Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is it with fuckin Brighton fans?

Cliques? What cliques?

Does agreeing with someone create a clique? Do two people disagreeing with someone else make another clique?

The only cliques I see on Albion message boards are people who post in other places and try to give the impression that there is mileage in trying to attack or wind up "NSC". As if NSC was some sort of monolith.

Fortunately it isn't.

Richie Morris said:
Im not saying that at all and yes I know someone people to talk crap that should be challenged

but

I consider Uncle Buck to be one of the most football savv posters on here and whenever he suggests that perhaps the team could be improved in certain ways he is told to 'shut up and be happy we won'.

So now we come down to it. A few people disagree when someone slags off a player and now you start a thread about Brighton Fans. Nothing like being tarred with the same brush, eh? Have a word with the guy who wrote the atricle for The Sun about Millwall - he may have a job for you.

BTW - why is it OK for you to find Uncle Buck football savvie and other people to find him unsavvy? (I have no view either way here as I don't know about the thread and people in question. Just playing devil's advocate)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Richie Morris said:
Im not saying that at all and yes I know someone people to talk crap that should be challenged

but

I consider Uncle Buck to be one of the most football savv posters on here and whenever he suggests that perhaps the team could be improved in certain ways he is told to 'shut up and be happy we won'.

Again i agree- The team was so so so luckey in the West Ham game and Forest game and if you mention that you are told to shut up

Albion Rob

Richie Morris said:
I love how everyone feels the need to tell me I will make a crap journalist on the evidence of what I post on a football message board.

How insightful you all are.

In a strange twist of fate, NSC has had a massive effect on my career. Two posters in particular will know exactly what I'm talking about - one who fired me up so much that I was desperate to succeed and the other a guiding hand through the choppy waters you sometimes encounter.

As far as spelling etc are concerned. By and large people can tell a genuine typo from genarally poor use of English. Some people on here are looking over their shoulders constantly to check the boss is not watching while others have the time and inclination to read their posts before posting.

I have to say though, it would be a good idea for you to always read your posts back, for the sake of getting into good habits if nothing else.

Albion Rob

Lord Bracknell said:
Cliques? What cliques?

Does agreeing with someone create a clique? Do two people disagreeing with someone else make another clique?

The only cliques I see on Albion message boards are people who post in other places and try to give the impression that there is mileage in trying to attack or wind up "NSC". As if NSC was some sort of monolith.

Fortunately it isn't.

I'm not sure what is being implied here. Are you suggesting the stumpy ginger lad and his mates hanging around by the fruitie are anything to do with this?

:jester: :jester:

Last edited:

kinkygerbil said:
Again i agree- The team was so so so luckey in the West Ham game and Forest game and if you mention that you are told to shut up

Maybe, because a lot of people, like me, believe that it wasn't luck. It was months of hard work by MM and his coaches and a sterling effort by 11 players who were matched against higher quality players.

You are stating your views as fact and then complaining that people are as good as lying when they disagree.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Great Cornholio said:
Maybe, because a lot of people, like me, believe that it wasn't luck. It was months of hard work by MM and his coaches and a sterling effort by 11 players who were matched against higher quality players.

You are stating your views as fact and then complaining that people are as good as lying when they disagree.

If they had a decent striker they would have won

Albion Rob

The Great Cornholio said:

I dunno man, if that shot from Harewood hadn't hit the post we may have been in real trouble. That was a bit lucky.

Having said that, we didn't let them create much else and you do create your own luck.

Yeah, we were good that day.

kinkygerbil said:
If they had a decent striker they would have won

You don't get it do you? That bears no relation to fact at all. And yet you present it as such. No-one would complain if you said you thought we were lucky or you thought we would have lost if West Ham had a good striker. But you portray your views as fact and then attack people who disagree. Which is exactly the reverse of what you are complaining about.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Richie, could it just be that you have been spending more time on here lately, so everything seems to have blown up out of all proportion? I don't things have got any worse recently.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Richie Morris said:
Also on here it seems that:

- There are only certain people who are allowed to voice an oppinion on something. Anyone else tries it, they get shot down.
- If people ask something about Falmer that they dont know, they get ridiculed for not knowing it and treated as if they are somehow inferior fans because of this. That takes the piss.
- There are only certain posters who are allowed to post 'funny' posts and when they do EVERYONE has to laugh at them and heaven forbid anyone who points out that they are even unfunny or pointless.
- If certain people post information that has already been posted then they are slated. If someone else does it then the lynch mob conveniently forget its already on the board.

POINTING OUT SOMEONE HAS SPELT SOMETHING WRONG IS QUITE POSSIBLY THE UNFUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN.
i agree
some off them are like kids taking there footballs home
there is a bully element on here

Albion Rob

Lord Bracknell said:
Since I knew his DAD twenty years ago, I always have difficulty in thinking of him as an ADULT.

:lolol:

edited to correct a TYPO :eek:

I don't know his dad but have the same problem.

:D

Judging by your use of CAPITALS, you have certain sympathies with this renegade group.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here