Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What club do your KIDS support ?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lokki 7 said:
Having met you lads I have nothing but respect for them. Live near Selhurst yet they wear their Albion strips to football practice. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Indeed - I think we should nominate Pezza for some sort of "NSC Good Parenting Award". :bowdown: :bowdown:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Son - Tottenham
Daughter - not really interested at all but will go along to the Albion if there's a spare ticket and she hasn't got anything else to do.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Icy Gull said:
Son - Tottenham
Daughter - not really interested at all but will go along to the Albion if there's a spare ticket and she hasn't got anything else to do.

so do you regard your daughter as a "plastic " fan?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:
so do you regard your daughter as a "plastic " fan?

No more of a "don't give a shit" fan :lolol:

For what it's worth she fecking hates rugby having been dragged all over the country as a toddler so her parents could watch watch her brother play. Won't even stay in the room if there's rugby on tv :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Icy Gull said:
No more of a "don't give a shit" fan :lolol:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

It really fucks me off this "holier than though" attitude that is prevalent at the moment and its not just Brighton fans. It appears that if you havent had an owner screw you or your ground sold or had the board speak to you directly, you are somehow not a "true fan"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Dave the Gaffer said:

To suggest these people are "plastic fans" is pathetic really. Are we that arrogant now that we think anyone who doesnt support a lower league team is somehow "plastic"?

No. I think kids should support their local club. There's nothing wrong with supporting Man U if you live in Manchester, but there's plenty wrong if you live in Croydon or Bromley.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Albion. I knew my job was done with my son when he could not watch the last 20 minutes of that game at Posh in the run-up to the title with Peter Taylor. And then the celebration that followed.

My daugter will say she supports them - and that is good enough for me.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:

It really fucks me off this "holier than though" attitude that is prevalent at the moment and its not just Brighton fans. It appears that if you havent had an owner screw you or your ground sold or had the board speak to you directly, you are somehow not a "true fan"

Sadly, when people who don't live in Sussex who know I support the Albion ask me "How's it going with your new ground?" I now respond with "I don't want to talk about it". Sick to the back teeth with it :down:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Gwylan said:
No. I think kids should support their local club. There's nothing wrong with supporting Man U if you live in Manchester, but there's plenty wrong if you live in Croydon or Bromley.

Mate every town and city in this country is swarming with kids with Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool shirts, kids will follow who they see on the telly and who are winning, its a safety mechanism so they don't get the piss ripped out of them at school.

Not saying its right but it will always be the case.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Gwylan said:

I totally agree, but in Brighton its got to the stage of the possibility of being bullied or taunted for following the local side and I am sure its like that elsewhere. I'd rather the kids just were not interested in football now than they have to go through that and worse still me on their backs trying to force them to do something they dont want to do.

Doesnt seem to be cool to go to local footie with your old man these days like it was when I was a nipper.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gwylan said:

But why?

What happens if people move.....my mate's Dad was in the RAF and he lived all over the country and abroad...are you suggesting he should have switched allegiances every time he moved?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dave the Gaffer said:

So you think everyone should just blithely drift towards this Sky and other telly-fuelled crap whereby all non-Premiership football is perceived to be a risible collection of goalkeeping howlers watched by nothing but Sid and Doris Bonkers? It is still 1994 where you are?

Meanwhile more kudos to the Pezzas and the Palace fans on here who have done the right thing by theirs - in the longer term, their kids will thank them for it. Good times seem better when they're few and far between.

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
My 3 kids are all palace fans but my boy has a mate who has everything Chelsea, never see him out without his shirt, tracksuit etc. He came round my house recently and i said to him Have you always supported Chelsea Kieran? He looked at me thought for about 5 seconds and in all innnocence said well i used to support Arsenal!

The kid is 10 years old!

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Dave the Gaffer said:
But why?

What happens if people move.....my mate's Dad was in the RAF and he lived all over the country and abroad...are you suggesting he should have switched allegiances every time he moved?
That`s different. I could say my Son should support Brighton or Crawley. But like Pezza I took him along to Palace and the rest is history.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Last Sunday morning Que Serra Serra by Doris Day came on the radio. Imagine my delight when my 14 year old step-daughter joined in, totally unprompted, with When I was just a little boy...I asked my mother what will I be.....etc etc.

Got it absolutely word perfect all the way through, unprompted, and to my knowledge, I've never taught her the song. Her real father is a Leeds fan.

1-0 to step-dad:lolol:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
pasty said:
Last Sunday morning Que Serra Serra by Doris Day came on the radio. Imagine my delight when my 14 year old step-daughter joined in, totally unprompted, with When I was just a little boy...I asked my mother what will I be.....etc etc.

Got it absolutely word perfect all the way through, unprompted, and to my knowledge, I've never taught her the song. Her real father is a Leeds fan.

1-0 to step-dad:lolol:
Shall be quite interesting next season then. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here