Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What GAMES are you playing at the moment?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Angry Birds & FM11 - currently consoleless atm

Same here. I have resorted to FM11 which I have surprisingly become very addicted to.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Fifa 11 online, Black Ops online. Playstation 3. Hale-9.
I play nothing else. Add me. But be warned :wink:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Civi 5 any good thinking of getting it

Civ 5 had major teething problems. Diplomacy was f***ed and it was almost impossible to win in any other way apart from warmongering. Recent patches seem to have improved it somewhat so I would say that unless you're a completely hardcore Civ 4 addict, you'll probably really enjoy it.

It certainly still has the *look at the clock* "oh shit it's 4AM!" factor for me.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. Really realistic, but sometimes that can be it's downfall as sometimes it can be near impossible to compete. More a tactical war game than full on action like your call of duties and battlefields. I recommend it but only if you have patience.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
From what I've heard, Mass Effect 3 is a lot more RPG-ish than ME2, more like ME1, with attachments back for your weapons, and of course the return of everyone's favourite squadmates like the Virmire Survivor, Liara, Garrus (if he didn't like, y'know at the end of ME2) and Mordin, Legion can be in it.

Seriously STOKED for it. Kinect is involved as well, so you can tell your squaddies what to do with your VOICE :O Apparently, instead of just getting help from the two squadmates you choose to go with you on the mission, you get voice messages from Mordin in the lab or Legion etc. so it is very much more of a TEAM feel rather than just the three.

:thumbsup:

I hope so. Dragon Age 2 was essentially ruined by EA. You could really feel the tendrils of corporate "make it appeal to the console market so we can sell more shit" decision making.

Hoping for some more Mordin amusement in ME3.....

[yt]pxrO5-HPIAw[/yt]

And anyone that ever worked for NTL/Virgin would agree with this happy chappy........

[yt]BpzTRGGGB-k[/yt]

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Yep, achievements are crap. How are you supposed to get 16 people in a party to do a game with you without tapping up randomers on the internet, don't have time for that at all.

Yeah I managed to get that achievement soon after release by going on the achievements sight but it is a bit ridiculous. It seems to have not only copied COD in the gameplay but tried to in the achievements as well and failed in that as well. Completing each mission without dying or failing the mission was way too annoying for me especially when you have to watch the long boring cut scenes over and over again.

Anyway I traded this game in ages ago lol :)

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Currently making a league 1 team on Fifa 11 Ultimate Team and would love to get a team of the week Bennett in as he is a 73 overall RW but simply don't have the funds for this. I'm playing a 4-3-3 and my team is:

Joe Lewis - Peterborough

Lewington - Mk Dons
Fonte - scc
Beevers - Wednesday
Otsemobor - Wednesday He has 86 pace and is rapid :)

McCann - Peterborough
Coke - Wednesday
Hollands - Bournemouth

Boyd - Peterborough
Easter/ Ecclestone/ Lambert/ CMS
Taylor - Oldham or KLL

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I hope so. Dragon Age 2 was essentially ruined by EA. You could really feel the tendrils of corporate "make it appeal to the console market so we can sell more shit" decision making.
I thought DA2 (although not perfect) was miles better than DA. Still rather have a sequel to Jade Empire though (and, indeed, ME3).

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Civi 5 any good thinking of getting it

I've just got it and am playing through a campaign. Still has that "just one more turn" feel, though aspects of the game are simplified from earlier versions. Combat much changed as units are no longer stackable so calls for a little different strategic thinking.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I've been playing Black Ops, Fifa11 and LA Noire. This year for games will be simply amazing. Drakes Fortune 3, Batman Arkham City, Fifa 12, Battlefield 3, COD Modern Warfare 3. Game of the year will be Batman Arkham City, check it out because this should be absolutely amazing. Espically after what Rocksteady did with Arkham Asylum, this is going to be right up there.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

Hoping for some more Mordin amusement in ME3.....

[yt]pxrO5-HPIAw[/yt]

And anyone that ever worked for NTL/Virgin would agree with this happy chappy........

[yt]BpzTRGGGB-k[/yt]

Tremendous amounts of love for Mordin

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I must confess that as much as I LOVE Mass Effect 2 I've not actually gotten to the end yet. After getting REALLY irritated by a stupid spacecraft level I gave it a rest and haven't yet been back to it HOWEVER the Mordin videos above have made me feel I need to plough back into it because ultimately it's an awesome game.

I understand you can have commander Shepard get his way with a number of the female characters. I've so far been chatting up Kelly, the broad on the bridge deck who tells you about new emails, and I did spend an enjoyable evening with her in my quarters BUT does anyone know if I'm gonna get anywhere further with her AND do I still get a chance with some of the other skirts?

ALSO there're a couple of mentions for Crysis 2 on this thread and I must admit I know pretty much jack all about this game. Is it any good single player? I rarely get into the online side of first person shooters but if the single player campaign is as good as something like Killzone 3 or Half Life 2 then it might be worth dipping into.

Out of interest has anyone gotten into Final Fantasy XIII? I gave it a good bash when it came out but have largely given up on it since the battles started getting repetitive and I've not since found the motivation to see it through to the end. It always seems a shame to own games I've never finished but sometimes the desire just isn't there

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I must confess that as much as I LOVE Mass Effect 2 I've not actually gotten to the end yet. After getting REALLY irritated by a stupid spacecraft level I gave it a rest and haven't yet been back to it HOWEVER the Mordin videos above have made me feel I need to plough back into it because ultimately it's an awesome game.

I understand you can have commander Shepard get his way with a number of the female characters. I've so far been chatting up Kelly, the broad on the bridge deck who tells you about new emails, and I did spend an enjoyable evening with her in my quarters BUT does anyone know if I'm gonna get anywhere further with her AND do I still get a chance with some of the other skirts?

ALSO there're a couple of mentions for Crysis 2 on this thread and I must admit I know pretty much jack all about this game. Is it any good single player? I rarely get into the online side of first person shooters but if the single player campaign is as good as something like Killzone 3 or Half Life 2 then it might be worth dipping into.

Out of interest has anyone gotten into Final Fantasy XIII? I gave it a good bash when it came out but have largely given up on it since the battles started getting repetitive and I've not since found the motivation to see it through to the end. It always seems a shame to own games I've never finished but sometimes the desire just isn't there

I don't think Kelly is a proper Love Interest so you may be able to get it on with another. I think my first Shep went for Tali, my second Shep went for Miranda, and my two FemSheps are on their way to Garrus and Thane :3

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here