Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is your "I was there" Albion occasion?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Liverpool away when we came back from 2-0 down to get a 2-2. Proper mental scenes when jonny Byrne got the 2nd.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Chester away 1997. We got wind that Bellotti was in their directors' box and tried to kick his car in.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
For me of all the great moments I have been part of with the Albion, I think the stand out would be the whole Newcastle promotion game, including the train back with the players....... awesome experience, arriving at Brighton station at two in the morning, thousands waiting to cheer the team, and Teddy Maybank falling out of the train drunk as a skunk.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Although Wembley in 1983, the play-off final at the Mill Stad, and the Donny game at the Amex were wonderful experiences, for me without doubt THE most important game was definitely Hereford away.

I've always thought that was a real "do or die" game and I'm so glad I was there, even though it was bloody agony to watch. We were probably finished as a club if we had lost.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Drawing 1-1 at home to Sudbury town in the FA cup 1st round replay 1986 then losing the penalty shoot out 4-3 in front of around 4,000 at the goldstone one of the most painful nights I can remember OH YES I WAS THERE OCCASION , but it's those memories & defeats supporting your club that make all the victory's taste so much sweeter

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton 1-5 Millwall @ Pissfield

Could have been the most depressing evening there ever was but for some dark humour amongst the support. Outnumbered by Millwall.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Semi final
Wembley 3 times
Millennium stadium 1
Liverpool 0:1 & 1:2
Forest 0:1 Ryan
Man utd away 2:2

Loads of others

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Hereford.

Fans United, Gull's Eye campaigning, Samrah's investigative work, protests, pitch invasions, bar-snapping vs. York, our forced eviction from our spiritual home, a Phoenix-like resurrection in home form that saw us claw back a chance (just a chance) of redemption in a winner-takes-all last day fixture against our hosts... Sorry, but in terms of preamble and conclusion nothing comes close. We prevailed at Hereford and it was the end of our beginning.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Hereford away for me, minibus from the down under bar, being so pissed it took me days to recover, standing on the fence all match, sorry to everyone who couldn't see.....and staying up. Mansfield at home that has been said, Bournemouth game on TV in FA Cup also showed our desperation.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I have a few

Last game at the goldstone against doncaster & that Stuart storer goal
Anfield in 91 & coming back from 2.0 down against the best team in the land at the time to draw 2.2
First game at the Amex against Doncaster again
Pretty much the same for me as although I was at Anfield in 83 when we won in the F A Cup. Great great day

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Losing to Kingstonian :facepalm:

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
Done most of the big games like Wembley x3, Cardiff, Donny x2 but one moment that I'm thrilled to have witnessed was Gary Hart scoring the first ever goal at the Amex in the senior cup final. Thought he deserved that.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Cracking day that, went on some random shitty old coach.........

Don't know if it was 97 but I remember going to Chester and getting on a coach at 2am departing from west street after the clubs were closing (think it was a double decker coach) arrived in Chester around 6:45 in the morning with the police waiting for us , just told us to behave ourselves and have a good day:rolleyes:

Think the score was 2-2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here