Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What club do your KIDS support ?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
if i had kids then straight away albion will be FORCED upon them. if they felt they had to choose a prem team then i will very eagerly point them in the deirection of the mighty arsenal who ive supported since i was 5.

supporting is an ADDICTION and i know for fact i will always support both for as long as im around.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
My 14 year old son is a Barnsley season ticket holder. He was born there & still lives there with his Dad & sister. I'm proud that he has supported his local team.

Emily is of course an Albion fan. When your name is Emily Dianne Albion Joy Burke, it's a good thing she is an Albion fan! Bless her, she is very proud of her name & comes home from school saying things like "I've had to tell school off again as they've missed Albion off my name again"!

She knows all the songs & even used the F word in a chant at the tender age of 22 months:lolol:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
My 6 year old son supports :albion: I spend a small fortune on replica kit etc to keep him interested and he has been to a few matches now.

The biggest problem is that he keeps trying to tell me he also supports Chelsea but so far I have kept him in stripes.

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
My sons came home from Primary School thinking that they supported Manchester United.

Not too much of a problem you might think as we live in South Manchester.

However a bit of assetive parenting and free tickets from school and I managed to convert them to their local side Stockport.

At the time Stockport were in the first division and we were in the basement so making them Brighton fans wasn't too attractive.

They have been to a few Brighton away games (including the play-off final) and always enjoy the atmosphere, and on the plus side for me, I have been to Accrington in the last few weeks, and I may get to go to Cardiff at the end of the season.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I grew up as a ManUre supporter (I went to school in Oxford, so only natural), idolizing Eric Cantona, Peter Schmeichel and Andrei Kanchelskis.

Back when we were at the Goldstone, my cousin used to work for the club and would take me to watch games when we came down to visit. I became hooked quickly enough, with the ManUre stuff going out of the window (although it doesn't change my admiration for the players I mentioned, particularly Eric with the whole 'kung-fu' thing on the Palarse fan).

When we moved down here permanently (in 2000) I went to Withdean as much as possible (although that wasn't very often), and I now find myself with a Brighton & Hove Albion tattoo on my shoulder, and coming to the end of my first (of many) years as an STH.

Safe to say now that whatever else might change in my life, my love for the Albion never ever will (although Barcelona are my second team, for historical family reasons).

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
my kids support leeds. i would kick the runts out if they dared to support someone else. blood aint thicker than your teams colours.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I think alot of the problems come from parents. Today at work was quite intressting seeing all the man u fans telling the arsenal fans there season is f***ed if they don't win next tuesday, was really like kids in a play ground. They kept shouting out blackburn for the first half hour aswell.
Also coments of "you lot are not going to win nothing and you got a brand new stadium" obviously everyone wants to win things but they way the games marketed now that every game is the biggest game in the world ever winner takes all massive showdown makes the adults have this mentality that winning is everything and more important than just having an enjoyable day watching a game (either at the ground or on tele) then so will there kids, with children who support there local and lot less glamours teams they are easy targets for bulling and cheap jibes

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BHAFC then sadly MUFC :down:

Hopefully they will grow out of it at some point.

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
Oldest son goes occasionally but has only ever supported Albion & England. In fact England and on the rare occasion Albion are on the tele are the only football he really watches.

15 year old daughter came along to Forest game & one earlier in season but had a Liverpool/Man U phase when very young, but if you ask her now she supports Albion.

Youngest son always supported Southampton as his Premiership team as took along with best mate by his mum who is season ticket holder & saw a few games against 'top clubs' well if you call Villa a top club! Since Southampton relegated, Albion are now his team, although still has a pair of So'ton shorts!

All three kids members of Junior Seagulls but 16 year old thinks he is now too old!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here