Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is it with fuckin Brighton fans?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have a lot of sympathy with some of what you say Richie - the problem is that it's no-win, always has been on here. If you let loose on those that really and consistently annoy you, you look a right tit and guilty of all the things you're accusing them of. Best not, on balance, apart from the odd tirade on a particular thread.

So basically if NSC winds you up too much 1) Stop altogether or 2) take a vacation – before the nuclear option of 3) completely lay into the 'superfans'. even if they deserve it.

And don't worry about Irish, he's a pussycat :lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I know that by starting this thread it leaves myself open to a lot of abuse but as I said, I was not really thinking of myself here, more the new posters who get slated and the few people who dont 'post in packs' that get picked on.

Some of the people on here are very sad if the highlight of their day is making someone they have never met feel bad about having a word in a post not spelt correctly or not knowing some small detail about Falmer.

:nono:

Richie Morris said:
That means that any other fan who shows the slightest signs of constructive criticism with one of the players is automatically slated for being not a good fan.

I am also surprised by exactly how little the majority of football fans actually know about football.

The worst characteristic of Brighton fans however is the dogmatic superfan idea and the way that so many believe somehow they are better fans either because they have a season ticket, have been watching the club for longer or are London Irish.

(I am not talking about On The Left Wing here, who I think is a legend).

Also the really sad sniping from many of the older posters on here is quite tragic.

Lets be fair, who really gives a flying f*** whether someone spells a word wrong or misses out some punctuation. I know I do not.

I just find it very sad that it seems a lot of the fans that used this site use it as a means of making themselves feel all important, witty and popular.

Rant over.

What if the "constructive criticism" is a load of old bollocks? Are people supposed to sit back and allow it to pass for fear of offending? What a nice, sanitised forum that would make.

You complain about this but are happy when people squeal their human rights are being violated because someone disagreed with them and have interfered with their "free speech".

Admittedly, some people go over the top but so what?

Get a grip man. It's a internet forum. There is supposed to be heated debate. Some journo you will make if this is your outlook.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I love how everyone feels the need to tell me I will make a crap journalist on the evidence of what I post on a football message board.

How insightful you all are.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Which new posters have been attacked?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kev has got his own forum and voted the best poster - hardly being attacked

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Great Cornholio said:
Not on what you post on this board. On what you have posted on this thread. No-one is allowed to challenge a view. Does that make a good journalist?

I have never said people cannot challenge views. Rather that every time certain people post they are shot down for not agreeing with the cliques.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
or they are told their posts are patronising

Richie Morris said:
I have never said people cannot challenge views. Rather that every time certain people post they are shot down for not agreeing with the cliques.

What complete and utter bollocks. Has it never crossed your mind that these "certain" people either have crap views that do not tally with the majority or that they are on a permanent wind up?

The cry of clique is very tired and lame. Do you seriously believe that people on here act like political parties and toe the party line. Is London Irish a whip? Or could it be that some people vigourously defend their point of view?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Im not saying that at all and yes I know someone people to talk crap that should be challenged

but

I consider Uncle Buck to be one of the most football savv posters on here and whenever he suggests that perhaps the team could be improved in certain ways he is told to 'shut up and be happy we won'.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
What I don't understand is how people can tell if a post is patronising?

In conversation with someone you can hear their tone of voice.
All you are looking at is typed words.

You could be reading something in a completely different context to the way the poster intended....

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yorkie said:

You could be reading something in a completely different context to the way the poster intended....

I guess the same way some people automatically assume that whilst typing my orginal post I was angry and jumping up and down in a rage.

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
Yorkie said:

If someone types in italics it sometimes seems patronising.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here