Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What club do your KIDS support ?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Leeds.

The oldest two have their own season tickets and go to almost all home games. And a lot of the away games.

My son is pretty passionate about it, my daughter goes I think because she doesn't want to miss out on doing something. She's not too fussed.

My son once flirted with being an Arse fan but we told him that is fine, but we will not fund any tickets, shirts, merchandise whereas we provide everything for Leeds. He saw the light and stuck with us! That probably amounts to child abuse but hey ho!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Little bulldog has been a Chelsea fan since he first knew what a football was but he's growing to love the Albion as well, He's started to nag me to go to Albion matches now so we're heading in the right direction. Took him to Gillingham last week for his 1st away game and he loved most of it except for the stand we sat in! All the way there i'm telling him how good it will be to sit in a proper stand for a change and what do we get? F**king scaffold with no roof again! He enjoyed the 3 points though!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Dave the Gaffer said:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

It really fucks me off this "holier than though" attitude that is prevalent at the moment and its not just Brighton fans. It appears that if you havent had an owner screw you or your ground sold or had the board speak to you directly, you are somehow not a "true fan"

bollocks bollocks bollocks. Is this the same man who was applauding the Leeds fan for the way the premiershite was screwing footie.

My son is a truer fan than his Chelski supporting mates. He goes to games, he supports his local club and can name the team. He supports the Albion because he genuinely likes them not because he basks in the reflected glory of a club that BUYS its way to victory.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
cjd said:
It,s either Brighton & Hove Albion.........or pack your bags and leave..!

Simple really.

Correct answer. I have done everything in my powers to make sure both my children are Seagulls supporters. There is no other option. Must confess it is difficult though when all their friends support premiership rubbish and Withdean is so crap.

And thats the 1000th post. Wish I'd made it a better one now. :(

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Dave the Gaffer said:
[
I am sure young kids living in Brighton have asked their Dads to go and see these demonic premier sides and have become hooked.. what is so wrong with that? So for all the " I hate Sky " bollocks, perhaps there are people out there who actually like Sky and have made decisions to go and watch a sport they may not have bothered about...is that so wong? [/B]

David

The kids become hooked on the stimulation provided by Sky coverage and the fact that they have a 'badge' to preen over and laud against other kids.

I doubt if many get hooked by being taken to Stamford Bridge et al. The once in a lifetime or at worst season trip to watch the glorious 4 play is usually a birthday treat. It is the icing on the cake so to speak.

'See son this is a proper stadium. With a proper team' ' No I don't know who that sub is!'

:(

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Buzzer said:
bollocks bollocks bollocks. Is this the same man who was applauding the Leeds fan for the way the premiershite was screwing footie.

My son is a truer fan than his Chelski supporting mates. He goes to games, he supports his local club and can name the team. He supports the Albion because he genuinely likes them not because he basks in the reflected glory of a club that BUYS its way to victory.

hang on a minute...... BUYS its way to victory?

So when we got to the Cup Final in 1983 with a team that had been bought through the transfer system we BOUGHT our way there did we?

Yes there will always be people who chose to watch as good a football as they can afford, and in my eyes there is no problem with that. What the Leeds guy was saying is that he thought that the premiership had sold its soul and had become little more than a freak show. Again I cannot disagree with that. however to somehow suggest that because you are a fan of a team like manu or Chelsea or reading makes you a plastic fan, when they may be as passionate about there team as some are about Brighton is churlish.

That was all..

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dave the Gaffer said:
no getting on with some work remarkably

:salute: :salute: :salute:
Bugger :(

:)kiss: :wave:)

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Dave the Gaffer said:
hang on a minute...... BUYS its way to victory?

So when we got to the Cup Final in 1983 with a team that had been bought through the transfer system we BOUGHT our way there did we?

The principle is buying the best available, money being no option. We bought what we thought was the best that we could afford.

Now who was in that team, can someone fill in the gaps

Moseley Bought [ ]
Ramsey from ranks or free Trans
Stevens free from Ipswich
Grealish swap for Nobby
Howlett free
Robinson Bought [ ]
Smith Bought £400k
Pearce Bought [ ] from Barnet not much I would imagine
Smillie Swap for Gary William
Case Swap for Lawro (plus cash)
Forgotten the last bloke.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Dave the Gaffer said:
No not at all....where i live in Mile Oak around the corner from me are a family who all support Chelsea...their cars are adorned with chelsea kits, they go home and away, are Season Ticket holders. Accross the road, the family are Arsenal fans who likewise go home and away. they enjoy their football, they do it as a family and Yes their kids walk around in Chelsea and Arsenal shirts.

So according to the arguments above, they should somehow be forced to watch Brighton because they live here? Why? they are all Brightonians, but they dont give a monkeys about Brighton...why should they? If people want o support their local team than good luck to them, if they dont then again, fine.

There are two differing views here. MY view (and that of many people on this thread) is that a football club is more than just a commodity and should be something with roots in a community: somewhere to go to with your mates or your family. That view is what's prompted the Albion to call Falmer a 'community stadium'. OK, that's a bit of marketing hype - but at least you can see where they're coming from.

Your view is that people should be free to choose whosoever they want to support and local roots have nothing to do with it. In other words, choosing a football is as emotional as choosing what supermarket to go to or what car to buy. Fair enough; if that's people's choice, it's a free country.

But I maintain that choosing a club on such a basis is an emotionless one - what's there to keep them supporting the club in the bad times? Where's the attachment? Where's the concept of enjoying something with your mates?

Supporting such clubs is a bit like having sex with a high-class hooker; she looks fantastic and you have a superficially good time. But you're left with a big hole in your bank account and a feeling that you should have stuck with the girl next door. :)

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Dave the Gaffer said:
No not at all....where i live in Mile Oak around the corner from me are a family who all support Chelsea...their cars are adorned with chelsea kits, they go home and away, are Season Ticket holders. Accross the road, the family are Arsenal fans who likewise go home and away. they enjoy their football, they do it as a family and Yes their kids walk around in Chelsea and Arsenal shirts.

So according to the arguments above, they should somehow be forced to watch Brighton because they live here? Why? they are all Brightonians, but they dont give a monkeys about Brighton...why should they? If people want o support their local team than good luck to them, if they dont then again, fine.

And to use your final argument, fans that support Brighton are "better" fans than those who dont? How do you possibly work that one out?

If you are a 'Brightonian', as you say, you SHOULD give a f*** about your local team if you 'care' about football.

Using your arguement, lower league football would simply cease to exist because everyone would hop in their 4x4s and drive to watch the 'big four'.

No-one should be 'forced' to do anything they don't want to do but when it comes to the bigger picture, and the prosperity and future of this fanastic sport, then people should 'support' their local team.

And, yes, Chelsea did 'buy' the title. It's f***ing obvious; they spent half a billion pounds. That's right, half a billion. How on earth does that compare to a few £500,000 signings when we reached the Cup final. Completely different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here