drinks afterwards were thoroughly enjoyable and the whole day was just pretty great for me.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I was there at Wembley for the Cup final, and Highbury for the semi and every match on our run to final.
I was there at Cardiff for the playoff final.
I was there for Both Doncaster games and Spurs at Falmer.
I was there for Fans United and York City.
I was at Hereford.
I was at Wembley v Notts County in the play off Final.
I was at Liverpool last season in FA Cup 5th Rd
I was at Palarse when we won on Boxing Day in the early 80's

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Too many to mention, but Hereford and Doncaster (Amex) stand out.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
When we beat palace 4-0 in the playoff final at wembely 2013

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I was there for this

attachment.php

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
I was there at Wembley for the Cup final, and Highbury for the semi and every match on our run to final.
I was there at Cardiff for the playoff final.
I was there for Both Doncaster games and Spurs at Falmer.
I was there for Fans United and York City.
I was at Hereford.
I was at Wembley v Notts County in the play off Final.
I was at Liverpool last season in FA Cup 5th Rd
I was at Palarse when we won on Boxing Day in the early 80's

missed hereford still cant work out why? bad fan!!!

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
For me it has to be the first game at the withdean, i remember walking back to the pub after the 6-0 drubbing of mansfield and saying to my dad that this is a new chapter in are history, and that its nice to be home!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Anfield FA Cup 1983 and beating the Champions of Europe, and every Cup Match (and most home matches) that season.

But Doncaster at the Amex takes some beating - grown men will cry!!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Torquay vs Brighton. pre season friendly at Plainmoor. Graeme Smith in goal and Craig Davies got sent off after coming on as a sub. We lost 0-1.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Torquay vs Brighton. pre season friendly at Plainmoor. Graeme Smith in goal and Craig Davies got sent off after coming on as a sub. We lost 0-1.

Actually you sure it's not that time in the service station when my dad said that 'f**k**g MILLWALL' were coming!! lol

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Actually you sure it's not that time in the service station when my dad said that 'f**k**g MILLWALL' were coming!! lol

:laugh: that was a beauty! What game were we going to that that day? Was it Plymouth in the cup? What about the time we were in the minibus that your brother had hired (away to to Bournemouth in the cup. Cars were coming past beeping and Steve was waving away happily until he twigged they were Bournemouth fans and were in fact giving him the :tosser: gesture. :laugh: genius

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
:laugh: that was a beauty! What game were we going to that that day? Was it Plymouth in the cup? What about the time we were in the minibus that your brother had hired (away to to Bournemouth in the cup. Cars were coming past beeping and Steve was waving away happily until he twigged they were Bournemouth fans and were in fact giving him the :tosser: gesture. :laugh: genius

Lol that bus looked like the sunshine special with dave asleep dribbling down the window!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
:ascarf:Train back from newcastle:albion2: best train journey ever :ascarf:

and all those 100's waiting
I was so p*ssed I walked home to Fishergate and some had given me a poster so proud was I it was taped in the window and it took me numerous attempts to get it straight.
in the morning if I am right my daughter and I went to the Goldstone where they were digging up the pitch to relay it meeting my mates and going somewhere to have a breakfast at 2 pm and then when home having the fact that I had put the poster upside down.

great great days
never to be forgotten

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Winning at the Dell in 1982
Semi final and finals in 1883
The first demo outside the Labour Conference, "Prescott, Prescott give us a ground"
Cardiff 2004
Dagenham promotion game - knew it was the end of he old and the start of the new
Spurs & Donny games, tears in eyes, especially The Will Buckley moment!
Vicente taking Derby apart will Long live long in the memory
Loads of others!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I wasn't there but HovaBoy had a trial for the Albion in his yoof.
And we bought a house from The Albion.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Lots and lots and lots. Newcastle '79 from a football point of view.

But I'll go with the Mansfield game. I was one of those who walked across the pitch at halftime and occupied the West Stand seats. When Denny Mundee scored that equalising penalty, it felt like a win and at the end of the season if he'd missed we would have been relegated and probably gone out of business. Fans United and Hereford were more memorable, but it felt like we turned the tide that day and empowered the fans. It wasn't the beginning of the end of the struggles, but it was the end of the beginning.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here