Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What club do your KIDS support ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Perry Milkins said:
The principle is buying the best available, money being no option. We bought what we thought was the best that we could afford.

Now who was in that team, can someone fill in the gaps
Moseley Bought [ ]
Ramsey from ranks or free Trans
Stevens free from Ipswich
Grealish swap for Nobby
Howlett free
Robinson Bought [ ]
Smith Bought £400k
Pearce Bought [ ] from Barnet not much I would imagine
Smillie Swap for Gary William
Case Swap for Lawro (plus cash)
Forgotten the last bloke.

I appreciate that , but the last few months we have been bemoaning the fact that we have not spent any money on players.....if we had brought in 11 players at say £1 each ( all that we can afford probably) then would we be no better than Chelsea or Arsenal, or Tottenham or Palace who have bought their squad?

There are very few clubs - I think Crewe are probably the only ones I can think of - who do not dabble in the transfer market heavily ( apart from players out).

Whatever people think about what Liz said about the soul of the club, I think if the next owners who come in give funds to buy better players and this team is completely replaced and go on a run that who knows could end in the Premiership, I am not sure how many people will be wailing and gnashing their teeth and suggesting all we have done is BOUGHT our way out of trouble.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Dave the Gaffer said:
I appreciate that , but the last few months we have been bemoaning the fact that we have not spent any money on players.....if we had brought in 11 players at say £1 each ( all that we can afford probably) then would we be no better than Chelsea or Arsenal, or Tottenham or Palace who have bought their squad?

There are very few clubs - I think Crewe are probably the only ones I can think of - who do not dabble in the transfer market heavily ( apart from players out).

Whatever people think about what Liz said about the soul of the club, I think if the next owners who come in give funds to buy better players and this team is completely replaced and go on a run that who knows could end in the Premiership, I am not sure how many people will be wailing and gnashing their teeth and suggesting all we have done is BOUGHT our way out of trouble.

I, for one, have no problem with careful expenditure and team building on a par with most other clubs culminating in a successful run.. What is distasteful is the 'money no object' approach as a fast track to success. Now we are talking about Chelsea here although the other three bandy money around in figures that Brighton could not fit on thier casio 'Big Thumbs' calculator.

I think we are getting away from the point here though. as I recall it was not getting narked at the 'easy approach' to football gratification.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
My daughter is an Albionj supporter... I know this because her face always lights up when I shout 'Seagullllllls!!!' Of course, at thne months she really doesn't have much choice......

Can we please hurry up and have Seagulls TV so my daughter can watch live matches of the Albion over here.... or she may end up supporting a Turkish team :ohmy: :ohmy:

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
My son and step daughter are Albion fans. Which isn't bad considering they were not brought up in Brighton. Step sons don't like football they like Man Utd :D Step Grandson supports Crawley Town, Brighton and Man utd and a host of other teams :lolol:

As for my new grandaughter. Think she will be an Albion fan :D

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Dave the Gaffer said:

Palace have got a few really promising young players on the fringe of the first team now Rhoys Wiggins, Dave Martin (who has already made a couple of sub apps for the first team), Lewis Grabban (likewise) and the jewel in the crown Victor Moses who signed pro forms on Saturday. I am really hoping these lads make the breakthrough next season it will make a refreshing change to see local talent make the team instead of as you say continually throwing money at players that more often than not are no better than what you have got already!

Out of four kids, i have managed to get two and a half Albion supporters.

No 1 son is hooked for life and had better remain so if he wants to keep using my season ticket.

No 2 daughter is also a lifelong supporter despite having a boyfriend who has tried to convert her to Chelsea, but I think she's more likely to convert him than the other way round (at least as a second team)

No 1 daughter is the half - not committed but then she isn't committed to any other team either. She just split up with her boyfriend (an Arsenal supporter) so I'm hoping she'll meet a nice Albion guy so between us we can turn the half into a whole. Any takers?

And no 2 son doesn't support anyone (except himself!) At least we've been able to get him to drop the Spurs nonsense but can't get him any closer to the Albion. I blame his mother.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Palace have got a few really promising young players on the fringe of the first team now Rhoys Wiggins, Dave Martin (who has already made a couple of sub apps for the first team), Lewis Grabban (likewise) and the jewel in the crown Victor Moses who signed pro forms on Saturday. I am really hoping these lads make the breakthrough next season it will make a refreshing change to see local talent make the team instead of as you say continually throwing money at players that more often than not are no better than what you have got already!

Brought in by Taylor?

1066gull

(Finally discovered my username was NOT deleted, just renamed to something I didn't know:angry: )

This topic is a bit premature for me. Can I bump it in around 15 years time?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
SJ's Love Monkey said:
If i was Jordan i wouldn't give Taylor another penny to waste! No these youngsters have come through the youth set up.

:thumbsup:

Nothing more pleasing than seeing a local lad come good. We've had to do it out of necessity but pleasing nonetheless.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Victor being an England U17 player and scored a cheeky goal with a back heel from 20 yards so I read. :clap2: :clap2:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Croydonbloke said:
Victor being an England U17 player and scored a cheeky goal with a back heel from 20 yards so I read. :clap2: :clap2:

:ohmy:

back heel from 20 yards? That's not just cheeky, that's cheeky girls on a cheeky holiday cheeky.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Buzzer said:
:thumbsup:

Nothing more pleasing than seeing a local lad come good. We've had to do it out of necessity but pleasing nonetheless.

Absolutely, there is a real buzz (no pun intended :D ) around Victor Moses big things really expected of him which can be dangerous but by all accounts he is a special talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here