Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What food do you find VILE ?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Mushrooms. Taste, smell, texture, everything about them is disgusting, they make me physically retch when I even smell them frying. They look, particularly when cooked, like fried slugs or some similar mollusc, and the taste is straight from Satan's mouth itself.

Also can't stand the taste of aniseed - who the hell likes that vileness?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I'm one of those people who has to check a box of chocolates VERY carefully indeed, as the sheer horror of accidentally biting into a coffee cream would warrant me spitting it out everywhere, regardless of the company.

It's Turkish Delight for me, Ed. Is there anybody who doesn't think it tastes of perfume? I won't touch a box of choccies without the map thingy, in case one of them is a lurking Turkish 'Delight'.

Parsnips for me...especially when I was a kid. What parent would put these vile vegetables on their child's plate cutting them up to look like chips. :sick:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's Turkish Delight for me, Ed. Is there anybody who doesn't think it tastes of perfume? I won't touch a box of choccies without the map thingy, in case one of them is a lurking Turkish 'Delight'.

I know what you mean, it's still not as bad as coffee for my money, but one I would avoid, nonetheless.

Give me a box of Quality Street and it's the strawberry creams gone first, followed by the toffee chocolate fingers, the toffee penny, the orange/dark chocolate cream, the hazelnut in caramel, chocolate caramels and the fudge.

Inevitably last- and usually left in the box- would have to be the green triangle things, the blue ones (some kind of coconut??) and obviously any with coffee in.

Mmmm, chocolate...my childhood ambition, aside from being an astronaut, obviously, was to live long enough to see Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory made reality, and to go on the guided tour
:lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I know what you mean, it's still not as bad as coffee for my money, but one I would avoid, nonetheless.

Give me a box of Quality Street and it's the strawberry creams gone first, followed by the toffee chocolate fingers, the toffee penny, the orange/dark chocolate cream, the hazelnut in caramel, chocolate caramels and the fudge.

Inevitably last- and usually left in the box- would have to be the green triangle things, the blue ones (some kind of coconut??) and obviously any with coffee in.

Mmmm, chocolate...my childhood ambition, aside from being an astronaut, obviously, was to live long enough to see Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory made reality, and to go on the guided tour
:lolol:

Funny how many people dislike coffee. I personally cannot stand tea in any form apart from Herbal, tome it is disgusting. However when I was in the US it used to baffle them to meet an Englishman who didn't drink tea.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Beetroot. Disgusting veg, disgusting colour, stains everything it touches, food or non-food. An Aussie Burger is a burger with added beetroot. Foul beyond compare :sick:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
uncooked tomatoes, cooked tomatoes ( although I really like it in food bizzarely) Its just solid ones that revolt me.

anything now that has an abundance of fat in it!

that is what comes of dieting

I don't know whether this stuff was sold all over the UK, or just in Newport. But when I was a kid, we used to drink lemonade with a label that read:- VILE MINERAL WATER.

If I remember correctly, it was made by a firm called Vile Brothers.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
..and coming in milk is a close second

I don't think I would be able to eat my Weetabix if they were covered in a semi-skimmed/jizz combo to be fair.

I would like to mention LIVER, TRIPE and other OFFAL related meatstuffs. Special mention on the Marmite of vegetables, SPROUTS

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Celery and walnuts. Everything else I love.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im very surprised at some here, sweet potato and parsnip are the absolute daddy veg in my book.

but glad im in common company with many others. Cucumber, tastes a bit crap not really of much but has awful texture. Rubarb is the same.
Liver is so vile that not only is the smell repulsive but the mere presence of it in the kitchen turns otherwise delicious foods like bacon into stomach churners.
i also have an intense yet slightly irrational dislike of kidney beans, a food that has to be boiled twice lest it kills you - wtf is that about? irrational because i like all other beans.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blancmange (especially if it has skin and dessicated coconut on it) and tapioca actually make me wretch.

Vegetables? Can't stand roast parsnips or sweet potatoes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here